THE BROWNS BOARD

Haslem Wants A Splash?

Represent

Are we as fans so fucked up to hate the steelers that we wouldn't even CONSIDER the thought of offering James Harrison a contract at his "Worth" 10+ Million

I'll be the bad guy i guess and break the unwritten rule.... I want Harrison next to DQ in the 3-4 this year, sorry if it offends anyone but it's one hell of a fucking ballsy move and it benefits the Browns so what i am asking is.....

They wont Franchise him and they Can't financially afford him sooooo do we or don't we DISCUSS!!!!

Are we as fans so fucked up to hate the steelers that we wouldn't even CONSIDER the thought of offering James Harrison a contract at his "Worth" 10+ Million

I'll be the bad guy i guess and break the unwritten rule.... I want Harrison next to DQ in the 3-4 this year, sorry if it offends anyone but it's one hell of a fucking ballsy move and it benefits the Browns so what i am asking is.....

They wont Franchise him and they Can't financially afford him sooooo do we or don't we DISCUSS!!!!

#1 you aren't a bad guy for bringing up any discussion, even though it is about one of browns fan's most hated players. and i tread lightly with the word hate. i don't hate harrison(i just think he's a cheater...roids...and a dirty player). i really don't have hate for anyone personally in my life. hate is used for killers, rapists, molesters and human/child/animal abusers.

yeah harrison WAS a dominate physical defender. key word WAS. he'll be asking for a lot of money in the last years of his now injury riddled career.

respectfully....FUCK NO!!

I wouldn't mind having an ass of Harrison's caliber in the team if he can make us win games.

I don't respect him as a player (I don't know the man so I can't express myself) but I wouldn't have any problem in seeing him making vicious tackle on Big Ben.

But I very much doubt Harrison will be the dominant player we know for long.

While I certainly would consider a player of Harrisons caliber playing for the Browns, his asking price

is WAY too much. 5 years ago? Absolutely. Now, he's on the downside of his career and looking for one

last huge payday. Although it would be in line with a Cleveland tradition of signing once great players

based on name recognition--Shaq, anyone?

Your basically getting a guy with anger issues, who thinks his shit smells like roses, who's production started falling off two years ago, and who also spends millions of dollars on shit every year just to keep his body together. I'd take him for near league minimum, 2 million a year at most. By the time he got here he would be a roid raging David Bowens. He would have one or two great games but then more than likely fall off the radar until he head hunted someone.

ROTFLMFAO 10 million dollars a year for a 35 year old linebacker? Who are you his agent?

There were reasons that the Steelers were average this year....and among those reasons is that their defense had starting getting long in the tooth...despite their #1 rank.

Harrison had to change his style of play or else get fined out of existance. When he could no longer use his head as a weapon....he was not nearly as effective.

Let's just use that old familiar term when discussing him: he has diminshing skills.

Browns need LBs....but getting a Jarvis Jones or the like is the way I think this team needs to go. (and maybe even take another LB in the later rounds)

There were reasons that the Steelers were average this year....and among those reasons is that their defense had starting getting long in the tooth...despite their #1 rank.

Harrison had to change his style of play or else get fined out of existance. When he could no longer use his head as a weapon....he was not nearly as effective.

Let's just use that old familiar term when discussing him: he has diminshing skills.

Browns need LBs....but getting a Jarvis Jones or the like is the way I think this team needs to go. (and maybe even take another LB in the later rounds)

Harrison wasn't starting to get "healthy" until the final 4 or 5 games of the season and even then he was saying he wasn't 100%. Key players on defense just weren't avoiding the injury bug. Harrison, Polamalu, Woodley, Ike Taylor all missed significant time or if they came back they weren't 100%. I also anticipate Harrison taking a substantial hometown discount to stay in Pittsburgh, otherwise he'll retire. I can tell you the guy will never play for the Browns unless you're going to offer him an OUTLANDISH amount of money and he's not worth an outlandish amount of money at this stage in his career. We had a putrid pass rush this year because Harrison wasn't 100% and Woodley continued to tweak his hamstring. The defensive front seven is full of youth. Harrison/Worilds behind him. On the d-line there is Ta'amu, McLendon, Heyward, Hood and they signed another guy from Seattle. I can't remember his name. I'm tired of hearing about the "long in the tooth" state of the Steeler defense. They've been drafting to replace the old guys for like 4 years now. It's a flawed and bogus argument. The only position of concern is safety.

Harrison wasn't starting to get "healthy" until the final 4 or 5 games of the season and even then he was saying he wasn't 100%. Key players on defense just weren't avoiding the injury bug. Harrison, Polamalu, Woodley, Ike Taylor all missed significant time or if they came back they weren't 100%.

Interpretation: these emeffers are getting old.

I also anticipate Harrison taking a substantial hometown discount to stay in Pittsburgh, otherwise he'll retire.

His "hometown" is Coventry Twp, Ohio. He went to HS about 3 miles from where I sit.

I can tell you the guy will never play for the Browns unless you're going to offer him an OUTLANDISH amount of money and he's not worth an outlandish amount of money at this stage in his career.

No shit Sherlock? I bet if he wants to still play, he will play for the top bidder, outlandish or not, Browns or not.

