THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe Thomas

tampadawgs

Joe Thomas who is going to his 6th Pro Bowl is now third on the all time Browns List for most Pro Bowls

Jim Brown 9

Lou Groza 9

Joe Thomas 6

Dick Schafrath 6

Leroy Kelly 6

Gene Hickerson 6

It was a great draft pick if AP was not sitting there for us to take. If AP was not in that draft class. NOBODY WOULD EVER BITCH ABOUT BIG JOE

Everyone bitching about the 07 draft like we took Jamarcus Russell. Chill the fuck out. WE GOT A HALL OF FAMER IN THAT DRAFT.

For sure.

What rich is saying is a very valid point. AP coming out of college had broken his collarbone and ankle? Or something like that. Everyone knew the guy was going to be great if healthy but we decided to go with the safe pick. AP would have been a stronger pick but joe Thomas is a hall of famer. Honestly, looking back I would have taken joe Thomas 10 out of 10 times.

In addition, take Joe Thomas off our line, insert AP into the backfield & what happens? More likely than not he wouldn't be as healthy or productive as he is today. IMHO, Joe was & has been the smart pick.

Mike

I for one will be the first to say that I was pissed when we didnt draft AP. I just didnt know a lot about Thomas. fast forward to now and it was a great pick

Looking back at it you have

2nd pick Megatron- HOF Might end up being best WR in the History in the NFL

3rd pick Joe Thomas could end up with 10 Pro Bowls and HOF

7th pick Peterson- almost 9000 yards rushing, HOF and will end up being a top 5 back in NFL history

12th pick M Lynch 6142 yards 42 TDs STUD

23rd pick D Bowe- What if he had a QB

Thats it for Offense in the draft in 07 that is worth anything. We had no chance at Megatron and Lynch and Bowe would have been a reach with the third pick.....This post is about the morons waqnting us to trade Joe

Who ever says anything bad about this pick doesn't know shit about football. Step away from the keyboard and go play Madden.

exactly! how would AP run behind our line (back then)?

Line play on both sides of the ball is where it all starts!

BTW- did you ever see how much time the line typically gave Weeden to check all

recievers .... and he stilll threw picks???

exactly! how would AP run behind our line (back then)?

Line play on both sides of the ball is where it all starts!

BTW- did you ever see how much time the line typically gave Weeden to check all

recievers .... and he stilll threw picks???

Imagine Brady or Manning with our line and WR for that matter. We would be in the Playoffs. I know he's a rookie, but that excuse will go out the window week 1 next year.

Haslem, please sign Lovie Smith. Everyone on the Bears loved that dude and gave it their all (except for Culter, who is the biggest bitch in the NFL). Hester is thinking about retiring.

Imagine Brady or Manning with our line and WR for that matter. We would be in the Playoffs. I know he's a rookie, but that excuse will go out the window week 1 next year.

Haslem, please sign Lovie Smith. Everyone on the Bears loved that dude and gave it their all (except for Culter, who is the biggest bitch in the NFL). Hester is thinking about retiring.

Smith would be a good choice but he got canned for never being able to produce a legitimate offense and I think we need a guy more offensive minded.

As for Chip Kelly, I'd be surprised if this zone-read whatever the fuck it is thing he does lasts in the NFL for very long and the QBs that run it will last even less.

And why would we even need Chip Kelly if that's the direction they want to go. Any innovative coach can implement parts of the college games offense into their scheme, it's not like it's a system reserved strictly for college coaches to use.

Smith would be a good choice but he got canned for never being able to produce a legitimate offense and I think we need a guy more offensive minded.

As for Chip Kelly, I'd be surprised if this zone-read whatever the fuck it is thing he does lasts in the NFL for very long and the QBs that run it will last even less.

And why would we even need Chip Kelly if that's the direction they want to go. Any innovative coach can implement parts of the college games offense into their scheme, it's not like it's a system reserved strictly for college coaches to use.

zone blocking is used on teams where Shanahan is or was....

He used it in Denver, ( Kubiak probably brought to Houston)

and now in Washington DC. All his RB's had alot of success with it.

Not sure if Kellys creative offense is any different or just a typical hybrid?

I think maybe you are confusing zone read and zone blocking.

Afaik zone read is a spread,option type offense and zone blocking is offensive lineman blocking a designated zone rather than man 2 man.

I'm all for zone blocking, I'm a big fan and yep it turns water into wine as far as running backs are concerned.

Rick Dennison, OC of the Texans is a guy I would think should be a HC candidate but I guess maybe he just isn't HC material.

He worked his way up in Denver under Shannahan,Kubiak and Alex Gibbs.

Steve Hutchinson was a firstteam AllPro G until Kalil was drafted. Minnesota in 2009 had 10 pro bowlers and 4 all-pros, both league highs.

Good teams are always built inside-out, especially today where OL/DL/QB are always the key for winning teams.

If skill players win, the Cowboys would be going for their third straight SB title this year.

LMAO oh yeah, man, the Vikings OL is LOADED with great, HOF type picks. LMAO.

The RB, WRs and QB make the line.

Actually, YES, the Viking OL is Loaded....in fact, their RT is a guy named Loadholt...and he is a load....and outstanding player.

And note....the Vikings used their #3 overall pick on a LT name Ryan Kalil....and he has made a big difference with AP running the ball.

Actually, YES, the Viking OL is Loaded....in fact, their RT is a guy named Loadholt...and he is a load....and outstanding player.

And note....the Vikings used their #3 overall pick on a LT name Ryan Kalil....and he has made a big difference with AP running the ball.

Thanks for pointing that out to Ghoolie regarding the Vikings. Kalil was drafted high first round, their OL is loaded with top performers. You're never going to get it through Ghoolie thick head LT is generally considered the 3rd most important position on the team- because he protects a right handed qb from getting blindsided. Stud LTs get drafted high EVERY freaking year. Like I told Ritchie-poo in another thread- you think Rotlisbooger will last much longer playing behind a crap offensive line? BTW, there goes his argument. Rothlisbooger, Mendenhall, Wallace. All top "skill" players. All sitting at home watching the playoffs. And what's the primary reason for that? The Steeler offensive line sucked. It's the same reason- due to about a bazillion OL injuries, the Eagles stunk it up- even with "skill" Pro Bowlers like Macklin and Lesean McCoy who couldn't do squat. Cost Reid his job, too.

Archived