THE BROWNS BOARD

Reducing Gun Violence

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't judge because I haven't seen the evidence. Unlike you obviously.

Yes you have that opinion when its convienent. Aren't you the same guy who claimed to loudly say "you're welcome" when you see somebody using an e.b.t. card? Way to not stand in judgement before seeing all the facts.

Yes you have that opinion when its convienent. Aren't you the same guy who claimed to loudly say "you're welcome" when you see somebody using an e.b.t. card? Way to not stand in judgement before seeing all the facts.

I don't have a clue wtf you're talking about.

The story makes no sense. I'd like to hear it from both sides. Of course, that isn't what heckbunker is about. He

is all propaganda to his lefty side.

But the story? As it is told by ....heckbunker LOL, the vet had no right to shoot anything, only if the car occupants had

broken into his house would he have a legit beef. That is what Castle Laws are for.

It isn't "Lawn and Driveway Laws" for a reason.

But as usual, heckbunker takes one incident, out of millions of gun owners, to discredit.....

all gun owners. It's what the left does. We should probly' start posting all the incidents of people's lives

being saved because they had a firearm on hand, and were quite mentally balanced and all, and used it legitimately.

There has to be more to the story. You know, the part that wasn't cherry picked by a lefty wingnut extremist bedwetter....

The story makes no sense. I'd like to hear it from both sides. Of course, that isn't what heckbunker is about. He

is all propaganda to his lefty side.

But the story? As it is told by ....heckbunker LOL, the vet had no right to shoot anything, only if the car occupants had

broken into his house would he have a legit beef. That is what Castle Laws are for.

It isn't "Lawn and Driveway Laws" for a reason.

But as usual, heckbunker takes one incident, out of millions of gun owners, to discredit.....

all gun owners. It's what the left does. We should probly' start posting all the incidents of people's lives

being saved because they had a firearm on hand, and were quite mentally balanced and all, and used it legitimately.

There has to be more to the story. You know, the part that wasn't cherry picked by a lefty wingnut extremist bedwetter....

Please by all means post as many of those stories as possible. It won't be anywhere close to the number of innapropriate death stories though. Sorry to burst your crazy bubble.

After years of absorbing all the impotent, paranoid rage from the old gun toters in here and I'm surprised stuff like this doesn't happen more often. That's how you get from "car full of Latinos pulls into wrong driveway" to "I'm about to be home invaded by Latinos so I better run out on my lawn and shoot them first."

After years of absorbing all the impotent, paranoid rage from the old gun toters in here and I'm surprised stuff like this doesn't happen more often. That's how you get from "car full of Latinos pulls into wrong driveway" to "I'm about to be home invaded by Latinos so I better run out on my lawn and shoot them first."

Oh yea. I sit in my rocking chair just waiting for them to show up. Got my ear horn and spectacles on.

At least three people were shot at an office complex in Phoenix on Wednesday, police there said, and a manhunt for the shooter is under way.

Witnesses said they heard as many as 10 gunshots fired.

According to Sgt. Tommy Thompson, the building was evacuated and the suspect fled the scene. The shooting—which occurred in the building's lobby—does not appear to be a random act, he noted, though he would not say if the suspect knew the victims.

Three victims were transferred to John C. Lincoln Hospital with gunshot wounds, said Thompson. Their conditions were not immediately known, but according to Phoenix's NBC affiliate, one was in "extremely critical condition."

At least three other people were transported to the hospital with minor injuries related to the shooting.

A SWAT team began canvasing a neighborhood in search of the suspected shooter described by Thompson as an "older" white male, possibly in his 60s.

“At this point we don’t believe he is in the area,” Thompson said. “This doesn’t appear to be a random type of incident.”

And in other news today:

According to an official in the Dale County, Ala. sheriff’s department, the man who took a child hostage after shooting a bus driver on Tuesday is a “survivalist” with “anti-America” views.

“His friends and his neighbors stated that he did not trust the government, that he was a Vietnam vet, and that he had PTSD,” Tim Byrd, chief investigator with the Dale County Sheriff’s Department, told The Southern Poverty Law Center’s Hatewatch blog on Wednesday. “He was standoffish, didn’t socialize or have any contact with anybody. He was a survivalist type.”

Authorities first responded after receiving a call of a shooting in Midland City, Ala. involving a Dale County school bus at 3:36 p.m. local time on Tuesday. Authorities later said the bus driver had died and that a child was involved in what they described as an “ongoing incident.” They identified the bus driver as Charles Albert Poland Jr., who had worked for Dale County since 2009.

