THE BROWNS BOARD

A Further Look At The Browns Vs Steelers Game

ITHIKA

http://fanmonster.com/?p=4418&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=a-fresh-look-at-the-browns-win-over-the-steelers

Given all the complaining about a rare Browns win over Pittsburgh, it seemed worth checking into some things. Let’s start with the reality that the Steelers are a nasty physical bunch that led the league in total defense heading into Sunday’s game. Logically, that reality should mean the Steelers would make any offense struggle. Brandon Weeden, for example, caught some grief for the way he played — after he had completed 17-of-26. Weeden’s final passer rating in the Browns win was 78.7. Which doesn’t sound great — until perspective is applied. In the previous five games before facing the Browns, the Steelers had played the Bengals, Redskins, Giants, Chiefs and Ravens — which means they faced Andy Dalton, Robert Griffin III, Eli Manning, Matt Cassell and Joe Flacco. None had a rating higher than Weeden’s (as the chart above shows). The closest was Flacco (75.5), followed by RG3 (72.8), Dalton (56.4), Cassell (46.0) and Manning (41.0). The Browns scored 20 points, which matched the Giants total of 20. But New York got to 20 by returning a fumble for a touchdown. No offense matched the Browns total of 20 points on the Steelers defense. Too, the Browns hadn’t scored 20 points on the Steelers since 2007, and they had gone three games in a row and all of 2011 against Pittsburgh without an offensive touchdown. The Browns hadn’t gotten two touchdowns on the Steelers since 2009. Only Cincinnati matched the Browns two touchdowns. Baltimore beat the Steelers the week prior by getting seven points on a punt return. In the previous five games before facing the Browns, Pittsburgh had given up five touchdowns on defense. Cincinnati scored 17, Washington 12, the Giants 20, the Chiefs and Ravens 13 and the Browns 20. The Browns had a rushing touchdown and a passing touchdown. Baltimore didn’t get any offensive touchdowns. The Giants and Chiefs had a rushing TD, the Redskins a passing score. Then there are Trent Richardson’s 85 yards rushing. They came on 29 carries. No matter. Only Jamaal Charles had more yards rushing against Pittsburgh than Richardson. BenJarvus Green-Ellis had 69, Alfred Morris 59, Ahmad Bradshaw (the guy who went for 200 on the Browns) 48 and Ray Rice 40. Richardson doubled the rushing output of Rice. Yes, the Browns had short fields. Their scoring drives went 33 (FG), 10 (TD), 44 (FG) and 31 (TD) yards. But the short fields were not an accident. The Browns forced an historic number of turnovers (eight) by standing up to the Steelers and playing a very physical game on defense. Then they took advantage, which is pretty much what teams are supposed to do. So of the past six games against some pretty good teams, a little perspective shows the Browns fared better against the Steelers than anyone. Their quarterback’s rating was the best, they had more offensive points than anyone, as many touchdowns and ran the ball well. And they won.

Taken together, perhaps it’s time to put the cynicism away for a few days.

How did they take advantage of 8 turnovers exactly?? All those teams didn't have 8 turnovers, yes the steelers have a good defense but any decent offense should score more than 20 with all that extra help..any way you try to spin it

The advantage taken was we had the ball and they didn't, thus reducing their ability to score points.

How did they take advantage of 8 turnovers exactly?? All those teams didn't have 8 turnovers, yes the steelers have a good defense but any decent offense should score more than 20 with all that extra help..any way you try to spin it

I love hearing how we should have won games (DAL, IND, PHI) and then hearing how we should have lost this game

I love hearing how we should have won games (DAL, IND, PHI) and then hearing how we should have lost this game

No, I think it is believed that the Browns should have won this game by a much larger margin...given the number of turnovers they forced.

The thing I am hearing is that the original poster felt that the Browns offense had a very decent day against a top quality defense. All fine, well, and good.

