THE BROWNS BOARD

Will Colt Mccoy Get The Start?

WRREBEL

Why would you want to stop the clock in the 4th quarter when you are leading?

We were up 6 points, that's playing not to lose and you know it.

Our defense was able to force Pitt into turnovers and their offense was bad by itself.

You get nowhere trying to hold a 6 point lead with 7 minutes left in the game, I'd much rather us be aggressive and try to put the game away.

Our (Browns fans) favorite player has always been the backup QB. I don't think Weeden is a potential perennial probowl QB, but I think we can win with him. Funny how quickly people forgot how inept our offense was last year with Colt and the horrific playcalling. This is one of the first years where I see some silver lining in young talent we can build off of - last year I saw very little. Minus some rookie mistakes, dropped passes, and the Shurmur effect, our record could easily be much different than it is. I say stay the course with Weeden for at least the next couple of years, while using a 3rd round or later draft pick on a QB to develop behind him in the meantime.

I'm not clamoring for Colt, but we were able to put together more drives with him and had a much better 3rd down%.

The playcalling is still horrific.

with the coach we have NO QB is going to put up decent numbers. Especially if the QB isn't allowed to change the play.

We were up 6 points, that's playing not to lose and you know it.

Our defense was able to force Pitt into turnovers and their offense was bad by itself.

You get nowhere trying to hold a 6 point lead with 7 minutes left in the game, I'd much rather us be aggressive and try to put the game away.

You can't bash Shurmur for his strategy last week. Sure, aggressive coaching and a play to win mentality is appealing, but he won and that's all that matters.

Did he have confidence in our D which was playing great while Steelers O was dismal? Or is he going to do the same thing in that situation regardless?

Now a great coach knows when to be aggressive and when to be conservative and I'm sure Pat is way too conservative for 99.9% of fans.

If Shurmur had played to win and been aggressive and Weeden thrown an interception and Steelers won there would have been just as many people screaming "Shurmurs an idiot our D was playing great why not just run out the clock and put it on our defense!" .

And yet we scored fewer points with Colt as the QB.

you can't compare last year's skill position offensive players of last year to this years.

that is just total bullshit. talk about being blind and close-minded.

i'm not saying colt would have done better than weeden but mccoy didn't have a #1 or #2 receiver that could hang onto the ball w/ no running game.

yeah what a litmus test.

That had nothing to do with Hillis being a turd and the receivers dropping more passes last year than this year?

Last year the Green Bay Packers went 15-1 in the regular season. They were arguably one of the best teams to not win a Super Bowl.

Last year the Cleveland Browns went 4-12 in the regular season. They were arguably one of the most painful teams to watch on offense.

Green Bay scored 63 TDs. 51 passing, 12 rushing.

Cleveland scored 20 TDs. 16 passing, 4 rushing.

Green Bay's rushing attack featured a whopping 578 yards from James Starks and an equally astounding 559 yards from Ryan Grant.

Cleveland's rushing attack featured a whopping 587 yards from Peyton Hillis and an equally astounding 334 yards from Montario Hardesty.

In 2011, Green Bay receivers dropped 32 passes in the regular season, for an average of 2 dropped passes a game.

In 2011, Cleveland receivers dropped 43 passes in the regular season, for an average of 2.7 dropped passes a game.

I highly doubt the difference between us and Green Bay was the extra .7 dropped passes a game.

The difference was that one team had a competent HC/OC and a good QB while the other...well, we know what the other had.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

agree with mark o. these guys are on different planets witht their playing style. mccoy wishes he had the size and arm or weeds whereas weeden looked like kosar trying to run.

weeds is the prototypical big armed QB with the heart of a squirrel. man i haven't seen anyone so scared of contact. the dude slid (after trying to 'scramble') 3 yards in front of the nearest defensman.

fuckin bambi.

Agreed. How did his guy get so far through Div I and then NFL draft being such a scardy cat? Weeden needs to man up, or we need to get rid of him. I hate pussy QB's. The great ones are/were tough. Even QB's that looked dorky (like Bernie) weren't afraid to tuck it in and run the ball. Wimp.

Agreed. How did his guy get so far through Div I and then NFL draft being such a scardy cat? Weeden needs to man up, or we need to get rid of him. I hate pussy QB's. The great ones are/were tough. Even QB's that looked dorky (like Bernie) weren't afraid to tuck it in and run the ball. Wimp.

Nah. I can see Weeden's point of view. Bernie was more clumsy then Weeden by far, plus threw side armed to boot. Unless your a running QB, why risk getting your career ended by some roided up Pittspuke player?

If Shurmur had played to win and been aggressive and Weeden thrown an interception and Steelers won there would have been just as many people screaming "Shurmurs an idiot our D was playing great why not just run out the clock and put it on our defense!" .

Not only just as many, but the exact same people...

Last year the Green Bay Packers went 15-1 in the regular season. They were arguably one of the best teams to not win a Super Bowl.

Last year the Cleveland Browns went 4-12 in the regular season. They were arguably one of the most painful teams to watch on offense.

Green Bay scored 63 TDs. 51 passing, 12 rushing.

Cleveland scored 20 TDs. 16 passing, 4 rushing.

Green Bay's rushing attack featured a whopping 578 yards from James Starks and an equally astounding 559 yards from Ryan Grant.

Cleveland's rushing attack featured a whopping 587 yards from Peyton Hillis and an equally astounding 334 yards from Montario Hardesty.

In 2011, Green Bay receivers dropped 32 passes in the regular season, for an average of 2 dropped passes a game.

In 2011, Cleveland receivers dropped 43 passes in the regular season, for an average of 2.7 dropped passes a game.

I highly doubt the difference between us and Green Bay was the extra .7 dropped passes a game.

The difference was that one team had a competent HC/OC and a good QB while the other...well, we know what the other had.

That's actually a decent analysis... incomplete and therefore erroneous, but a decent analysis.

do lizards have nipples?

NO...

Do frozen peas float?

Archived