THE BROWNS BOARD

Break Down Weeden's Rookie Year.

dab7291993

I'm all for supporting our qb no matter who it is. I also don't think there's anyone else better than Weeden coming out. But the thing that bothers me with Weeden is that he repeats the same mistakes. He needs some better coaching or to start learning faster. He has the same problems in his final game as he did his first. Staring down receivers, batted down balls, ect.

You're a troooooollll!!!

Really is that the best you got? The Browns have lost double digit games 12 of 14 seasons since they've return and you want to call me a troll for going against the decisions the established regimes have made?

Do you know how friggin stupid you sound? 11 months ago I told you dudes to do what it takes to draft RGIII and 1/2 of the board laughed it off only to be okay with trading 4 picks to move up to draft Richardson in the top 3 of an NFL Draft.

LMAOOOOOOO

You all are CLUELESS. Downright dumb as to what it takes to have a winner in this city. Leave your troll comments at the door... of my outhouse

You're probably one of those assholes who has had the "I voted for Al Gore" sticker on your Toyota Prius since 2000. In hindsight, you may have been right. Nevertheless, this doesn't make you the all-knowing, master of knowledge that you purport to be. Even though you claim "85%" of us are illiterate, the reality is that "85%" know 100% more about football than you do.

You went against the grain? Congrats. Ya want a cookie?

Live in the present. Bad decisions may have been made, but we need to see what will benefit us going forward. Living in the past is just stupid, and such people are the lowly pricks who bitch about the Browns without offering anything constructive to change it.

You're a big douchewaffle, you just can't process that I have the same attitude toward Weeden that all you fucks have against McCoy.

You're not smarter than anyone.

The fact that you acknowledged that we won 1 more game under Weeden is hilarious, as if that marks any improvement. Maybe in a few years we'll win 9. HOPE.

I hated the pick the second it happened, we took a guy who was older than QB's taken in 2005 and wasn't rated that much higher than Foles/Cousins as a prospect. We took a guy who played against Big 12 defenses in a quick read offense and didn't show elite tools outside of his arm strength. We tried to skip steps in developing a QB and it blew up in our face, and I'm a Retard because I'm mad we failed?(I'm fully expecting you to say "yeah you are a Retard.")I said from day 1 if he came out and played well I wouldn't have anything against him but instead I got put through my absolute worst season as a Browns fan and I should be patient on a guy who doesn't possess the ability that nearly every QB in the NFL has and is nearly 30?(I'm gonna keep saying because it's a lot more important than you think, it's not about talent leaving his body at 30 it's just there's not as much room for improvement as it's harder to change habits at that age.) The only QB he was truly better than this season was Mark Sanchez, and he's fucking terrible. We can cut our losses and move on and if Weeden goes on to have a great career we should be fine with it because he probably won't have one here.

You can keep talking down to me but it won't change my argument. We shouldn't ever say "But had he thrown for 45 TDs for some other team, we would have been kicking ourselves for "staying with Colt"". Because if he went to a team that he was a good fit on he would have done better but that's not how you make picks. That's like the exact same sentiment as "what if Grady Sizemore comes back healthy for another team and plays at an all-star level, we would be making a huge mistake." I have every right to be mad, and I will be upset until my team is good or shows that they're on some type of path to contention.

And you didn't have to say that, because that's the only way to justify having faith in Weeden at all. If you don't truly believe he can save our franchise then why even argue this strongly about it? If you're just arguing for the sake of arguing, thank you for this.

Weeden showed some glimpse early on in the season, but after that Ravens game and Banner being quoted as saying something along the lines of we aren't sold on Weeden, he went into the shitter.

In Weeden's defense I don't think Luck,RG3 or Wilson would have looked much better playing for us.

Try to keep in mind what RG3 and Andrew Luck were doing last year.

They were playing quarterback on successful football teams.

Weeden, on the other hand, was sitting around the Yankees dugout tossing playing cards into an upturned hat.

WSS

That was like 4 years ago.

Weeden, on the other hand, was sitting around the Yankees dugout tossing playing cards into an upturned hat.

WSS

Weeden was playing at Oklahoma State last year and beating Andrew Luck and Stanford in the bowl game.

WSS

Weeden won the damn Fiesta Bowl against Stanford last year, wtf are you saying?

Weeden showed some glimpse early on in the season, but after that Ravens game and Banner being quoted as saying something along the lines of we aren't sold on Weeden, he went into the shitter.

