THE BROWNS BOARD

Richardson

Slamfire44

Trent needs 131 yards to reach 1000 on the season an average of 43.6 yards in the last three games. With 348 receiving, 10 TDs, and 3.5 yards per rush through 13 games he's primed to breakout for a strong finish if he can stay healthy. This team is starting to come together and as a lifelong Browns fan it feels good for a change to see positive signs of something special taking shape and TRich is a big part of that! The Big wheel keeps turning and with the Stoolers & Rats on the way down it's time for the Browns to take control of this division next year.

Wonder how bad the ribs injury has really affected him? Did we ever see Trent at 100% this year? Maybe week 2 at CIN but is the "t rich is hurt and wont be 100 percent til next year" excuse really hold up? He's had this rub injury for a long time this season, and I know it takes a while for that to heal up. Just sayin, no preseason and the rib injury has put a damper on t rich.

IMO he hasnt been worth the #3 pick YET, he has been rather ordinary and inconsistent, but definetly an upgrade over Hillis. Doug Martin has had a better rookie showcase but I feel T rich has only BEGUN to show what he can do running the ball and catching passes.

What I'm saying is T rich this year has been a 7/10 as opposed to his draft status labeling him 9/10. Hopefully we see that 9/10 capability before the end of the season.

Wonder how bad the ribs injury has really affected him? Did we ever see Trent at 100% this year? Maybe week 2 at CIN but is the "t rich is hurt and wont be 100 percent til next year" excuse really hold up? He's had this rub injury for a long time this season, and I know it takes a while for that to heal up. Just sayin, no preseason and the rib injury has put a damper on t rich.

IMO he hasnt been worth the #3 pick YET, he has been rather ordinary and inconsistent, but definetly an upgrade over Hillis. Doug Martin has had a better rookie showcase but I feel T rich has only BEGUN to show what he can do running the ball and catching passes.

What I'm saying is T rich this year has been a 7/10 as opposed to his draft status labeling him 9/10. Hopefully we see that 9/10 capability before the end of the season.

If he wasn't worth the #3 pick then who should we have taken instead?

man i was all aboard the "fuck taking/trading up for TR" thing BUT man i have been reborn (in that category).

since haslam (his wife) has put the browns on the travel channel with the "on the road cleveland browns" show i have gained more insight from afar to these kids we got on the squad. TR and Weeds impress the hel out of me and i think that they and the rest of the team know that they are splashed on national TV every week has given them the IT factor.

let it play out. no drastic action at this point IMO.

The questions should be, then:

"How many of those other rb's with more yards have offenses that feature a dynamic passing game, so defenses won't just key

on the running game as a way to defeat the Browns' offense?

and

"How many of those rb's with more yards started a rookie qb?"

and

"How many of those calling the plays for those other teams whose rb ran for more yards....

consistently/all too often...

called for running up the middle on first down?"

and

"How many of those other offenses had a major pass dropping problem last year? (and a earlier this year)?

IOW's, who simply has more yards doesn't mean that they are better rb's.

and

TR has made some elite, super star rb runs, a few of them, that would dazzle anybody watching football.

The offense has just started clicking, and our TR has a great chance of getting over a thousand yards.

I'm happy with that for now..

Trent needs 131 yards to reach 1000 on the season an average of 43.6 yards in the last three games. With 348 receiving, 10 TDs, and 3.5 yards per rush through 13 games he's primed to breakout for a strong finish if he can stay healthy. This team is starting to come together and as a lifelong Browns fan it feels good for a change to see positive signs of something special taking shape and TRich is a big part of that! The Big wheel keeps turning and with the Stoolers & Rats on the way down it's time for the Browns to take control of this division next year.

Yawn.....

Dude, the 1,000 yard milestone was established when the NFL played 12 games per year. It is a joke with the 16 game season.

Yawn.....

Dude, the 1,000 yard milestone was established when the NFL played 12 games per year. It is a joke with the 16 game season.

Exactlly

1000 yards now-a-days is not good. It's only 62.5 yards per game.

The 28 yards he accumulated today ought to get him there real soon.

Our wide receivers are much more exciting running backs than our running back.

When you draft a RB #3 overall, you should get the tough inside running Richardson has shown PLUS the explosive game-breaking abiity. He has shown none of that.

He's thunder. He's not lightning.

Zombo

Hard to do too damn much when you're given the ball 11 times.

He's been given the ball 247 times and only two of them went for 20+

He was drafted #3 overall.

Adrian Peterson, he is not.

Zombo

The 28 yards he accumulated today ought to get him there real soon.

Our wide receivers are much more exciting running backs than our running back.

When you draft a RB #3 overall, you should get the tough inside running Richardson has shown PLUS the explosive game-breaking abiity. He has shown none of that.

He's thunder. He's not lightning.

Zombo

He's what Jim Brown thought he was..."ORDINARY"

He's been given the ball 247 times and only two of them went for 20+

He was drafted #3 overall.

Adrian Peterson, he is not.

Zombo

Zombo i know you and you are a true homer so for you to come out and say T-rich needs to come and step it up only gives vaild warrant to the points i brought up...

Look i love the guy more than the next guy but i said it before the draft T-Rich may not have the elite speed to be an elite back at the next level now dont get me wrong the kid is going to be a stud but AP, i dont think so...

Now Zombo dont get to down on him bro he will be a Brown for 10 years plus and he will bring you much happiness throughout that time while he is here,I really wanna see him after an NFL offseason and he hits the Weight and Conditioning program i think he may become an even better player...

Hes the real deal though and guess what Zombo We will be on top of the AFCNorth by the end of next year and T-rich will be leading the charge...Stomping all over the Bungles,Ratbirds and Squeelers....So heres that Cheers

One Love

Taking nothing away from Richardson who has an ability to get the ball in the end zone but 1,000 used to mean something when teams played a 12-game schedule. Less so with a 14-game schedule and - to me at least - very little with the current schedule.