Authorities have not, however, officially confirmed the hostage situation or the name of the suspect, which has widely been reported as Jimmy Lee Dykes. Dykes reportedly boarded the bus on Tuesday and shot Poland several times, then took a 6-year-old boy from the bus to a bunker near Dykes’ home, where they have remained.

According to al.com, authorities have been negotiating with Dykes through a PVC pipe leading into the bunker. The 6-year-old boy is reportedly autistic, and requires medication, which has been delivered. Dykes reportedly has no ties to the boy. Sources also told al.com that Dykes is looking for attention to “air his grievances.”

Dykes’ motives remain unclear. Al.com reported that Dykes was charged with menacing in December, after pointing a gun at a neighbor. Dykes was scheduled to have a bench trial related to the charge on Wednesday.

Michael Creel, Dykes’ neighbor, told The Dothan Eagle he went outside Tuesday after his sister heard gun shots, and Creel then attempted to run Dykes down.

“He’s 67 years old, so I figured I could catch him,” Creel told the paper. “Apparently he didn’t go through the field like I thought. He’s got a four-foot-wide, about six-foot-long, eight-foot-deep homemade bomb shelter. It’s got about three to four feet of sand on top of it. If you didn’t know it was there, you wouldn’t (notice it).”

Yeah, lots of liberal survivalists with bomb shelters who hate the government down in Alabama.

Anyhoo...

Check this out. From a DHS study of 29 mass shootings:

The basic pattern found by the New Jersey DHS fusion center, and obtained by Public Intelligence(.PDF), is one of a killer who lashes out at his co-workers. Thirteen out of the 29 observed cases "occurred at the workplace and were conducted by either a former employee or relative of an employee," the November report finds. His "weapon of choice" is a semiautomatic handgun, rather than the rifles that garnered so much attention after Newtown. The infamous Columbine school slaying of 1999 is the only case in which killers worked in teams: they’re almost always solo acts — and one-off affairs. In every single one of them, the killer was male, between the age of 17 and 49.

Yes, they were male. I said that already. Wasn't it a .22 rifle that the nut killed his mother and brother with?

DHS? Figures you are all about them.

Did they happen to mention how many of them were on various forms of prozac? No? Fancy that.

So those murders didn't fit their pattern. Newtown didn't. Columbine didn't.

13 out of 29 isn't even half.

But thanks for another worthless, cherry picked post to keep your thread going.

Obviously, that tiny victory is the only one you will get very often on this board,

but it makes you happy, whatever. It's still a pointless and boring post.

The NRA now says they're even against universal background checks, a policy they were recently for. But now they don't want those changes made either.

Public support for universal background checks is extremely high, possibly even at 92 percent, per a recent CBS News/New York Times poll. Other polls have put it at 89% and 85%. It's even got strong majority support among NRA members - 75% of NRA members polled want universal background checks.

This is about as bipartisan as any issue gets. It'll be amazing if Congress can't translate that into an actual law.

The NRA now says they're even against universal background checks, a policy they were recently for. But now they don't want those changes made either.

Public support for universal background checks is extremely high, possibly even at 92 percent, per a recent CBS News/New York Times poll. Other polls have put it at 89% and 85%. It's even got strong majority support among NRA members - 75% of NRA members polled want universal background checks.

This is about as bipartisan as any issue gets. It'll be amazing if Congress can't translate that into an actual law.

The NRA is scum. They're a political organization bitter about their recent very expensive loss. Human life means nothing to the brass, to a piece of crap like Wayne LaPierre. He could give a shit less about American kids. This isnt about rights to them. The second amendment isn't going anywhere. This is about sticking it to the liberal commie marxists. This is a dream scenario for them. They go from huge political loser to "defender of rights"

But they overestimate their strength. The American people are sick of them. They failed to get mittens elected, and their power is waning. Sure there's plenty of loud wingnuts like cal willing to throw in with them, but the majority of people are tired of the violence.

If the American people want gun control there will be gun control. That's called democracy and its what they pretend to care about. What happens when they lose? Suddenly they don't love democracy so much anymore?

Their influence is still strong, but I agree it's probably on the wane and every time they speak they do the opposite of helping themselves. I'm all for more Wayne Lapierre in public.