What I want to see now is the Browns offense having a stellar day against a middling defense.

When are they going to light up the scoreboard and have Weeden throwing the ball like a man man and Little/Gordon/Benjamin/MoMass/Cooper/Cameron/Watson/Smith et al catching the ball like mad men. When is TR going to push getting a 200 yard game. When is this team going to score 40+ points like we think it should.

Many of us think the thing that is holding this team back from accomplishing this is one Mr. Pat Shurmur with his horrendous schemes/playcalling/motivational techniques.

Lets see this West Coast offense explode the way that the Joe Montana/Steve Young 49er offense or the Dan Fouts Charger offense exploded.

A good enough place for this West Coast offense to explode seems to me to be on the West Coast. Oakland, California. Why not?

No, I think it is believed that the Browns should have won this game by a much larger margin...given the number of turnovers they forced.

The thing I am hearing is that the original poster felt that the Browns offense had a very decent day against a top quality defense. All fine, well, and good.

What I want to see now is the Browns offense having a stellar day against a middling defense.

When are they going to light up the scoreboard and have Weeden throwing the ball like a man man and Little/Gordon/Benjamin/MoMass/Cooper/Cameron/Watson/Smith et al catching the ball like mad men. When is TR going to push getting a 200 yard game. When is this team going to score 40+ points like we think it should.

Many of us think the thing that is holding this team back from accomplishing this is one Mr. Pat Shurmur with his horrendous schemes/playcalling/motivational techniques.

Lets see this West Coast offense explode the way that the Joe Montana/Steve Young 49er offense or the Dan Fouts Charger offense exploded.

A good enough place for this West Coast offense to explode seems to me to be on the West Coast. Oakland, California. Why not?

If not against the Rai-duhs it ain't happening. Oakland is 25th in yards allowed, and DEAD LAST 32nd in points allowed. No time like Sunday.

The Steelers defense is not as good as the stats make them appear to be. Most important stat for a defense is turnovers, and the Steelers rank near the bottom in generating them. The Steelers offense was/is horrible without Ben, yet we were still in the game up until the end despite 8 turnovers. I really don't see how you can be "optimistic" about your teams future after that win. But you accomplished your goal of beating your hated division rivals, probably knocking them out of the play-offs. Bet that feels like winning the Super Bowl.

The Steelers defense is not as good as the stats make them appear to be. Most important stat for a defense is turnovers, and the Steelers rank near the bottom in generating them. The Steelers offense was/is horrible without Ben, yet we were still in the game up until the end despite 8 turnovers. I really don't see how you can be "optimistic" about your teams future after that win. But you accomplished your goal of beating your hated division rivals, probably knocking them out of the play-offs. Bet that feels like winning the Super Bowl.

Is the Steeler defense "bad" because it doesn't generate turnovers? Or is it a fact that they seem to rank low simply because their TO differential is so poor due to the offense coughing up the ball? I doubt they were rated all that bad before Sunday. Getting ass whipped by a team that caused 8 TO's will make your rating go down.

As for the offense being horrible without Ben....maybe. Maybe it ain't all that good with him? Ben doesn't run the ball or block and the Steelers are mediocre at best in those categories.

He is good at keeping plays alive and finding some decent receivers, but that doesn't make a juggernaut.

As for this game feeling like winning a Super Bowl? Not even close. Winning a Super Bowl is what feels like winning a Super Bowl. This just feels like what you said: a victory over a rival.

As for knocking the Steelers out of the playoffs? No, this was just an ante. I suspect that will be a job done by the Ravens and Bengals. But, by all means, feel free to have some of their players be carried off in the meat wagon.

I personally am not sure who I would rather see lose, the Steelers or Ravens.

And there is certainly cause to "hate" the Bengals every bit as much as those two teams....if they were ever any good.