When the NFL expands to more games, will folks still talk about 1,000 yard rushers.

Just sayin'..........................

Yawn.....

I agree the 1000 yard rushing season isn't the magical benchmark that it once was...just checking his stats. I like his potential and if we can sort out the other problems this team has,I believe he will be a great RB for the future. Is he worthy of a #3 pick overall? No probably not, but he is here now and we are a better team with him IMHO.

I find it pretty funny that, as a collective fan base, we complain about a 1000 yard rusher when we have only had it happen four times since we have been back. Oh and none of them had a combined 12 touchdowns. Richardson will make 1000 yards easy every year and he will only improve with better guards and an intelligent coach.

I find it pretty funny that, as a collective fan base, we complain about a 1000 yard rusher when we have only had it happen four times since we have been back. Oh and none of them had a combined 12 touchdowns. Richardson will make 1000 yards easy every year and he will only improve with better guards and an intelligent coach.

Peyton fucking Hillis had over 1,000 yards and 13 TDs two years ago behind sucky guards who are no longer in the league.

And I don't like Hillis ... I'm just saying ... quit making excuses for Richardson. He needs to play a HELL of a lot better next year and going forward to justify #3 overall.

He's got thunder, we need more lightning from him. It's just the truth. And it ain't the guards fault.

Zombo

Richardson turns stalled-out FG drives into Touchdowns... The name of the game is points, and he has given us his all in the redzone this year creating TDs out of nothing. To me, that is worth a #3 pick any day.

so having a goalline/short yardage rb is worth a #3 overall pick? I think it is not. But I hope next year, with more experience, no injuries, and (most of all) a coach that can get a game plan going that ACTUALLY FEATURES OUR PLAYERS TALENTS. Trent will do better

Peyton fucking Hillis had over 1,000 yards and 13 TDs two years ago behind sucky guards who are no longer in the league.

And I don't like Hillis ... I'm just saying ... quit making excuses for Richardson. He needs to play a HELL of a lot better next year and going forward to justify #3 overall.

He's got thunder, we need more lightning from him. It's just the truth. And it ain't the guards fault.

Zombo

I'm not making excuses. He needs to be better, I'm just pointing to the fact that we love to bitch about everything as a fan base. I'm just saying guards sure as hell wouldn't hurt and you completely ignored the comment on an intelligent coach.

Zombo

Richardson has no lightning I agree hes slow as balls and so far looks pretty average besides getting in the end zone but he is a rookie and hes gonna hit 1000 yards and he broke Jim Browns record with our shit play calling. But I agree with other dude our guards suck and our running scheme and general offensive playcalling is a joke. I go play after play predicting what they will do and they do it to a T. If my dumbass can predict then what do you think every coach getting paid millions of dollars is doing? Richardson is getting raped because nobody respects the passing game, our coaches blow, and our gaurds suck so inside running is a joke. I mean madden isnt RL but I know sure as hell when I run up the middle on obvious plays on madden I get my shit stuffed all day long, I run successfully on madden when I switch it up to outside, inside, weak and strong side never being predictable. I fake motion to make it look I am going a certain way and then act like I audible when they show blitz and then run it anyway. Those kind of headgames are needed to run the ball effectively. We dont do any of it were so fucking obvious a child could call plays like Shurmur. So maybe in someways Richardson is impressive with what hes done with the joke of an offense we have.

I'd like you to stand in front of that Hulking Goblin Motha Fuckin Trent Richardson and say some of batshit crazy things some of you are saying...

You've all lost your damn minds, it's time to wake up. Richardson might be the best player ever taken by the Browns since the layoff. This kid outright plays a grown mans game and is recognized and remembered by every team thats faced us this year. You can't measure his contribution by yards alone. Don't be rediculious.

Montario may have looked better out there a few times but don't let your eyes deceive you, he made those plays because the defense RELAXED because Trent wasn't in there. They are placing all their attention, damn near every game, on stopping Richardson. And, until Weeden can step up and deliver on a consistent basis to one of these recievers, that's not going to change.

Richardson will beat you on the ground... (and you'll stay there.) Teams would rather contend with Weeden's accuracy and short supplies of Recievers than let Trent gouge them with big runs all day. There just hasn't been any holes for him to hit the seems... but don't be fooled, he made some holes for himself. He's made outstanding one handed catches(when the ball has been thrown within ten feet of him), carried the opposing TEAM on his back for positive yardage, took linebackers "head-on" and took the "HEADS OFF" a couple secondary players that probably wished they would have run they other way when they saw him coming.

Richardson is very young and has had a couple "set-backs"(although this is taking nothing away from the amazing things he's done for this team this year). He's not going anywhere, we've got our Franchise Running Back and by the time he's done here, we're going to hang his number with the greats, you can believe that. I can honestly say that this team right now, without Trent Richardson, is a one or two win team at this juncture.

I'm even going to flip it a little bit, this team with McCoy at the QB position is a nine to ten win team right now. Colts movement and good decision making make him a more dangerous threat within this offense than Brandon Weeden. Just look at what Cousins was able to do to our team with his MOVEMENT> this changes the dynamics of the way the Defense functions. Imagine if Richardson was Cousins runningback yesterday... it would have been a NIGHTMARE.

Count your blessing and know that we have probably the best runningback in the NFL right now who's name isn't Petterson... That guys a freaking freak. Just give it time, Trent will catch him.

P.S.- You won't even remember Doug Martin's NAME in 4 years... Although, Richardson you'll never forget.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLmm6uPLNpI

Lest you so easily forget.

Oh, there's way more... but why bother. Open your eyes. Franchise.

Archived