THE BROWNS BOARD

A Further Look At The Browns Vs Steelers Game

ITHIKA

I was aware, seeing as how he's fucked me in fantasy all season.

I didn't realize Wallace and Sanders were having All-Pro years before his injury, forgive me for being so blind.

Fact is, the Steelers are getting old, Tomlin isn't Cowher, and you haven't drafted nearly as well as you used to. You don't have to see it, and nobody expects you to. But you asked for reasons and you got them.

You could field eleven 80 year old coma patients and still argue that they you have the best team in the NFL. It's why Steeler fans are generally despised. Your loyalty is so thick (when you're winning), that you completely disregard facts.

The only thing that has been listed is players age and I posted back with a bunch of young guys waiting in the wings. Once again let's downplay Ben being out for 3 1/2 games. Idiot. Oh and Tomlin isn't Cowher? I'd rather have Tomlin personally and I don't know of many people that would disagree at this point.

Please highlight the reasons for the collapse of the Steelers this year or next

ben roethlisberger. done.

if he gets hit in his ribs again just the right way.......

i mean do you want to see someone actually die on the field?

steelers 2013 draft (if there is a 2013) first pick. QB.

Supposedly the rib deal has never been confirmed publicly by a doctor and it's only something that has exited Ben's mouth. He was the emergency qb against the Browns so apparently it's not overly serious. I'm still waiting on the reasons for the "epic fall" from grace.

Supposedly the rib deal has never been confirmed publicly by a doctor and it's only something that has exited Ben's mouth. He was the emergency qb against the Browns so apparently it's not overly serious. I'm still waiting on the reasons for the "epic fall" from grace.

epic fall frome grace?

like you guys were ever there before.

w/o big ben, tomlin looks like an ordinary coach and your team looks like an old retread of a bad B horror movie drive-in classic.

no specifics. none necessary. ring up this post same time next year, OK?

23 combined tackles in 12 games is hardly what I'd call very good.

JMJ has been in the same spot role for us and has 5 more tackles in 4 less games, and you don't see anybody slobbing his dick.

Keenan Lewis 57 combined tackles, 19 passes defended, 0 INT through 12 games with 12 starts

Cortez Allen 32 combined tackles, 7 passes defended, 0 INTs through 12 games with 0 starts

Curtis Brown 19 combined tackles, 1 pass defended, 0 INTs through 12 games with 0 starts

Nothing spectacular. Keenan Lewis is what he is, a 3rd round DB in his 4th season, who is serviceable as a #2 corner. Allen and Brown will never be more than situational starters and nickel backs. You didn't hit a home run on either of those picks. You don't have a young #1 on your roster to take over for Ike.

In comparison, here's our 5th round pick in his second season.

Buster Skrine 73 combined tackles, 11 passes defended 0 INTs through 12 games with 4 starts.

This is denial. The Steelers used to draft well. Now they're drafting okay at best. I will give credit in saying that the FO did a great job in addressing the OL this year, but many of your past couple drafts have been just as bad as ours. 2011 contributed role players at best. 2009 was good for Wallace, but Hood has been a bust based on his position drafted. 2010 was good in that it got you Dwyer, but it took Mendenhall getting hurt to find that, which then renders your 2008 draft useless. Time will tell on this last year's draft, but injuries have blown many a team's hopes.

Is this fantasy football? Keenan Lewis is a huge part of why the Steelers are the number 1 defense right now. He's playing out of his mind. Cam Hewyard isn't even the full time starter, he spells Hood or Keisel at the moment depending on who needs a break. I also sincerely doubt you knew the first thing about ANY of the corners until just now when you went "stat hunting". You've got all the tape on Allen and Brown and Lewis for that matter. Stop pulling shi.t out of your ass and the only reason you aren't being called on the carpet right now by multiple people is because this is a browns board. I'll wait for realistic challenges as to why the Steelers are going to fall off the map. Until then you're the same bunch of mongos that have been saying the Browns are playoff bound and the Steelers are going to fall off for the last 5 seasons or longer.

epic fall frome grace?

like you guys were ever there before.

w/o big ben, tomlin looks like an ordinary coach and your team looks like an old retread of a bad B horror movie drive-in classic.

no specifics. none necessary. ring up this post same time next year, OK?[/b]

Why do you attempt to troll? Where would any coach the league be without their franchise qb? Hell with the amount of injuries the Steelers have had so far this season it's amazing we aren't under .500. Instead we just beat the Ravens with our 3rd string QB and nearly won the first meeting, both WITHOUT Ben. I suppose because we lost the Browns but Beat the Ravens the Browns according to your fuzzy math are better than both. Give it a rest man, instead of looking like a moron you should attempt to argue the subject intelligently. We're 7-5 without A LOT of players. How many other teams could say the same without their franchise QB?

AKA SNATCH98 or Rorbotron or VAG or whatever:

congrats on your win. i had that game live yesterday and saw how your supposedly out-manned team busted the raven's ass. i get it. batch, albeit it an old backup has more fire in his belly than our 29 yr. old rookie QB. i would love to see weeds pull the offense into a huddle the way batch did yesterday....but that can be learned (i hope).

batch can't play forever and if ben ain't healthy and has to retire where do you go from there? you might statisticly have the #1 D (really?) but right now i'll roll with the browns and the way they are playing defensively.

next week we win 3 in a row and pummel brady queef. our offense will find the end-of-the-year groove and you will be sweatin bullets next year.

no offense. (not no offense. no offense to you sir).

tell me every breath a stooler's fan takes isn't followed by the thought.."gee, i hope ben is OK."

