THE BROWNS BOARD

Chud Hire Means We Are Going After Ej Manuel

brownfish

Well Schefter is reporting that Chud is targeting Pagano out of SD as the DC. Also said something about running a hybrid D, showing multiple fronts. Don't know much about Pagano, but his D last year was ranked 24th?

24th? According to who?

San Diego's D finished ranked:

9th Total Yds/Gm allowed

18th Pass Yds/Gm allowed

6th Rush Yds/Gm allowed

16th Pts/Gm allowed

All categories better than the Browns last year.

I disagree. He is about the same size as Raven's DE Haloti Ngata, they both turn out similar 40 times, and from watching Phil, he is fairly athletic. Just my opinion though.

Haloti is a one of kind athlete that can play both technics much like Justin Smith in SF. Taylor is very talented but not at there level, both are sure fire HOFers.

I haven't watched that much Notre Dame football- and maybe it was just a horrible game, but Teo absolutely stunk in the National Championship game. It wasn't just missing tackles that concerned me, it was constantly being out of position on pass plays, and an inability to shed blocks. Frankly, 'Bamas center, Barret Jones who will also go first round destroyed him.

Seriously, I was asking myself- "How in the hell did this guy win the Butkus award?" Plus it looks like Teo is an ILB, and that's a lot lower on the Browns priority list.

That game was not indicative of Manti's ability it was probable the worst game ive ever watched him play and ive watched most. Granted some will say he faced the stiffest competition and in the biggest game of his career and didnt show up, but i think most draftniks still believe he is a very safe pick as being a great LB. How good is the question personally? I think he'll be compared with the Urlachers, Lewis's, but i am a homer. Is he worth taking as high as 6, i'm not sure about that, amybe you trade down a few spots and get him. What i do know is i want a safe pick for our first rounder, we can ill afford to miss on that one. Wether that be a sure fire interior linemen, shutdown corner, or a great LB i don't care as long as its a safe pick and the player contributes highly for years to come. I think drafting a pass rusher in the first round is a HUGE gamble this team cannot afford to take.

1357879535[/url]' post='322151']

I'm usually pretty negative...even my Mommas mashed potatoes can be lumpy at times...but i'm pretty excited about this hire, and the potential of getting EJ and Chud together...damn, this is going to be a great Year. I'm torn between letting Dawson go, but the Browns need stars of the past that kids can look up to...10 years from now i want to see Dawsons name hanging next to Grozas. He can kick for another 3-5 years...we have cap space. We need to pick up 2 great cover corners a couple of studs on D an awesome punter and EJ and hell we are stacked!!! ok, maybe one other key...a hall of fame fullback and we can say Dynasty!!!!

Browns 2015 Super Bowl!!!

I watched every FSU game this year, and if we get EJ Manuel we are screwed! He is terrible!! I'd prefer keeping who we have then get him.

No he doesnt, he's not nearly fast enough. He is however a prototypical NT in the 3-4 but we already have that in Rubin and we know hes good at it. Winn fits a DE in the 3-4 perfect and he played that positon at Boise. Mark my workds we're gonaa run a hybrid D. its done alot these days, Carolina runs it, Arizona runs it, Bmore runs it, Denver, NE, Jets. thats just the teams i can think of.

Panther's D sucks. That's the main reason why they haven't won more games.

Archived