In Weeden's defense I don't think Luck,RG3 or Wilson would have looked much better playing for us.

I agree with the idea of NO qb would look good playing for Shurmer. I don't care who's playing QB, the system, playcalling, and utter predictability of Shurmer's crap offense would make Joe Montana look like Colt McCoy.

Unfortunately I have to agree here. Maybe it's something in the air in Cleveland as I actually live in South Florida, but there are a lot of crybabies out there cryin over things that A) they have no control over anyways, and B)Just show how little they actually know about football.

Look at Drew Brees and the Saints this year...Do you mean to tell me that you think that them losing Sean Peyton for the year isn't the reason they were horrible? Every other year they were lights out until this year...same squad, same coaches minus him...

Too many HOF QB's had horrible rookie years for you to want to rinse, repeat Weeden so soon.

Losing Gregg Williams was bigger than Peyton. They still scored they just couldn't stop anyone. The air in South Florida must be thin cause a chimp could coach that offense and that's what Peyton does, he left stopping teams to Williams.

Losing Gregg Williams was bigger than Peyton. They still scored they just couldn't stop anyone. The air in South Florida must be thin cause a chimp could coach that offense and that's what Peyton does, he left stopping teams to Williams.

The Saints defense has always given up lots of points - even under Williams. The big difference with Williams was creating turnovers each game by blitzing on like 90% of the plays. The problem is the blitzes can backfire and lead to easy points for the opposing team. However, 1 or 2 turnovers can lead to quick points with the Saints offense. So I still say that losing Payton was much worse..

Ha that quote by Browns149 was pretty silly. "I agree with the idea of NO qb would look good playing for Shurmer. I don't care who's playing QB, the system, playcalling, and utter predictability of Shurmer's crap offense would make Joe Montana look like Colt McCoy." Says no QB would look good playing for Shurmer, yet at the end of the post McCoy (who played for Shurmer...with no offseason to learn Shurmers TERRIBLE offense...and far less talent around him....and a far tougher schedule) was still bad? :rolleyes: sigh....ha the hypocrisy is laughable.

Ha that quote by Browns149 was pretty silly. "I agree with the idea of NO qb would look good playing for Shurmer. I don't care who's playing QB, the system, playcalling, and utter predictability of Shurmer's crap offense would make Joe Montana look like Colt McCoy." Says no QB would look good playing for Shurmer, yet at the end of the post McCoy (who played for Shurmer...with no offseason to learn Shurmers TERRIBLE offense...and far less talent around him....and a far tougher schedule) was still bad? :rolleyes: sigh....ha the hypocrisy is laughable.

You really went out of your way to apologize for Colt there.

Hmmm... maybe one (Wilson) but he is asked to be more of a game manager, while Weeden was asked to carry the offense on his shoulders.

Anyways, Weeden's ceiling could be anywhere from Eli Manning to Ryan Leaf. It's impossible to tell after one season, with young receivers and horrible playcalling. The OP didn't point out any positives like 1) he moves well within the pocket, 2) his arm strength is incredible, just needs to put more touch on short passes, 3) he's a student of the game and watches film religiously, 4) has guts...which I think Shurmur ruined half-way through the season, and 5) is a good leader, according to his teammates.

Carry the team... lol... too bad we did not draft a stud RB... oh wait... we did.

As for the analysis... no... gonna go with hoorta's below...

Yup, Weedster's got a slow release, minimal pocket presence, slow going through his progressions, not great at reading a defense, and like the baseball pitcher he was throws too many uncatchable high fastballs.

Good stuff, hoorta... just got his name wrong. It's "Wheezy".

Bottom line for me...

Wheezy improved in several areas (e.g., ball security, PAP) through the first half of the season, but then at best plateaued in the second half. I actually think he regressed in some areas. Maybe it was coaching; maybe it was his ceiling.

That said Colt way underwhelmed in his one 2012 opportunity. He looked more intent in trying to match Wheezy's arm strength than anything else... thus the number of turf burners. Saddened me that he was hurt for the final game. I would like to have seen where he was after a full week of 1st team prep.

And that that said I now know who Thad is... and he ain't our QB of the future.

As for 2013 Draft QB's... thin to be sure. An early Mock or two have us tabbing Landry Jones in round 3... meh.

One thing I think/ hope is that there will be an open, honest QB competition in the 2013 camp.

Archived