THE BROWNS BOARD

Alec Scheiner New Browns' President

Hunt Daddy

Where does this put Banner..? I know he's president... how many bank accounts are we padding now?

Banner is CEO, so this guy would answer to Banner ... and everybody else would answer to him, I guess.

Don't know much about him. Looks younger.

Zombo

so that means all player personnel decisions will be made by the GM (with the approval of everyone else)?

i know haslam wants to mirror this franchise like those of jones and mara i just hope he doesn't go overboard and clean house just to do so. everyone should be evaluated on their performance from heckert to the coaching staff to the players.

Face it.....you need a legal eagle in the house of a billion dollar operation.

]

Haslam is building his layers....a person who knows how to run a football operation. A person who knows the legal ends of a operation, and IMO soon to name the person who holds the biggest card beyond his over players., which may still be Heckert.

Face it.....Haslam is a active owner....he's going to hold the final card. If he gets a boner over some player, guess who we draft or get in FA??

Let me ask all of you a serious question.

If you owned a team, would you have some say in who you draft or go after in FA???

Oh....I know the honest answer.

So, we have an owner that lives and dies football

a CEO that has said multiple times wants to get in the business of buying and SELLING a football team and basically has created a terrible team in PHI that has a bunch of broken down FA

a president that grew up a Steelers fan and isn't really a big sports fan??? WTF Scheiner has his fingerprints on almost every key off-field decision, most notably the planning, financing and construction of the team’s new stadium.

Now with the stadium done, Scheiner is looking to broaden his role. “I have tried to transition my role a bit with the help of the Joneses and not pigeonhole myself into being just an attorney,” he said but i love being a lawyer and (eminent domain, financings, sales during a recession, etc.) to play a small part in helping make Cowboys Stadium a reality...hid dream "to be a point guard in the NBA" really really so we get a basketball guy to oversea the browns...WTF if Banner doing...i'm assuming Banner is gone in a few months

A quarterback who said he enjoys golfing more than football

a RB that should be in the nut cracker

]

Haslam is building his layers....a person who knows how to run a football operation. A person who knows the legal ends of a operation, and IMO soon to name the person who holds the biggest card beyond his over players., which may still be Heckert.

Face it.....Haslam is a active owner....he's going to hold the final card. If he gets a boner over some player, guess who we draft or get in FA??

If you owned a team, would you have some say in who you draft or go after in FA???

Answer to your question....You BETCHA!!!

Mike

This guy is a very good hire as our new president..

No objections here..

Now on to the important issues please, the football side of things..

I am fairly confident that both pat shurmur and tom heckert are done in cleveland and now we fans play the waiting game to see just how haslam/banner plan on moving this club forward and hopefully not backwards as the lerners had done for so many years..

A statement of wanting to get "the best of the best" from a guy like banner whom himself has a proven track record of not being the best of the best is not real encouraging..

This guy is a very good hire as our new president..

No objections here..

Now on to the important issues please, the football side of things..

I am fairly confident that both pat shurmur and tom heckert are done in cleveland and now we fans play the waiting game to see just how haslam/banner plan on moving this club forward and hopefully not backwards as the lerners had done for so many years..

A statement of wanting to get "the best of the best" from a guy like banner whom himself has a proven track record of not being the best of the best is not real encouraging..

I agree.

I think the next hire will be telling. It's going to dictate if we have a strong coach with power or a strong GM with power, thus I think it will take a while. I think they will explore the coach aspect first so they don't eliminate those guys right off the bat by hiring a strong GM.

]

Hell ya.

From what I've seen on the guy so far it sounds like he's more on the Marketing side - "enhancing" the Fan experience at the Stadium.

In short, make Fans want to come and have a good time other than just the game.

At $8.50 a beer, $20.00 to park, etc. I mainly choose to watch at home. Oh, and $9.00 for a Christmas ale which gives a good buzz.

Haslam is no doubt running the Browns like a business, and that bodes well for Cleveland Brown fans. Whereas most public companies seek to maximize shareholder value, the Cleveland Browns has to maximize winning in order to become a premier business in the league. That's something I can appreciate.

The only thing that scares me about this guy was his answer to the dome question on the Plain Dealer article. He basically said that we will cross that bridge when we get to it.

