THE BROWNS BOARD

Whelp... Shurms Is Gone

Smotage

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Losing to Kirk Cousins in a must win game. 5-11 again, another losing season, and regression in all aspects of the game. I guess the Browns, a bad team, bought into the hype and laid an egg.

5-9 actually. Not sure how the browns lost 3 games today? Dumping Shurmur is a nice consolation prize though.

I'll be the first to shit on Shurmur, but if you are going to be objective about it - you cannot put this loss on him.

Weeden kinda sucks.

You really can though. Shurmer went to typical Shurmer turtle ball today with I'd reckon to guess 75% of the plays being 10 yards or less routes. Weeden was awful I'm not arguing that, but this inconsistent terrible play calling does nothing but hurt the team. I hate losing but I'm glad this happened to a degree because this all but solidifies shurmer's ass is gone.

You really can though. Shurmer went to typical Shurmer turtle ball today with I'd reckon to guess 75% of the plays being 10 yards or less routes. Weeden was awful I'm not arguing that, but this inconsistent terrible play calling does nothing but hurt the team. I hate losing but I'm glad this happened to a degree because this all but solidifies shurmer's ass is gone.

Mike Martz who has forgotten more about football than you and I will ever know made a comment about Shurmur changing the offense due to Weeden not being able to make 1 on 1 throws.

He also made a comment about Weeden having shots downfield and not taking them.

For what it's worth.

GOOD, the guy should've been fired weeks ago

Mike Martz who has forgotten more about football than you and I will ever know made a comment about Shurmur changing the offense due to Weeden not being able to make 1 on 1 throws.

He also made a comment about Weeden having shots downfield and not taking them.

For what it's worth.

Good point and this is not the first time that this has been pointed out. Weeden has been horrible at executing the offense. He misses receivers on the crossing routes and holds on to the ball way too long. We could deal with all of this if he were 23 but that is not the case.

This board flip flops on Weeden, Heckert, and Shurmur every week.

Have some balls and be consistent, have a solid opinion and stick with it.

I've been calling for shurmers job all year. THE GUY SUCKS

I've new we flip flopped on Shurmer. He's always been a bum. I know there are two games left, but we are done winning this season. Denver looks unstoppable and the Steelers will be playing for a playoff spot (maybe even the division).

This is the main reason why Shurmer will be gone. You ready? Here it is: Pat Shurmer inherited a 5-11 team. In the two years he has been here, we have acquired WAY MORE talent than before. And what has he done with all that talent? Turned us into a 5-11 team. Well done Pat. You may now go back to being an overrated coordinator.

I will say this about Shurmer though. It's not really his fault that he's a bad head coach. He was never qualified to be a head coach and didn't deserve to be. He was in over his head and got off on the wrong foot. He tried to do way too much the first season (no offensive coordinator and calling plays). You will not be missed Pat.

This board flip flops on Weeden, Heckert, and Shurmur every week.

Have some balls and be consistent, have a solid opinion and stick with it.

Agreed. Weeden is shit, Shurmer is shit, Heckert is solid. What other QB's are going to come out of that draft and blow Weeden away. I hope that this really was Holmgren and Heckerts idea

I've new we flip flopped on Shurmer. He's always been a bum. I know there are two games left, but we are done winning this season. Denver looks unstoppable and the Steelers will be playing for a playoff spot (maybe even the division).

This is the main reason why Shurmer will be gone. You ready? Here it is: Pat Shurmer inherited a 5-11 team. In the two years he has been here, we have acquired WAY MORE talent than before. And what has he done with all that talent? Turned us into a 5-11 team. Well done Pat. You may now go back to being an overrated coordinator.

I will say this about Shurmer though. It's not really his fault that he's a bad head coach. He was never qualified to be a head coach and didn't deserve to be. He was in over his head and got off on the wrong foot. He tried to do way too much the first season (no offensive coordinator and calling plays). You will not be missed Pat.

