THE BROWNS BOARD

The Browns Are 5-8!

Frenchie

I know we're all celebrating a great victory and three-in-a-row but it just hit me. We are an interception that passed through a linebackers hands in the final seconds (Philadelphia), a dropped TD pass in the sun (Indianapolis) and an overtime loss (Dallas) from being 8-5. I'm happy about today and excited for the future, but what a shame, this could have been a playoff year. Game of inches, I guess. Oh we'll, Go Browns! I would love to see them run the table and end up 8-8. We're starting to see some confidence building and I'm loving so many pieces of this team. Just think about injuries to Taylor, Patterson, And the loss of two starting LB's on D. Thankfully O has been better with only LG and TE being hurt. Makes you think - doesn't it?

I know we're all celebrating a great victory and three-in-a-row but it just hit me. We are an interception that passed through a linebackers hands in the final seconds (Philadelphia), a dropped TD pass in the sun (Indianapolis) and an overtime loss (Dallas) from being 8-5. I'm happy about today and excited for the future, but what a shame, this could have been a playoff year. Game of inches, I guess. Oh we'll, Go Browns! I would love to see them run the table and end up 8-8. We're starting to see some confidence building and I'm loving so many pieces of this team. Just think about injuries to Taylor, Patterson, And the loss of two starting LB's on D. Thankfully O has been better with only LG and TE being hurt. Makes you think - doesn't it?

My thinking is Randy Lerner should've hired a Pres/GM with a 3 year plan..........not Holmgren with hs 5 year plan

Yes there's a lot to be optimistic about right now. I think Haslem giving a shit will make all the difference in the world. It will be interesting to see what happens in the off-season as it seems Heckert has a lot of fan support and Shurmur is even gaining momentum.

Yes there's a lot to be optimistic about right now. I think Haslem giving a shit will make all the difference in the world. It will be interesting to see what happens in the off-season as it seems Heckert has a lot of fan support and Shurmur is even gaining momentum.

Shurmur knows he's coaching for his job- the playcalling has been far more aggressive the last two weeks.

If you look at it from a glass half full standpoint, it gives one reason to believe we aren't far away and the future is bright.

What other way are you looking at it?

I am looking at it as I described it. He seems to be the one calling it the season that got away.

I think it's a new era and the Browns are about to dominate our division.

Shurmur knows he's coaching for his job- the playcalling has been far more aggressive the last two weeks.

And it is exactly this that scares me about pat shurmur..

If pat shurmur can guarantee moving forward that he will not roll over and kill the team with bad decisions and consistently over conservative playcalling especially when the game is on the line i could live with it..

I dont dislike shurmur like i disliked mangini, shurmur in his second year is far beyond mangini's capabilities even after 5 years experience and appears to be growing into the job unlike his predecessor whom was forever stuck in a dead end philosophy and a junior high school coaching mindset..

But i am nevertheless concerned about shurmurs over conservative tendencies and would hope haslam and joe blows banner are concerned as well..

I do believe that pat shurmur hasnt even came close to reaching his full potential as an HC and he at least seems like he is willing to do what it takes instead of being locked into one thing..

I kind of fear the idea that Haslem giving a s*** will be bad for the progress of this team.

I believe our greatest detriment over the last decade or so has been impatience.

If, as it seems, the team is beginning to come in to their own then the huge change I'm sure this guy is planning will be a disappointment to everyone.

I'm not a fan of banner so far but I'm warming up to the idea that the team is improving.

Screw the Steelers screw the Eagles.

I don't know what more we could have asked from Randy Lerner. He spent money, listen to 2 people we all assumed had a great football knowledge and kept his nose out of the business.

Will we be better off with a guy who needs the money more than Randy and thinks he knows how to run a team?

I guess we'll find out after the season to see if he blows everything up yet again.

WSS

Archived