Is this fantasy football? Keenan Lewis is a huge part of why the Steelers are the number 1 defense right now. He's playing out of his mind. Cam Hewyard isn't even the full time starter, he spells Hood or Keisel at the moment depending on who needs a break. I also sincerely doubt you knew the first thing about ANY of the corners until just now when you went "stat hunting". You've got all the tape on Allen and Brown and Lewis for that matter. Stop pulling shi.t out of your ass and the only reason you aren't being called on the carpet right now by multiple people is because this is a browns board. I'll wait for realistic challenges as to why the Steelers are going to fall off the map. Until then you're the same bunch of mongos that have been saying the Browns are playoff bound and the Steelers are going to fall off for the last 5 seasons or longer.

I don't have tape on them because there isn't much tape to be had, which is my exact point.

Keep fighting it, it makes little difference to anyone. You wanted your reasons, you got your reasons, and you are the only one trying...and failing...to disprove them.

By the way, if Lewis is playing out of his mind and he's posting the stats he is...you have your answer right there as to why the Steelers are going to hell in a handbasket.

I'll see you in three years when you're a Redskins fan.

I'm still waiting to be "called on the carpet". Call your cavalry of mouthbreathers and inbreds, I'm dying to hear why I'm wrong. Let me guess...the answer is probably "six rings".

I don't have tape on them because there isn't much tape to be had, which is my exact point.

Keep fighting it, it makes little difference to anyone. You wanted your reasons, you got your reasons, and you are the only one trying...and failing...to disprove them.

By the way, if Lewis is playing out of his mind and he's posting the stats he is...you have your answer right there as to why the Steelers are going to hell in a handbasket.

I'm still waiting to be "called on the carpet". Call your cavalry of mouthbreathers and inbreds, I'm dying to hear why I'm wrong. Let me guess...the answer is probably "six rings".

Keenan Lewis was tied for the lead in the entire league for passes defensed last week or the week before. Sure he's not picking it off but he's doing his job and keeping points out of the endzone. Hence the reason I asked previously if this was fantasy football?

You won't get called on the carpet here and the other Steeler fans that post here post to troll. I don't post to troll. Please take what you're saying to my primary board and you'll get ripped apart by statistics. They don't lie. The Steelers being the number one D isn't some fluke and once they get healthy they have as good a chance as anyone to make a push for the Super Bowl. The only team I don't want to see in the playoffs out of the gate is denver and that's because Clark can't play at mile high.

Please highlight the reasons for the collapse of the Steelers this year or next. I also never said I was giving them a pass or that anyone was giving them a pass for last week. It was a TERRIBLE game, it's not my fault most don't want to see that it was more about the Steelers beating themselves than it was about the Browns beating the Steelers. I really would like an explanation for the supposed decline next year or the year after. What is going to transpire?

Yes, it is YOUR fault...that you have your head up your ass about this. What you saw WAS the Browns beating the Steelers like a redheaded stepchild. What you saw was the Browns manhandling and slobberknockering the Steelers so hard and so often that they could not hold on to the ball. You saw all of that if you bothered to watch the game. What you are is too big of a puss to admit it.

As for the belief that the Steelers may be declining, I suspect it has simply to do with the age of that team at critical spots. FYI, the same assumption can be made about the Ravens.

The only thing that has been listed is players age and I posted back with a bunch of young guys waiting in the wings. Once again let's downplay Ben being out for 3 1/2 games. Idiot. Oh and Tomlin isn't Cowher? I'd rather have Tomlin personally and I don't know of many people that would disagree at this point.

Again, and again, and again, the biggest age factor on that team is this: Dick LeBeau 75 years old.

The fact is the people here are correct when they say the talent level on the Steelers D isn't all that and a bag of chips, but they do continue to be rated in the Top 5 in both defensive stat categories (yards and points).

The unknown for you is what happens when DL retires.

You foolishly believe that the Steelers can just plug in the next guy to fill his slot. Well, that is a BIG maybe.

All those defenders you have been able to plug in to fill spots have all worked out because you always had the same guy running the show.....but can you just find a body to plug in to take his spot? Unlikely.

Well, if he is healthy he isn't done.

But, you do have to ask the question: with all the pounding he has taken in his career is he really going to be a guy that will continue into his later 30s? He has taken a far greater pounding than say a Peyton Manning due to his style of play. Or will he be a guy that has to retire at like 32.

No questioning his toughness, the question is how long can you take that kind of beating before it really catches up.

You won't get called on the carpet here and the other Steeler fans that post here post to troll. I don't post to troll. Please take what you're saying to my primary board and you'll get ripped apart by statistics. They don't lie. The Steelers being the number one D isn't some fluke and once they get healthy they have as good a chance as anyone to make a push for the Super Bowl. The only team I don't want to see in the playoffs out of the gate is denver and that's because Clark can't play at mile high.

The thing that may save the Steelers is that they have the weakest remaining schedule of any of the AFCN teams. See my other thread on this. Three games at home with Chargers, Bengals, Browns on schedule

ya know...I read this thread and had to laugh because Vagi-tard is still crying like a little bitch girl a week later cuz his Stoolers got the tar kicked out them. Like give it up already. Quit whinning like a little pussy...We beat your ass. Get over it Chumlee!! LOL

Archived