I don't event think he was an overrated coordinator before here. He was a terrible one, just ask St. Louis fans. Why the hell do you bring in a guy with who had one of the worst offenses in the NFL to be a head coach? Holmgren screwed us big time with him.

I don't event think he was an overrated coordinator before here. He was a terrible one, just ask St. Louis fans. Why the hell do you bring in a guy with who had one of the worst offenses in the NFL to be a head coach? Holmgren screwed us big time with him.

He brought him here because he's a relative of a friend. He was cheap, he's easly manipulated, he runs the same crap offense, and he would never go against Holmgren. Basically NONE of those reasons are good

Trent Richardson 2 touchdowns first half, 2 carries in the second half....he deserves to be fired for that alone.

Not true.......if you really look at the way the game unfolded........Weeden did nothing to make Washington respect the passing game therefor the Redskins just stuffed our running game and dared us to beat them with the pass. THe Browns could not run the ball at all today. Weeden was lost.......he looked like Couch standing in the pocket and patting the ball and too afraid to pull the trigger.

What you fail to acknowledge like many on this board is he's had below average talent on offense the last two years. Now this year Richardson has been good, not great. Josh Gordon has been good the last seven weeks and Little has started to catch the ball better. That still doesn't overshadow Weeden's shortcomings. He is one of the worst starting QBs in the league.

What you fail to acknowledge like many on this board is he's had below average talent on offense the last two years. Now this year Richardson has been good, not great. Josh Gordon has been good the last seven weeks and Little has started to catch the ball better. That still doesn't overshadow Weeden's shortcomings. He is one of the worst starting QBs in the league.

You might be correct last year, but the talent is way better this year and our offense still sucks. We got better at rb,wr,qb and o-line and we still suck on offense. That's on Shurmer

Not true.......if you really look at the way the game unfolded........Weeden did nothing to make Washington respect the passing game therefor the Redskins just stuffed our running game and dared us to beat them with the pass. THe Browns could not run the ball at all today. Weeden was lost.......he looked like Couch standing in the pocket and patting the ball and too afraid to pull the trigger.

Whats not true? Alfred Morris ran for less than 20 yards in the first half, that didn't keep them for feeding him in the second half.

Just because he's not gaining 5 ypc doesn't mean stop giving him the ball. Especially with Weeden playing as bad as he was.

You might be correct last year, but the talent is way better this year and our offense still sucks. We got better at rb,wr,qb and o-line and we still suck on offense. That's on Shurmer

I don't know about that. Trent is an upgrade but running the ball has taken a backseat to passing the ball in the NFL. The WRs have gotten better but they started off very slow. And while I agree Weeden is better than Colt thats like saying Sanchez is better than Mcelroy.

I don't know about that. Trent is an upgrade but running the ball has taken a backseat to passing the ball in the NFL. The WRs have gotten better but they started off very slow. And while I agree Weeden is better than Colt thats like saying Sanchez is better than Mcelroy.

so we got better at rb,wr, and QB. Just like I said, our coach still sucks.

Whats not true? Alfred Morris ran for less than 20 yards in the first half, that didn't keep them for feeding him in the second half.

Just because he's not gaining 5 ypc doesn't mean stop giving him the ball. Especially with Weeden playing as bad as he was.

Its kinda a catch 22 if you will. Weeden is playing so bad that the Browns can't run the ball. Running the ball would be a great idea if the defense feared the pass.....feeding Trent the ball would have accomplished nothing. The Browns just sucked ass today. Sometimes the other team is just so much better than you.

so we got better at rb,wr, and QB. Just like I said, our coach still sucks.

We got better but we were the worst last year. If we had Dalton and AJ Green and still sucked it would be on Shurmur but Little and Gordon together don't equal Green and Dalton is a good NFL QB.

We got better but we were the worst last year. If we had Dalton and AJ Green and still sucked it would be on Shurmur but Little and Gordon together don't equal Green and Dalton is a good NFL QB.

I think if we did have Dalton and Green we would still suck if Shurmer were the coach. HIs offense is old, and very predictable. No imagination at all.

Archived