THE BROWNS BOARD

Stan's Vendetta

rich4eagle

Oh Tommy V!!!!!! The 'V' stands for Va Va Voom!!!! and I know from personal experience that you are all man and that you really know how to treat a woman.

Let's just say that you will never be accused of 'thinking' out of the box but, on the other hand, you really know how to put a woman's mustach to good use!

I just get so excited thinking about our date, that fantastic limo ride - not quite sure what that flatulence smell you mentioned because I never caught wiff of it.

And when we danced to Jimmy Sturr's Polka Band, I felt that I was truly dancing among the stars. You hung the moon that night, Tommy, and that is not all that is hung.

Next time you are in town, please give me a call and we can 'wax' poetic about all the good times we shared. Since that night, I have not been able to look at a single man and, it appears, the same can be said about them and me.

God bless and keep practicing those 'ear breathing' exercises. Believe me they will come in handy once again.

Stacia.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just commenting....I don't think all new members should be put on watch.

Some come here to talk about the weeks game, some come here to ask about tailgates, and some want to start a thread to introduce themselves.

Requiring a mandatory watch period will cut down board membership, and I don't think a select group of inner circle members should more or less vote on the popularity of new members.

In my time here, crap flows two ways...I don't have a problem getting rid of the obvious trolls and troublemakers, but I don't think we should just start people out on less than equal footing.

JMO for what it's worth.

Wow. A Steeler fan saying Browns fans don't get it. One is widely known as the most loyal, hardcore fans in the NFL (Browns), and the other is known as the bandwagon, only-follow-their-team-because-they're-winning-which-makes-it-trendy-fake football fans (Steelers). Most steeler fans have no clue what it means to be a football fan. It's not going to someone elses board to brag about your team and pretend they represent you (which is something a shallow frontrunner who only CHOOSES winning teams would do because it's trendy and convenient, obviously) and make yourself feel better by trying to identify the success of one team over another with yourself over another person.

Steeler fans take pride in the winning - that has nothing to do with them, in fact it just shows that they're frontrunners. Where was all the crap about away fans and Steeler "nation" when they were sucking balls in the 1980s? Ask yourself that question.

Browns fans take pride in being...Browns fans. It's totally different fanhood -- it's real.

Maybe someday you'll understand what it is.

What the Freak planet do you LIVE on dude ??? That BS You puke out is ONLY widely know in the Circles of the Cleveland Browns Fanbase....a Former Strong group of Loyal Intelligent Fans . Now Bitter crybabies. HOW FREAKING MNAY NFL announcers and former players have said On a Brodcast This year the Pittsburgh has the Best Fans in Football. Period. YOU are in Fan-freakin-tasia !!!

EXAMPLE !!

In Sports

NFL fan bases ranked, cheeseheads fill No. 2 spot

By Steve Czaban RSS Feed

Special to OnMilwaukee.com

E-mail author | Author bio

More articles by Steve Czaban

Published Jan. 26, 2005 at 5:07 a.m.

Tags: nfl fans, green bay packers, favre, home games, lambeau field, road games, football

Have you ever sat down and started making notes on the various NFL fan bases and tried to rank them according to some sort of coherent criteria? I have. And it wasn't easy.

So here's my list of the best fan bases in the NFL. This is not just home attendance. Not just a national fan base that shows up at bars and road games. Not just knowledge or dedication. All of the above. And weighted. Only I can't even say how. There is no formula. This is purely my opinion. Read it, and get mad.

1. Pittsburgh: For some reason, I just never seem to meet an obnoxious Steelers fan. (I know, there's a guy in your office I need to meet first.) These guys know their current team, they know their history, and they keep it all in pretty good perspective. If I've got to choose one "fan base" to sit down and drink a beer with, the "Stillers" fans get the nod.

2. Green Bay: No doubt Packers fans are insanely dedicated. To sit in Lambeau through the most arctic temps in the league year after year, is amazing. However, something about the Favre-worship bothers me. Not to mention getting married at the stadium. Part of me says to those people: get a life, it is only football. The other part is just jealous.

3. Miami: Whenever I meet a Dolphins fan in another city, the thing that impresses me is that he always has a really good take on what the hell is going on with his team many miles away. Too bad all the bar stool Fish fans from around the country can't get their asses down to Miami every now and then, because the locals can't ever seem to sell out the stadium for an entire season.

