THE BROWNS BOARD

The Chips And Sabans Are Little Cocked Pansies Of The Football World

Soju

Let me put it to you in another way:

WHO WOULDN'T want an NFL Championship trophy--it is the pinnacle of sports--all of sports.

They are scared of the competition. They are scared of getting exposed. They are content with being the big fish in a very small pond. They are scared of true greatness. The are the Beta males of the football world and we're all laughing at them--all those that can see their fear and true colors and for what they truly are: uncompetitive little faggots.

God Bless the N.F.L.

Let me put it to you in another way:

WHO WOULDN'T want an NFL Championship trophy--it is the pinnacle of sports--all of sports.

They are scared of the competition. They are scared of getting exposed. They are content with being the big fish in a very small pond. They are scared of true greatness. The are the Beta males of the football world and we're all laughing at them--all those that can see their fear and true colors and for what they truly are: uncompetitive little faggots.

God Bless the N.F.L.

Nick Saban has $5.3$ MILLION reasons to laugh at you.

Nick Saban gets 5 of the top 15 players in the country every year. Thats equivalent to five #1 draft picks every year.

He makes 5.3 in salary plus a ton of ancillary income and no salary cap to worry about and he is the "King of Alabama". He answers to the

A.D.(maybe) and school President, both who probably don't want to get him pissed because Saban has real power.."Power of the people"

Why go to the NFL? Where if you don't have a QB your screwed..Unless you think Weeden will be an upper echelon QB why in

God's green earth would you come here..Nick learned from the last experience..IT'S ABOUT THE QB.. He can win at BAMA with a average QB

and none of the headaches that come w/ the life of an NFL Head Coach

Nick Saban gets 5 of the top 15 players in the country every year. Thats equivalent to five #1 draft picks every year.

He makes 5.3 in salary plus a ton of ancillary income and no salary cap to worry about and he is the "King of Alabama". He answers to the

A.D.(maybe) and school President, both who probably don't want to get him pissed because Saban has real power.."Power of the people"

Why go to the NFL? Where if you don't have a QB your screwed..Unless you think Weeden will be an upper echelon QB why in

God's green earth would you come here..Nick learned from the last experience..IT'S ABOUT THE QB.. He can win at BAMA with a average QB

+1

Saban makes $5 million+ and his players can't have someone buy them an $8 lunch. Major fear factor--he can yank their scholarship at the drop of a hat. He is Lord of All He Surveys. He has 5 star players beating down his door to play at Alabama--I mean, seriously--how difficult do you think recruiting is for Saban? And then how many top 5 draft picks are sitting at home thinking "Please God, let me be drafted by Cleveland". He would be CRAZY to leave 'Bama for the North Shore. Can you imagine THAT conversation with Mrs. Saban? "Honey, pack your shit--we're leaving our personal

Garden of Eden for a cold-ass city who last had a winner before most of my players here were even born."

As far as seeking a bigger challenge, again, honestly?! "I make $5 million a year, every car dealer in the state wants

to give me a new car, my ass is chapped from it being kissed so much, my football team is a fucking national wrecking ball,

I'm 61 years old, but you know what I need? To go to an organization that is an absolute mess in order to make my mark."

I love the Browns, I have many faults, but I'm not delusional. Saban isn't going anywhere. Much less to Cleveland.

If the Browns want to land a big name coach they are going to have to overpay, i.e. out-do the Jerry Jones and Synder's of the NFL. A big name coach doesn't garuantee victory...as I can reference the last time either Dallas or Washington won a play-off game. I won't get all hung up over Chip Kelly and Nick Saban, just hope your owner picks the right guy for your team, and the right guy might not win immediately. Sometimes you got to be patient and put the pieces in place, aka the Houston Texans (though that's not something most Brown's fans want to hear).

If the Browns want to land a big name coach they are going to have to overpay, i.e. out-do the Jerry Jones and Synder's of the NFL. A big name coach doesn't garuantee victory...as I can reference the last time either Dallas or Washington won a play-off game. I won't get all hung up over Chip Kelly and Nick Saban, just hope your owner picks the right guy for your team, and the right guy might not win immediately. Sometimes you got to be patient and put the pieces in place, aka the Houston Texans (though that's not something most Brown's fans want to hear).

I'm certain Haslam is more than willing to overpay. Not sure he's going to find a big name willing to step in and fix the train wreck at any price. We need a guy with Kelly's innovation with the fire to come in and tell Haslam "I can do it, and here's how & why".

only when the NCAA starts sniiffing around alabama and their recruiting practices etc. will saban ho to the NFL, just like carroll did. i think the only reason kelly didn't jump is that the sanctions that are coming his way aren't that bad.

but i guarantee you if the ncaa ever dug deep into alabama and what and how they do it............saban will be on the first plane to NFLville.

BUT the ncaa won't do that because alabama has soooo much money going to the ncaa and their top officials not only from tv revenues but by the boosters who are constsantly blowing them under the table.

fuck chip kely and nick saban.

I'm certain Haslam is more than willing to overpay. Not sure he's going to find a big name willing to step in and fix the train wreck at any price. We need a guy with Kelly's innovation with the fire to come in and tell Haslam "I can do it, and here's how & why".

I think you can get Cowher for $10M/yr...not sure he would step out of the booth for less. I'm not sure how motivated he is to coach again really. For that matter, I think John Gruden probably would consider $10M/yr as well. There's two huge names and $10M per year busts open top college coaching contracts and probably begins attacting guys like Saban/Kelly back to the NFL once an owner opens that flood-gate.