But I don't think there's anything wrong with being a political organization, especially one devoted to defending Constitutional rights. The NRA and the ACLU are basically doing the same thing but with different amendments. Their supporters probably wouldn't like to admit that, but they are.

The problem with the NRA is that they've really become a front for the gun manufacturers. Their thrust doesn't seem to be to protect the 2nd Amendment so much as to sell guns, and lots of them. If you look at any public position they take, it's always consistent with telling people to buy more guns.

Obama's elected? You need to buy more guns.

Obama's re-elected? Maybe he didn't come for the guns last time, but he will now, so buy more guns.

School shooting? They're going to come for your guns, so you better buy more now.

What do we need instead? Armed guards in every school.

Or take a look at their recent reversal on background checks. They used to think that was a good idea. But hey, that would keep some people from buying more guns! So now they're not.

If they cared about protecting rights or defending their good name they would act like they're willing to compromise on their position. Armed guards in every school? It's a bad joke, and Diehard says I want to live in a police state. They want to censor tv and video games. Ok, fine, but isn't that infringing on the first amendment? What of that? 1st > 2nd but they don't seem to give a shit about that right.

Ugh. Way to go, Wayne. You dick.

The NRA is scum. They're a political organization bitter about their recent very expensive loss. Human life means nothing to the brass, to a piece of crap like Wayne LaPierre. He could give a shit less about American kids. This isnt about rights to them. The second amendment isn't going anywhere. This is about sticking it to the liberal commie marxists. This is a dream scenario for them. They go from huge political loser to "defender of rights"

But they overestimate their strength. The American people are sick of them. They failed to get mittens elected, and their power is waning. Sure there's plenty of loud wingnuts like cal willing to throw in with them, but the majority of people are tired of the violence.

If the American people want gun control there will be gun control. That's called democracy and its what they pretend to care about. What happens when they lose? Suddenly they don't love democracy so much anymore?

Sure, he doesn't care about kids. Yep, that's got to be it.

You are a scary guy. You don't have a clue about this country. We aren't a democracy. If we were, blacks might still be slaves. Women might still not be able to vote.

We are a democratic republic of independent states if you really care to know.

Go work on that for a while.

I don't always waste my time reading boards like this. Here is one of my favored sites where I can actually learn a little something. Maybe you and or any of the others will find it as informative as I.

http://constitution.org/c5/index.php

Sure, he doesn't care about kids. Yep, that's got to be it.

You are a scary guy. You don't have a clue about this country. We aren't a democracy. If we were, blacks might still be slaves. Women might still not be able to vote.

We are a democratic republic of independent states if you really care to know.

Go work on that for a while.

How would you like to try and justify the NRA taking a shit on the first amendment in order to defend the second?

Change the subject all you want......go away.

Start reading the provided link, then come back in a few years and talk to me. You don't even know what form of government we have, so don't begin to talk to me or others about amendments and who's shitting on what.

Change the subject all you want......go away.

Start reading the provided link, then come back in a few years and talk to me. You don't even know what form of government we have, so don't begin to talk to me or others about amendments and who's shitting on what.

No answer, eh?

Whatever helps you sleep at night. The people elect their representatives. That means the people still have the ultimate say on the issues. What tyranny is the second amendment trying to protect against if the people don't have the ultimate say?

"A government of the people for the people"

Cysko, your irrational venting act is getting old.

You don't have any kind of clue. And you don't really care for crap.

I don't mind expanded background checks, until you lefty anti gunners want

to have background checks for ...everything. Leaving an old shotgun to a trusted son or daughter.

It's none of your stupid ass business, anti gunners. So consider a moment, and look in the mirror

when you say all your stupid crap.

"Universal background" checks have lost their original meaning. Now, it's just a "foot in the door"

to leveraging any kind of attack on a class of people that aren't like you, and that you don't like.

Universal background checks, is now a gigantic diversion from any kind of genuine solution to the problem.

You lefties lost the support of the NRA and millions of Americans, because they see through your emotionalistic

garbage politics. I'm glad the NRA changed their position. Because "uniserval background checks" require

registration ! And that requires the lefty gov to know where ever single gun is, all the time! Which means, they will

tax the crap out of them, put red tape into the process of owning them, continuing to own them, and harassment like

the posting of names in a local left owned media. You are stinking up this board with your antagonistic whining. Give it a rest already.

Just once, listen to how you are not even in the common sense world.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/ex-nra-chief-explains-gun-check-shift-87059.html

Archived