Wow what gets me most is whether we lose by 3 points or 30 a loss is still a loss. Eight TO's or none did we not just put a big fat W in the win column last week? The amount of crying an moaning about how we should have put up big numbers because of 8 turnovers is downright disgusting. This team doesn't understand how to win consistently yet, but we are supposed to put up 40 on the number one defense? Out of your minds. Celebrate the fact that despite Pat we pulled it out anyways. I even remember seeing a thread on the ridiculous things we had to do offensively to win that game. Well we did it defensively instead and guess what...?

WE WON THE GAME!!!!!!

The amount of Brown's fans that obviously have terrible lives is staggering. Find a hobby that doesn't involve human interaction, you might find yourself waking up on the RIGHT side of the bed for a change.

It felt like beating a beat up team- and thanks to Shur-loss, we almost blew it. The "victory Port" was quite nice though. Ya know, we've won so few games over the last 10 years, ANY win is a cause for celebration.

Turnovers help, but I'll disagree- most important stat is points allowed. The other team scores less points, you win EVERY time.

Incidentally until last week your offense hadn't turned the ball over much either- so it's a wash.

It felt like beating a beat up team- and thanks to Shur-loss, we almost blew it. The "victory Port" was quite nice though. Ya know, we've won so few games over the last 10 years, ANY win is a cause for celebration.

Turnovers help, but I'll disagree- most important stat is points allowed. The other team scores less points, you win EVERY time.

Incidentally until last week your offense hadn't turned the ball over much either- so it's a wash.

I don't see this as beating up a beat up team. They had two guys out, BR and Polly. They had their full stable of RBs in the game and the Browns hammered them. Except for Castro who has never played for them their starting OL was intact. They didn't get 8 sacks like the prior week, but they got one plus many pressures, plus they gave up only 49 yards.

And the Steeler defense was still rated #1 yds or #4 pts. The vaunted Ravens offense only scored 13 against them....and I doubt that they will put up more than the 20 the Browns scored last week.

And if the Steelers were beat up because it was the Browns who did the beating. They carted Adams off, and who else?

Let it be known that I haven't been "crying" at all about this game. I've been stating the facts from my end of things. I'd also like to say that this fan written article is absolutely mental BECAUSE of the facts. The Browns were spotted the ball on the Pittsburgh side of the field at least 6 of the 8 times the Steelers turned it over and SUPER MAN Weeden could only muster a touchdown. The Browns offense could only muster two. The Browns didn't turn it over outside of the Richardson fumble to end the game but couldn't be reviewed because we were out of time outs. I agree with a few that a win is a win and win's and loss's are the only stats that matter. However this isn't a game I'd hang my hat on if I'm a Browns fan. Hell it's a game I wouldn't even want to talk about because it was THAT bad.

Gipper - Ben, Troy, Antonio Brown, Marcus Gilbert and Lamar Woodley left the game very early with an ankle. I'm not even sure why you mentioned DeCastro. Jerricho Cotchery was also out which is why we signed Burress. If you're gonna talk injuries at least be right about it. Brown is the best receiver on the team. Gilbert is our best right tackle. Worilds has played well behind Woodley all year so that's a wash. Oh and Ben being out is a pretty substantial injury. It's not just a "only these two were out" kind of injuries. Either way a win is a win and not once have I cried about anything post game. Injuries are a part of the game and the Steelers are decimated.

Sorry guys but you can't have it both ways. How many times have we given up fucking 8 turnovers and STILL ALMOST win the game? But, that's just a moral victory and it doesn't count and I'm sure that other fans out there are crying because they ALMOST lost to the Browns... Hell no, they take that victory and run down the street laughing out loud!

The only people upset with the outcome of last weeks game against the Steelers are either Steeler Fans or those interested in Draft position. We'll get a good player no matter what, picking in any spot in the first round. We don't have a second pick this year so whoever is the Best Player Available within the next 50 picks will be our pick.

