THE BROWNS BOARD

Could Lombardi Bring In Jamarcus Russell?

bonedawg

i understand that lumbergh is an old mainstay on this forum, like an old coffee table.

he doesn't speak bullshit if you ask me....

the disturbing thing about his recent posts is his avatar. i mean what is that pic? the principle from 'the breakfast club' holding a huge dildo?

Why on earth would he [Flacco] want to leave a SB team to come to the Browns, unless the Browns offer him Franchise money +?

My .02 is if Chud doesn't think Weeden is the answer, I'd go after Alex Smith. He'll come a damnsite cheaper, and the dropoff in talent isn't worth the extra $5-7 million.

Flacco will want to cash in, especially if he wins the Super Bowl. Top QBs/Super Bowl winning QBs will want around $10M/yr when they hit free agency. Sure Alex Smith will be cheaper and sure paying big bucks to a free agent can be risky. The Browns have been cellar dwellers for the most part since they returned to the league. Every now and then you have to take a risk, and make a big splash. It shows the fan base you care about winning. Do you really want to be the Pittsburgh Pirates of football?

Ray Lewis got in because he said he's retiring after the season and he's Ray Lewis. Timmons was snubbed this year, period. You didn't even look to see who made it this year I'd wager. Johnson had a nice year but Lewis with 57 tackles and a sack? Get the hell out of here. Timmons had 106 tackles, 6 sacks and 3 int's, one of which was for a touchdown and 2 forced fumbles. Timmons got snubbed just like he did in 2010.

Not sure where you are coming from: Ray Lewis was NOT selected for this year's Pro Bowl.

The AFC Pro Bowl MLBs were Jerod Mayo of NE and Derrick Johnson of KC. Are you complaining about the Johnson selection? Well keep doing so. I guess you think you know more than the writers/coaches/players/and other fans who voted on this.

Besides....as I understand it, if there were to be another ILB taken to the Pro Bowl....it would have been DQwell Jackson, not Timmons.

So, complain all you want...but those coaches/players/writers disagree with you. Sucks to be you.

Flacco will want to cash in, especially if he wins the Super Bowl. Top QBs/Super Bowl winning QBs will want around $10M/yr when they hit free agency. Sure Alex Smith will be cheaper and sure paying big bucks to a free agent can be risky. The Browns have been cellar dwellers for the most part since they returned to the league. Every now and then you have to take a risk, and make a big splash. It shows the fan base you care about winning. Do you really want to be the Pittsburgh Pirates of football?

Too late.

On Flacco, sure, maybe it would be nice to snatch him away from the Rats, but I suspect he would be franchised, and that makes the whole commentary irrelevent.

It's not about risk taking- sure, I'd like to see Flacco quarterbacking the Browns. But I'll put the odds at 99.9% certainty the Ravens aren't going to let Flacco go anywhere. He's made the playoffs 5 years running, and Ozzie isn't that stupid to let him walk. Yeah, I saw in the other thread the Crows may have cap problems- but is that taking into account Lewis' and possibly Reed's salaries off the books?

I guess I do have a question: How is it that the worst team in the entire league get 3 of their linebackers into the Pro Bowl? In fact, they got 6 players placed on the team:

Tamba Hali OLB

Justin Houston OLB

Derrick Johnson ILB

Eric Berry SS

Jamal Charles RB

Dustin Colquitt P

This, from a what? 2-14/3-13 team?

They got more players in that the Bengals/Colts/Steelers/Falcons/Bears/Redskins/Packers/Saints/Giants/Cowboys among others.

Maybe Em Diggy is right. The Chiefs may be a playoff ready team...if they could get a decent coach and quarterback.

I guess I do have a question: How is it that the worst team in the entire league get 3 of their linebackers into the Pro Bowl? In fact, they got 6 players placed on the team:

Tamba Hali OLB

Justin Houston OLB

Derrick Johnson ILB

Eric Berry SS

Jamal Charles RB

Dustin Colquitt P

They got more players in that the Bengals/Colts/Steelers/Falcons/Bears/Redskins/Packers/Saints/Giants/Cowboys among others.

Maybe Em Diggy is right. The Chiefs may be a playoff ready team...if they could get a decent coach and quarterback.

I don't know much about Justin Houston, but Hali,Johnson, Berry and Charles are exceptional players.

They haven't had a franchise QB since Len Dawson.

Montana a couple years, Trent Green had a nice run ... but they havent had a homegrown QB in forever.

Zombo

the last qb that the cheifs took in the first round was 1983 Todd Blackledge.

And he was the biggest bust of that first round that included Marino/Elway/Kelly/O'Brien/Eason. Too bad because by all appearances it seemed he would have made a hell of a QB. It just didn't happen.

And he was the biggest bust of that first round that included Marino/Elway/Kelly/O'Brien/Eason. Too bad because by all appearances it seemed he would have made a hell of a QB. It just didn't happen.

Yeah, and i didn't go beyond that to see what year they actually drafted a decent qb.

After a look the only QB the cheifs have ever taken through the draft to make the probowl in the second round or higher was,, mike livingston, 2nd round 48th overall in the 1968 draft. and the other one was Bill kenney in the 1978 draft 12th round 333 overall.

their all time passing leader was Len Dawson 28,507 yds drafted by the steelers in 57.

Tamba Hali OLB

Justin Houston OLB

Derrick Johnson ILB

Eric Berry SS

Jamal Charles RB

Dustin Colquitt P

I saw this too and wondered the same thing. The sum or the parts doesn't equal the whole here. It reminds me of the past redskins team or even the eagles dream team. Sometimes having all the good players doesn't produce the results we all think they should.

Or it could be that offense wins championships...

I saw this too and wondered the same thing. The sum or the parts doesn't equal the whole here. It reminds me of the past redskins team or even the eagles dream team. Sometimes having all the good players doesn't produce the results we all think they should.

Or it could be that offense wins championships...

Well, they obviously need a coach and a QB. Andy Reid will surely be an upgrade from Romeo...and I suspect they would be major players in the Alex Smith Derby.

A lot of mocks have them taking Geno Smith #1 overall.

Who knows? Others say that Geno is nowhere near the potential of an Andrew Luck or RGIII. Hard to say. Is he the potential of a Russell Wilson?

Archived