4. Dallas: In the city itself, these guys and girls are shameless front runners. There were non-sellouts during the Campo and Gailey regimes -- unacceptable, no matter how bad those guys were. But the Cowboy diehards around the country that have loved the team since Staubach and yet NEVER lived there, are smart and up to date on stuff. Even though some will act like rooting for the team since Aikman qualifies as a long time. I hate to admit it, but the Cowboys truly are "America's Team."

5. Oakland: Flat out, the biggest bunch of jerk fans in the NFL. Not altogether very knowledgeable, rational or employable. They obviously take their cues from the Greaser In Charge, Al Davis. What did you expect? Commitment to Excellence is easily the most pretentious slogan in sports, and their fans quote it as if it were Holy Scripture. Sadly though, like ants at a picnic, Raider fans are everywhere.

6. Cleveland: The city is too damn small, and the franchise without nearly enough past glory to have as many national fans as they do, but few teams pack bars in faraway cities like they do.

EXAMPLE !

NFL's best fans? We gotta hand it to Steelers (barely)

Comment Email Print

Mosley By Matt Mosley

ESPN.com

Archive

Steelers fansRick Stewart/Getty ImagesTerrible towels, diehard fans, smashmouth ball, three head coaches since '69 -- yup, it's a Burgh thing.

The only problem with ranking the NFL's 32 fan bases -- other than the sheer insanity of the exercise -- is that someone must finish last. But let's not focus on the Cardinals right now.

The idea to rank the 32 fan bases was hatched by our Committee on Rankings in Bristol, Conn. With the steadfast belief that everything in sports should be quantified on at least a twice-weekly basis, we were off and running.

A team of eight esteemed bloggers was asked to rank fans over the past five seasons using scientific criteria such as "Tailgate factor" and "How well do they travel?"

When all was said and done, the Pittsburgh Steelers and Green Bay Packers ended up tied for first. But much like the International Gymnastics Federation, we came up with an elaborate tiebreaking process in which Hall of Fame writer John Clayton of ESPN was called upon to keep things above board. Clayton, who grew up in the East Braddock section of Pittsburgh, picked the Steelers, which seems totally fair.

HOW WE RANKED YOU

Yes, there was a method to our madness in ranking NFL teams' fan bases. Five Bristol muckety-mucks sat in a room and hatched the genius idea of having our NFL division bloggers rate fan bases in their divisions over the past five seasons. Mike Sando (NFC West), Matt Mosley (NFC East), Pat Yasinskas (NFC South), Kevin Seifert (NFC North), Bill Williamson (AFC West), Tim Graham (AFC East), Paul Kuharsky (AFC South) and James Walker (AFC North) evaluated their teams in these categories:

• Stadium factor (St.): Loud? Great atmosphere?

• Live and die factor (LDF): Fans take loss hard? (That's a good thing.)

• Traveling road show factor (Travel): Big presence in other guys' stadium?

• Loyalty when team sucks (Loyal): You score points with us if you stick with a loser.

• Hate factor (Hate): Other teams' fans dislike your fans? (Hate is good in our book.)

• Tailgate factor (TG): Home tailgates sizzling or stale?

• Home fans' creativity (CF): Wacky ideas … or not?

A rating of 1 is great, 5 the worst.

After the bloggers' ratings were digested by our Bristol computer, we had several ties. Enter The Professor, John Clayton of ESPN.com. Clayton -- who has covered more NFL games over the past 10 years than almost anyone -- broke all ties.

Think our ranking stinks? Debate it here.

But even without John's gentle nudge, Steelers fans are deserving of the top honor. The decline of the steel industry in the 1970s coincided with the rise of the Steelers dynasty. At a time when the city's collective psyche was taking a major blow, the local football team offered a weekly respite.

A generation of young people left the city to find work elsewhere, but they remained passionate about their hometown team. And that's why your local stadiums are often invaded by a black-and-gold army.

"People save up all year and then plan their vacations around traveling to Steelers games," said native Pittsburgher Bill Hillgrove, a retired local TV icon and the team's radio play-by-play voice the past 15 seasons. "When you arrive at the team hotel, the fans are all waiting in the lobby."

The Steelers of the 1970s pretty much took over the Pro Football Hall of Fame -- a subject you might consider avoiding the next time you bump into Roger Staubach. But a great deal of credit for the Steelers' first-place finish should go to the late Myron Cope, who from his local radio pulpit gave fans a distinctive voice.

In 1995, a group of Steelers fans were roasting a pig in the Three Rivers Stadium parking lot before a game against Jacksonville and thought it would be funny to send the pig's head to Cope in the radio booth. According to Hillgrove, Cope spent much of the game referring to the pig on-air as Jaguars middle linebacker Keith Goganious.

Archived