Let it be known that I haven't been "crying" at all about this game. I've been stating the facts from my end of things. I'd also like to say that this fan written article is absolutely mental BECAUSE of the facts. The Browns were spotted the ball on the Pittsburgh side of the field at least 6 of the 8 times the Steelers turned it over and SUPER MAN Weeden could only muster a touchdown. The Browns offense could only muster two. The Browns didn't turn it over outside of the Richardson fumble to end the game but couldn't be reviewed because we were out of time outs. I agree with a few that a win is a win and win's and loss's are the only stats that matter. However this isn't a game I'd hang my hat on if I'm a Browns fan. Hell it's a game I wouldn't even want to talk about because it was THAT bad.

Gipper - Ben, Troy, Antonio Brown, Marcus Gilbert and Lamar Woodley left the game very early with an ankle. I'm not even sure why you mentioned DeCastro. Jerricho Cotchery was also out which is why we signed Burress. If you're gonna talk injuries at least be right about it. Brown is the best receiver on the team. Gilbert is our best right tackle. Worilds has played well behind Woodley all year so that's a wash. Oh and Ben being out is a pretty substantial injury. It's not just a "only these two were out" kind of injuries. Either way a win is a win and not once have I cried about anything post game. Injuries are a part of the game and the Steelers are decimated.

I said as much. But in the "Big Boy League" playing the injury card classifies you as a whiner. Also said Shur-loss is a joke of a HC, want to debate me there- on the other side of whinedom?

BTW, I looked at your injury report, and got a Bookie where I can put $20 on the Ravens to cover?

i love how fans designate other fans that don't agree with their opinions as crying or whining.

yeah we won the game, but as the gipper has pointed out when is the browns' offense going to explode? we traded picks for the #1 running back in the draft. we spent our second pick on our so-called franchise QB and finally have receivers that hold onto the ball (when it's thrown close to them).

the steelers are old and beat up. they will be at the bottom of the AFCN next year and for years to come.

we should have beat them by 3 touchdowns.

just sayin. (does this mean i'm bitching, beotches?)

Let it be known that I haven't been "crying" at all about this game.

Yes, you have been.

I've been stating the facts from my end of things.

Your end of things puts you in OZ.

I'd also like to say that this fan written article is absolutely mental BECAUSE of the facts. The Browns were spotted the ball on the Pittsburgh side of the field at least 6 of the 8 times the Steelers turned it over and SUPER MAN Weeden could only muster a touchdown. The Browns offense could only muster two.

Yes, it shoulda/coulda been a much bigger wipeout. (do you not credit the Steelers #1 ranked defense at all for having stopped them?)

The Browns didn't turn it over outside of the Richardson fumble to end the game but couldn't be reviewed because we were out of time outs. I agree with a few that a win is a win and win's and loss's are the only stats that matter. However this isn't a game I'd hang my hat on if I'm a Browns fan. Hell it's a game I wouldn't even want to talk about because it was THAT bad.

Sure it is a game to hang their hat on: they beat a winning team, a rival team. It is a game that should/could help them build confidence. What else do you think we DO make of it beyond that?

Gipper - Ben, Troy, Antonio Brown, Marcus Gilbert and Lamar Woodley left the game very early with an ankle.

Right. The Browns knocked those guys out of the game.

I'm not even sure why you mentioned DeCastro.

I mentioned him by saying that he has not been a part of your team all year...and by saying that beyond him...whose value as a rookie is truly unknown you had your whole offensive line intact.

Jerricho Cotchery was also out which is why we signed Burress. If you're gonna talk injuries at least be right about it. Brown is the best receiver on the team. Gilbert is our best right tackle. Worilds has played well behind Woodley all year so that's a wash. Oh and Ben being out is a pretty substantial injury. It's not just a "only these two were out" kind of injuries. Either way a win is a win and not once have I cried about anything post game. Injuries are a part of the game and the Steelers are decimated.