We had a putrid pass rush this year because Harrison wasn't 100% and Woodley continued to tweak his hamstring. The defensive front seven is full of youth. Harrison/Worilds behind him. On the d-line there is Ta'amu, McLendon, Heyward, Hood and they signed another guy from Seattle. I can't remember his name. I'm tired of hearing about the "long in the tooth" state of the Steeler defense.

Have you bothered to look at the ages of your prime players. Yea, there is some youth mixed in with the age...but there is still a lot of age on your top name performers.

They've been drafting to replace the old guys for like 4 years now. It's a flawed and bogus argument. The only position of concern is safety.

Sure, every team drafts to replace the old guys. But you know my position about your defense...it is the oldest guy that is the most important.

Meh, he's old and a cheater. Cribbs and the Dawgs would have the soap and socks ready to fly. He's a bum. An old bum at that.

I get where you're coming from though as I would love a dominant LB like a Matthews or an Urlacher... just not Harrison, too much bad blood and Steelers taint, same goes for Coward.

Neither Harrison nor Urlacher should never be a Brown.

If Haslam wants to "make a splash" in FA, how about signing a decent CB and LB in FA.

LB FA's I like: Philip Wheeler, OAK; Anthony Spencer, DAL; Daryl Smith, JAC;

CB FA's I like: Keenan Lewis, PIT; Sean Smith, MIA

Others: Danario Alexander, SD; Michael Bennett, TB; Jairus Byrd, BUF; Kenny Phillips, NYG

I didn't mean a literal translation of "hometown" I meant his current football home which is Pittsburgh, PA. He'd likely take less money to stay a Steeler. I'd see him retiring otherwise. You can think what you want about the defense. I certainly didn't think it was the best in the league last season and one of the better if not the best performers is 26 years old and that was Keenan Lewis a player I certainly hope they resign. Oh and yes I absolutely looked at the teams "prime player" two of the best players on defense this season were well under 30. Lewis who I already mentioned and Timmons. Harrison, Keisel, Hampton, Polamalu and Clark are old. Clark still has plenty in the tank. Polamalu the same if he can stay healthy and I don't believe his injuries have anything to do with him being north of 30 outside of potential concussions. Harrison has Worilds behind him (I also expect them to draft another OLB) and Hampton had 3 young guys behind him in Ta'amu, McClendon and Hebron Fangupo. Ziggy Hood has been pretty marginal but Cameron Heyward when he's played has been good to great. The only position that doesn't have a bunch of capable depth is safety but they still have Will Allen and Robert Golden as well as Ryan Mundy. There is youth behind each and every veteran on this team on the defensive side of the ball. I'm kind of tired of reading otherwise. You continue to mention it and you take plenty of time to post other things on this site. Breakdown the roster so you can see for yourself or stop saying it.

we remain the dumbest fricking fans and the planet and most posts affirm that sad to say

some things change Browns neuvo fans continue to be dumbest football mofos ever in the world

and that is what it is

we remain the dumbest fricking fans and the planet and most posts affirm that sad to say

some things change Browns neuvo fans continue to be dumbest football mofos ever in the world

and that is what it is

That's pretty ironic coming from one of the dumbest Browns fans I've ever encountered.

I didn't mean a literal translation of "hometown" I meant his current football home which is Pittsburgh, PA.

I knew what you meant. I was just yanking your pubic hair.

He'd likely take less money to stay a Steeler. I'd see him retiring otherwise.

And that is fine with me. In my opinion he should retire a Steeler. Unfortunately, I believe if he went elsewhere he would just become a sad shell of his former self, like Joe Namath in a Rams uniform.

You can think what you want about the defense.

I know I can. I can think what I want about any matter under the sun.

I certainly didn't think it was the best in the league last season and one of the better if not the best performers is 26 years old and that was Keenan Lewis a player I certainly hope they resign. Oh and yes I absolutely looked at the teams "prime player" two of the best players on defense this season were well under 30. Lewis who I already mentioned and Timmons. Harrison, Keisel, Hampton, Polamalu and Clark are old. Clark still has plenty in the tank. Polamalu the same if he can stay healthy and I don't believe his injuries have anything to do with him being north of 30 outside of potential concussions. Harrison has Worilds behind him (I also expect them to draft another OLB) and Hampton had 3 young guys behind him in Ta'amu, McClendon and Hebron Fangupo. Ziggy Hood has been pretty marginal but Cameron Heyward when he's played has been good to great. The only position that doesn't have a bunch of capable depth is safety but they still have Will Allen and Robert Golden as well as Ryan Mundy. There is youth behind each and every veteran on this team on the defensive side of the ball. I'm kind of tired of reading otherwise. You continue to mention it and you take plenty of time to post other things on this site. Breakdown the roster so you can see for yourself or stop saying it.

Every team is some mixture of veteran and youth. The question is how much of a mix? Far more older veterans are mixed into the Steelers defense than say, the Browns defense....or many other team's defenses. I would have to check but I think the only starter on the Browns defense last year over 30 was Sheldon Brown. I am not sure how old Gocong is....but he was out all last year, and really has little more than a backup role here in the future, if he is here at all.

Archived