THE BROWNS BOARD

Will Colt Mccoy Get The Start?

WRREBEL

So I have always stated i am not a Colt guy or a Weeden guy. I am who ever is the better QB guy..

Yesterday we dominated the game on the defensive side. Take away the bad play by sheldon Brown and the tipped pass and this one isn't even close. Problem is we had 8 turn overs and played against Batch who really sucks.

My problem with Weeden is not only he misses open throws but he sacks himself at times. He falls down before getting hit. It's one thing to be wrapped up and go down and another to see a guy coming and just drop like a sack of potato's. He needs tp try to scramble out of the pocket and at worst throw the ball away.

How bad was the sack before the half when we were in FG range and he got a 8 yard loss? When the pocket breaks down Weeden looks like a pitcher trying to hit. (awkward)

Grading his throws comes out poor also. He under threw Travis Benjamin but a lot. He misses Gordon and little on a couple of play also. Gordon is a play maker. He mad guys miss and looks very good.

So if Weeden is out Colt gets the happless Raiders. I don't think we will learn much about Colt during this game unless he stinks it up. If he has a good day, well he is playing the Raiders.. I would like to see how fast the ball comes out when he is back there. His deep pass and how he handles it when the pocket breaks down..

Our offense didn't look overwelmed against the vaunted Steelers D. I want Big ben to be back the last week when we play them in Pitt. We have a chance with the Raiders and the Cheifs to build a little momentum at the end of the season.

GO BROWNS! regardless of how we won yesterday it was great to beat Pitt!

It's all about read recignition...what sets Brady,the Manning's,Rodgers apart from others is the ability to read the defense,set the plays and adjust the routes at the line,then anticipate how the defense

will react to what they just called...It's easy for them...not so much for the McCoys,Weedens,Romos and Cassell...couple that with incompetent coaching and it makes it that much tougher for them

It's all about read recignition...what sets Brady,the Manning's,Rodgers apart from others is the ability to read the defense,set the plays and adjust the routes at the line,then anticipate how the defense

will react to what they just called...It's easy for them...not so much for the McCoys,Weedens,Romos and Cassell...couple that with incompetent coaching and it makes it that much tougher for them

Is Weeden even allowed to change the play? I don't recall Weeden audibling 1 time this year

Colt will lead us to a superbowl, anyways he has about as much of a chance as noodle arm Weeden does.

Seriously, if you're going to call somebody "noodle arm" b/c you heard it before, at least make sure it fits the bill. Weeden has a monster arm and could put a football between your eyes and through the back of your head... if he hit his mark, which is questionable. Honestly, he throws the ball too hard sometimes.

I'm hoping Weeden keeps playing, but I'll root for McCoy. McCoy had plenty of starts which proved he's not an NFL starter, and I don't think Weeden has had a fair enough shot yet to prove he's not a quality player. He has had a couple really nice starts this year, and a couple stinkers, but seriously he has played pretty well for a rookie. Play calling is still the prime suspect, especially in this past week's game.

Seriously, if you're going to call somebody "noodle arm" b/c you heard it before, at least make sure it fits the bill. Weeden has a monster arm and could put a football between your eyes and through the back of your head... if he hit his mark, which is questionable. Honestly, he throws the ball too hard sometimes.

I'm hoping Weeden keeps playing, but I'll root for McCoy. McCoy had plenty of starts which proved he's not an NFL starter, and I don't think Weeden has had a fair enough shot yet to prove he's not a quality player. He has had a couple really nice starts this year, and a couple stinkers, but seriously he has played pretty well for a rookie. Play calling is still the prime suspect, especially in this past week's game.

No doubt. Weeden has the superior arm....and Hezus Christe....he is a rookie. And he is saddled with a piss poor coaching staff.

I expect that this will be a minor concussion (but of course they must take all precautions) and that Weeden will start Sunday.

But, if not, and Colt is called on, I will expect him to come in and show the guts that he has show previously....though I will recognize that his throwing ability is inferior to Weeden's.

The question is: will our coaching staff recognize that and account for it.

Here is all the proof that we need that Shurmur has no fucking clue as a head coach. He just actually said during his press conference that McCoy and Weeden have similiar styles. Has he even watched these two play? They couldn't be more opposite. Weeden is a slow pocket passer with a huge arm. McCoy has a noodle arm but scrambles and keeps plays alive with his mobility and is generally very accurate on the short to medium passes. Maybe this is our problem all year...Shurmur thinks that these two guys have similiar styles.

What a buffoon...

Here is all the proof that we need that Shurmur has no fucking clue as a head coach. He just actually said during his press conference that McCoy and Weeden have similiar styles. Has he even watched these two play? They couldn't be more opposite. Weeden is a slow pocket passer with a huge arm. McCoy has a noodle arm but scrambles and keeps plays alive with his mobility and is generally very accurate on the short to medium passes. Maybe this is our problem all year...Shurmur thinks that these two guys have similiar styles.

What a buffoon...

Maybe he was taking about their clothes?

Zombo

Maybe he was taking about their clothes?

Zombo

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

agree with mark o. these guys are on different planets witht their playing style. mccoy wishes he had the size and arm or weeds whereas weeden looked like kosar trying to run.

weeds is the prototypical big armed QB with the heart of a squirrel. man i haven't seen anyone so scared of contact. the dude slid (after trying to 'scramble') 3 yards in front of the nearest defensman.

fuckin bambi.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

agree with mark o. these guys are on different planets witht their playing style. mccoy wishes he had the size and arm or weeds whereas weeden looked like kosar trying to run.

weeds is the prototypical big armed QB with the heart of a squirrel. man i haven't seen anyone so scared of contact. the dude slid (after trying to 'scramble') 3 yards in front of the nearest defensman.

fuckin bambi.

All QB's do that now a days, or they get killed.

Our (Browns fans) favorite player has always been the backup QB. I don't think Weeden is a potential perennial probowl QB, but I think we can win with him. Funny how quickly people forgot how inept our offense was last year with Colt and the horrific playcalling. This is one of the first years where I see some silver lining in young talent we can build off of - last year I saw very little. Minus some rookie mistakes, dropped passes, and the Shurmur effect, our record could easily be much different than it is. I say stay the course with Weeden for at least the next couple of years, while using a 3rd round or later draft pick on a QB to develop behind him in the meantime.

I say stay the course with Weeden for at least the next couple of years

there's no other way around it. you HAVE to.

the FO spent 2 picks within 2 years at the same position.

unless weeds shits the bed playing the rest of the schedule and haslam overreacts and decides to do his own big flush.........you gotta stick with the guy you paid that #22 pick for. sink or swim. do or die.

a lot of people's jobs depend on what weeds does from here on out.

Why would you want to stop the clock in the 4th quarter when you are leading?

Not the play i am talking about. Although with 5 minutes left in the 4th was also a shit play. The reason why we have lost games is we are playing not to to lose. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME..

On that play i would have prefer for him to lower the shoulder! man up!

Rather colt is capable or not we will never know even if he gets the start because shurmur isnt capable of utilizing him for anything other than a handoff machine..

Its a miracle the browns won against the stoolers between the poor execution and the abysmal playcalling..

Archived