OK if injuries are the reason you lost....then you must acknowledge that without the injuries the Browns suffered (and the Joe Haden suspension) then the Browns could easily have won 3-4 more games this year.

Gipper - Lamar Woodley was the ONLY player of the injured that played in the Browns game and he came up lame on his own. All the others were injured before Browns week. I don't understand it sometimes. It's like you read most posts and go on auto pilot not actually piecing things together on your own. I also gave credit where credit was due IMMEDIATELY the day of that game. However when I show up here and have to read (Yes by choice, i could just as easily leave so "hate" away) that the Browns really "STUCK IT TO THE STEELERS" it made me want to vomit. Sure, hang your hat on that win but I don't believe a single player in the Browns locker room did. The Browns should have hung 40 on the Steelers and they couldn't. They won by 6 with 8 turnovers.....a putrid game by both teams offensively. Defensively was more Batch and the running backs than it was the Browns D. Sorry but anyone with a brain knows that's the truth.

won by 6 with 8 turnovers.....a putrid game by both teams offensively. Defensively was more Batch and the running backs than it was the Browns D. Sorry but anyone with a brain knows that's the truth.

yeah we won. our team vs. yours. one on one battles. we won. not our fault YOUR players were incompetent. was it your coaches fault? maybe. was in your defense's fault (not being able to stop such an inept offense as ours)? maybe. was it your team not being prepared or taking us too lightly? maybe.

all i know is cleveland beat the steelers. end of story.

just cuz they bounced back yesterday and played a good game doesn't mean you can give them a pass for playing like shit the week before.

you should get used to the feeling of losing. next year the stoolers and ravens will be getting the shitty end of the stick at the bottom of the AFCN which is a prelude for the division for the next deacade or two.

ha ha!!

Gipper - Lamar Woodley was the ONLY player of the injured that played in the Browns game and he came up lame on his own. All the others were injured before Browns week.

I guess I wasn't keeping track of all the players the Browns knocked out of that game. Woodley, Adams I know were both knocked out....but who else, who knows.

I don't understand it sometimes. It's like you read most posts and go on auto pilot not actually piecing things together on your own.

Or maybe what I actually do is say something I know is wrong, knowing that you are going to become a blubbering, quivering mass over the fact that you think somebody got something wrong about the Steelers. (Obviously I knew that most of the guys mentioned were out of the game before it was played).

I also gave credit where credit was due IMMEDIATELY the day of that game. However when I show up here and have to read (Yes by choice, i could just as easily leave so "hate" away) that the Browns really "STUCK IT TO THE STEELERS" it made me want to vomit.

What should have made you vomit is that the Browns caused 8 turnovers and knocked who knows how many players out of that game. What should have made you sick was the performance of your team....not the fact that we reported on it.

Sure, hang your hat on that win but I don't believe a single player in the Browns locker room did.

Well, then you are a dumbass. For a fact any number of them said that that victory gave them confidence going forward.

The Browns have had trouble "closing" out games all year. They had leads in the 4th quarter of like 6 or 7 of their 8 losses. What holding that lead did was prove to themselves that they could close out a game....and yesterdays game in which they again closed out a game was the fruit of what happened the prior week.

If you don't believe that...then, again, have a seat in the waiting room for. The doctor will see you soon to talk about your delusions.

The Browns should have hung 40 on the Steelers and they couldn't. They won by 6 with 8 turnovers.....a putrid game by both teams offensively. Defensively was more Batch and the running backs than it was the Browns D. Sorry but anyone with a brain knows that's the truth.