Alec, if you put a dome over our stadium I might come to Avon Lake/Hunting Valley/Solon/wherever your rich ass takes you and slap your wife in the face.

Haslam is no doubt running the Browns like a business, and that bodes well for Cleveland Brown fans. Whereas most public companies seek to maximize shareholder value, the Cleveland Browns has to maximize winning in order to become a premier business in the league. That's something I can appreciate.

The only thing that scares me about this guy was his answer to the dome question on the Plain Dealer article. He basically said that we will cross that bridge when we get to it.

Alec, if you put a dome over our stadium I might come to Avon Lake/Hunting Valley/Solon/wherever your rich ass takes you and slap your wife in the face.

I don't get why so many are so against a dome.

This city wants to have a Super Bowl winning team. Yet, we don't want the chance to ever host a Super Bowl either. Most of you wouldn't pass up to go to Super Bowl if tickets were given to you. And more than likely that Super Bowl will be played in a Domed Stadium. If our team ever wins a Super Bowl or gets to a Super Bowl, it will more than likely be played in a Dome. So why not have a dome? "It's not Cleveland Football"!! blah blah blah... Who signed the "Official Browns Football Constitution" that said that Browns football has to be played on grass, in the rain, in the mud, in the snow? Where is it written in he lore of Cleveland Browns football. "But it's tradition". I get it. We can still hold onto that tradition as fans. But the first time this team wins a Super Bowl in a dome, is that some how going to taint our Super Bowl victory?

I can just read it now. Minutes after our first SB win this is what we will read.

"We just won a SB!! I can't believe it".

"But it was in a gay ass dome. That's not Browns football. Domes are for pussy winners"...

I don't think that will happen. Times are a changing boys, and for me, I'm going to get on this wagon and put my trust in Haslam. You guys can all sit there in your corner crying about uniform changes and dome stadiums. But I am going to try and enjoy the future for once.

I know we have recently played a SB that wasn't in a dome. And SB 28 I believe is scheduled for NY, an open stadium. But that is NY. If you think for one minute that Cleveland will ever host a SB without a dome. Good Luck. And as soon as an outdoor SB is crashed because of Weather, the NFL will pull out of that bag real quick.

And Realize this. Haslam, and this Scheiner guy, they are marketers. They will do what they need to make Cleveland not only good football team, but they will do what they can to make it an attractive team and city and utilize the "Cleveland Browns" to it's fullest potential. Something we haven't seen in Cleveland Sports since maybe the mid-90's Indians. So as I said earlier, you guys can get in your little corner of former Browns traditions and cry about it, but as for me and my house, we will enjoy this ride.

At $8.50 a beer, $20.00 to park, etc. I mainly choose to watch at home. Oh, and $9.00 for a Christmas ale which gives a good buzz.

Ouch.

I haven't lived in the area for a long time, so I have no idea what the Stadium experience is like these days.

Sounds pretty rough at those prices . . .

Ouch.

I haven't lived in the area for a long time, so I have no idea what the Stadium experience is like these days.

Sounds pretty rough at those prices . . .

All I know is that the Cowboys stadium is crazy expensive. I had a co-worker go to Dallas on business. He drove by the stadium and parking read 70 or 80 dollars. I can't remember exactly what it was.. but was somewhat flabbergasted by the amount.

haslam - owner

banner - ceo

scheiner - president

Yea, seems like a lot of corporate bureaucracy.

Or, maybe it is just semantics. Usually the "president" of the company is the CEO.

What this guy seems to be is more like "Vice-President of Finance" or some such

The real question will be: "Who will be Head of Football Operations", because I understood that Banner was to be the Chief Financial Officer, but now it seems this guy will be CFO.

I don't mind the dome situation of its done right. If a geodesic dome is the best or only option available, don't do it.

it's been said the architecture of CBS couldn't handle a retractable roof, and they are certainly not building another stadium, so I say let it go.

I don't mind the dome situation of its done right. If a geodesic dome is the best or only option available, don't do it.

it's been said the architecture of CBS couldn't handle a retractable roof, and they are certainly not building another stadium, so I say let it go.

It's not just the dome- and I don't think a geodesic dome is possible given the surroundings of the stadium. You build a dome you have to heat and air condition it- so where do you put that?

Archived