Also, there's Brian Billick. Personally, I think he's more motivated than either Cowher or Gruden and Billick knows the AFC North. He was supposed to be an Offensive genius yet you could say he failed in that department spectacularly and that really is his motivation. All these years on the sidelines, he wants to prove he is great and that Baltimore's great defense was not only his doing, but he has a great offense left in him (kind of like a modern day Dick Vermiel). Billick will come alot cheaper btw and won't get the other 31 owners PO'ed at Haslam for breaking the coaching salaries wide open.

I don't think the Browns need innovation. I think the Browns need stability and direction. You guys change coaches and GMs like you change hats. You need someone with a plan, who gets you the parts to make the plan work. You need an owner who believes in the plan and does what is necessary to see it to fruition. No gimmicks. No flash in the pan crap. Line up, hit your rivals in the face kind of stuff. Pretty simple.

Also, there's Brian Billick. Personally, I think he's more motivated than either Cowher or Gruden and Billick knows the AFC North. He was supposed to be an Offensive genius yet you could say he failed in that department spectacularly and that really is his motivation. All these years on the sidelines, he wants to prove he is great and that Baltimore's great defense was not only his doing, but he has a great offense left in him (kind of like a modern day Dick Vermiel). Billick will come alot cheaper btw and won't get the other 31 owners PO'ed at Haslam for breaking the coaching salaries wide open.

Billick has said numerous times that his coaching days are over. I just heard him today say that teams are looking for young and cheap and he's neither of those things.

Gruden is the only former coach, working in TV, that I think would make the switch to go back to the sidelines and that's only because he's still fairly young. Billick, Cowher, Mariucci...those guys aren't that young anymore and have to be enjoying a pretty good life these days. I heard Billick say before in an interview..he is still in an NFL stadium on Sunday, the difference is that he doesn't win or lose and he also gets to go home and spend the next 4 days after the game at home with his familiy before going back to work. Pretty good gig and I would think awfully hard to pass up for the 18 hour days of an NFL head coach.

Because the original poster is right about this much: College football is STILL the minor leagues. It is NOT the pinnacle of the profession. The NFL is.

Yes, some people are a better fit for college...Joe Paterno say.

But it still seems to me that a Type A personality like Saban, and others, can eat their stomachs out over the fact they have not performed or succeeded in "The Big Leagues".

If winning at the minor leagues is what he wants, OK.

Some guys, like Larry Kehres, are comfortable at the Division III level and do well.

Its still minor league.

I think any team would have to 'overpay' for a "big name coach".

Do you really think Gruden say or some such guy would take LESS money to be in New York or Chicago than he would in Cleveland?

Hardly.

Those who think 'Bamas going to get sanctioned? Saban's track record is so high he can turn away 1\2 of the Blue-Chip HS kids who want to play for the Tide.

And to Gip- minor league- is debatable, & even if, so what? You're going to tell me Bear Bryant and Woody Hays rep is one iota less because they never coached in the Pros? BS.

Those who think 'Bamas going to get sanctioned? Sabans rep is probably so high right now he's turning away Blue-Chip HS kids who want to plya for the Tide.

And to Gip- minor league, so what? You're going to tell me Bear Bryant and Woody Hays rep is one iota less because they never coached in the Pros? BS.

No, I am just saying that no matter which way you look at it, College football is NOT the pinnacle of the football universe.

Its just that unlike baseball and hockey, college football and basketball have this other massive tradition going for them.

Nevertheless....Even Ohio State/Michigan is tantamount to the Tolede Mudhens vs. the Columbus Clippers...in terms of the ultimate in talent level at which the game is played.

For a movie Ref did you guys ever see Marjorie Morningstar?

Gene Kelly produces extremely successful musicals at a Catskills Resort. She'll talk him into going to Broadway were he's unhappy and falls on his ass.

Just saying.

And as for the money, I'd bet most of these guys have a pretty big ego.

Possibly even be self doubt that usually accompanies said big ego.

So anyone who has enough money to live well for 1000 years probably shouldn't or couldn't be swayed to a less desirable job for more money.

Remember in the NFL you are considered a failure if you don't win a Superbowl.

WSS

Billick has said numerous times that his coaching days are over. I just heard him today say that teams are looking for young and cheap and he's neither of those things.

Billick must say multiple things then. He was on Pittsburgh radio during the 2012 season discussing how he would like to coach again one day.

I think any team would have to 'overpay' for a "big name coach".

Do you really think Gruden say or some such guy would take LESS money to be in New York or Chicago than he would in Cleveland?

Hardly.

I don't think New York or Chicago are willing to set the bar for a big name coach at this time. Dallas and Washington tend to be the teams that set the top coaching salaries. If Cleveland wants the top coach names they need to set/break the bar and become the first team to make a $10M/yr coach. You'll have your pick of who you want. Other teams will follow suit eventually. Many owners will be PO'ed that the bar was raised so high.

I don't think New York or Chicago are willing to set the bar for a big name coach at this time. Dallas and Washington tend to be the teams that set the top coaching salaries. If Cleveland wants the top coach names they need to set/break the bar and become the first team to make a $10M/yr coach. You'll have your pick of who you want. Other teams will follow suit eventually. Many owners will be PO'ed that the bar was raised so high.

Well, its like baseball free agency. You might get some owner to pay a ridiculous price to get a particular FA even though that price if far, far above what should be the market value.

All I am saying is that a Cowher or Gruden or Saban or whomever I do not believe says to themselves: "Hmm, I will take only 4 million to coach in NY or Dallas or Charlotte...BUT if I am asked to coach in Detroit, Cleveland, Buffalo, Kansas City, Pittsburgh or Cincinnati I won't go for less than 10 million". Balderdash.

But I think you are right to this point: An owner's ego may dictate to him how much he is willing to pay. A Dan Snyder/Jerry Jones/Bud Adams etc., guys with big ego may tend to overpay....because of the ego, not their locale.

Honestly, we don't know if JH is one of those guys or not. To this point he seems a bit more grounded.

Archived