Well, scarecrow, cleary you don't have a brain, because you don't know the truth (or rather, you are too humiliated to admit it). I saw two good defenses. One was hammering the other and causing turnovers, the other was holding the team that got those turnovers at bay from scoring a lot of points off those turnovers. Anyone with a brain saw that.

yeah we won. our team vs. yours. one on one battles. we won. not our fault YOUR players were incompetent. was it your coaches fault? maybe. was in your defense's fault (not being able to stop such an inept offense as ours)? maybe. was it your team not being prepared or taking us too lightly? maybe.

just cuz they bounced back yesterday and played a good game doesn't mean you can give them a pass for playing like shit the week before.

you should get used to the feeling of losing. next year the stoolers and ravens will be getting the shitty end of the stick at the bottom of the AFCN which is a prelude for the division for the next deacade or two.

ha ha!!

What I see going forward is a division where all 4 teams seem like they are very evenly matched. Despite having the more gawdy record the Ravens were by no means a shoe-in for being head and shoulder above the other 3 teams. Yesterday proved that. They now have games against the Redskins, Broncos, Giants, and Bengals. Hell, from what I can tell they are fully capable of losing all 4 of those games...or any one of them.

The Browns were in both games against the Ravens right up to the final minute of each.

The Browns and Bengals split their meetings.

The Steelers and Ravens split their meetings.

The Bengals have lost their first meeting with both the Steelers and Ravens, but they seem certainly capable to me of taking any of the remaining games they have against those two.

The Browns have won the one game they have played against the Steelers. The next game is certainly up for grabs.

Nope, this is, at this point seemingly 4 very evenly matched teams.

What I see going forward is a division where all 4 teams seem like they are very evenly matched. Despite having the more gawdy record the Ravens were by no means a shoe-in for being head and shoulder above the other 3 teams. Yesterday proved that. They now have games against the Redskins, Broncos, Giants, and Bengals. Hell, from what I can tell they are fully capable of losing all 4 of those games...or any one of them.

The Browns were in both games against the Ravens right up to the final minute of each.

The Browns and Bengals split their meetings.

The Steelers and Ravens split their meetings.

The Bengals have lost their first meeting with both the Steelers and Ravens, but they seem certainly capable to me of taking any of the remaining games they have against those two.

The Browns have won the one game they have played against the Steelers. The next game is certainly up for grabs.

Nope, this is, at this point seemingly 4 very evenly matched teams.

yes.

but if i'm not going blind i see a resurgence in ohio nfl football. the teams from ohio, although not perfect, seem young and healthy almost vibrant compared to seeing charlie batch and some old piss and black wear down a so called powerhouse purple pukes team.

old and tired. without necessarlly being old and tired.

ha ha!!

Please highlight the reasons for the collapse of the Steelers this year or next. I also never said I was giving them a pass or that anyone was giving them a pass for last week. It was a TERRIBLE game, it's not my fault most don't want to see that it was more about the Steelers beating themselves than it was about the Browns beating the Steelers. I really would like an explanation for the supposed decline next year or the year after. What is going to transpire?

Please highlight the reasons for the collapse of the Steelers this year or next. I also never said I was giving them a pass or that anyone was giving them a pass for last week. It was a TERRIBLE game, it's not my fault most don't want to see that it was more about the Steelers beating themselves than it was about the Browns beating the Steelers. I really would like an explanation for the supposed decline next year or the year after. What is going to transpire?

James Harrison-34 years old.

Troy Polamalu- 31 years old.

Larry Foote- 32 years old.

Ike Taylor- 32 years old.

Brett Keisel- 34 years old.

Casey Hampton- 35 years old.

Ryan Clark-33 years old.

I don't know what's going to transpire, but I'm pretty sure half of your defense is going to expire.

And it's not like you've gotten yourself any quality backups for them, either. Do you really expect Ziggy Hood, Jason Worilds, and Cam Heyward to be the centerpieces of your future D?

EDIT: And your wideout core is seriously missing something. Brown has been garbage while Wallace has been serviceable. Hardly an All-Star performance from him, however. Josh Gordon has 18 less receptions for 30 more yards and only one less TD and is 5 years younger.

The Steelers aren't getting any younger.

James Harrison-34 years old. (Jason Worilds - maybe you should check his stats this year in spot play)

Troy Polamalu- 31 years old. (A safety is going to be needed but he's not dead and Will Allen has been great)

Larry Foote- 32 years old. (Only being asked to play because Sean Spence got ir'd in the preseason

Ike Taylor- 32 years old. (Keenan Lewis, Cortez Allen and Curtis Brown

Brett Keisel- 34 years old. (Cam Heyward/Ziggy Hood)

Casey Hampton- 35 years old. (Steve McCLendon)

Ryan Clark-33 years old. (Definitely need a safety as mentioned with Troy)

I don't know what's going to transpire, but I'm pretty sure half of your defense is going to expire.

And it's not like you've gotten yourself any quality backups for them, either. Do you really expect Ziggy Hood, Jason Worilds, and Cam Heyward to be the centerpieces of your future D?

And yes Cam Heyward is going to be good. I don't care for Hood at all but he's okay and Jason Worilds IS going to be yet another very good linebacker in the Steeler machine. Check his stats this year in spot starts. Sorry but this is what happens when teams draft well and don't miss 30 times when they draft inside the top 10.

EDIT: And hey mongo Brown has been injured in case you weren't aware and Ben has now missed half of the chiefs game, the ravens, the browns and the ravens again. I'm sure that doesn't have ANYTHING to do with a dip in receiver production. I swear some of you don't even think before you type out stuff.

And yes Cam Heyward is going to be good. I don't care for Hood at all but he's okay and Jason Worilds IS going to be yet another very good linebacker in the Steeler machine. Check his stats this year in spot starts. Sorry but this is what happens when teams draft well and don't miss 30 times when they draft inside the top 10.

23 combined tackles in 12 games is hardly what I'd call very good.

JMJ has been in the same spot role for us and has 5 more tackles in 4 less games, and you don't see anybody slobbing his dick.

Keenan Lewis 57 combined tackles, 19 passes defended, 0 INT through 12 games with 12 starts

Cortez Allen 32 combined tackles, 7 passes defended, 0 INTs through 12 games with 0 starts

Curtis Brown 19 combined tackles, 1 pass defended, 0 INTs through 12 games with 0 starts

Nothing spectacular. Keenan Lewis is what he is, a 3rd round DB in his 4th season, who is serviceable as a #2 corner. Allen and Brown will never be more than situational starters and nickel backs. You didn't hit a home run on either of those picks. You don't have a young #1 on your roster to take over for Ike.

In comparison, here's our 5th round pick in his second season.

Buster Skrine 73 combined tackles, 11 passes defended 0 INTs through 12 games with 4 starts.

This is denial. The Steelers used to draft well. Now they're drafting okay at best. I will give credit in saying that the FO did a great job in addressing the OL this year, but many of your past couple drafts have been just as bad as ours. 2011 contributed role players at best. 2009 was good for Wallace, but Hood has been a bust based on his position drafted. 2010 was good in that it got you Dwyer, but it took Mendenhall getting hurt to find that, which then renders your 2008 draft useless. Time will tell on this last year's draft, but injuries have blown many a team's hopes.

EDIT: And hey mongo Brown has been injured in case you weren't aware and Ben has now missed half of the chiefs game, the ravens, the browns and the ravens again. I'm sure that doesn't have ANYTHING to do with a dip in receiver production. I swear some of you don't even think before you type out stuff.

I was aware, seeing as how he's fucked me in fantasy all season.

I didn't realize Wallace and Sanders were having All-Pro years before his injury, forgive me for being so blind.

Fact is, the Steelers are getting old, Tomlin isn't Cowher, and you haven't drafted nearly as well as you used to. You don't have to see it, and nobody expects you to. But you asked for reasons and you got them.

You could field eleven 80 year old coma patients and still argue that they you have the best team in the NFL. It's why Steeler fans are generally despised. Your loyalty is so thick (when you're winning), that you completely disregard facts.

Archived