THE BROWNS BOARD

Pathetic State Of Browns Fandom

bonedawg

I feel like the northwest Ohio side of things is wrong.

In living here the past two NFL seasons it seems like 90%+ of residents are either Cleveland or Detroit fans, with the majority of fans being Detroit.

In most sports bars if browns and lions overlap they put the sound of the lions on :-( .We went to 3 places one Sunday and ended up just going home because they were all playing Detroit sound.

Just based on that on my view, we have the smallest fanbase, with no cross over to another state.

Russ, even if you made the assumption that this map has any validity...which it does not, what you say is not true at all.

Look at the Jets.....one single county.

Look at Houston...just a few local counties

Same with the Jags.

And the Chargers....that looks like a bit of blue, but it is mostly desert.

And I can tell you from personal experience that the Steelers are by no means the favorite team of central South Carolina. Again, that is probably just at best a handful of voters that make the difference in a county.

And...oh, yeah. Look at Alameda County, California....home of the Raiders. This says they don't even carry their own county. Sorry, but as messed up as the Raiders are you can't tell me that the 49ers are more popular in Alameda County than the Raiders are.

I think this is fair indicator but not a be all on fandom. I mean even if this correlated would anyone be shocked? We've been a below average team for over a decade. I'm not saying that detracts from my support in the slightest, but you're not going to have people hopping on a ship that's sinking. The browns have one of the most dedicated fan bases in the NFL, and that's the way I like it. No amount of Facebook "likes" will change that.

Personal experience is anecdotal and can't be used as proof of anything. Example: "I walked down my street and didn't see one Steelers flag, so therefore no one around here likes the Steelers." No one is saying Facebook "likes" is 100% proof of anything, but to say data is wrong because YOU haven't seen it is just foolish.

At the risk of some of you thin skinned fans accusing me of "trolling", my opinions are honest and heartfelt and NOT meant to piss anyone off. If they do piss you off, perhaps before whining and complaining you might want to take a real honest look at Browns fandom.

I have maintained and taken a lot of pounding for my positions that the huge numbers represented by teh Browns Backers clubs are meaningless, which, they are. Once a member, you can die, but you will still be counted every year.

Do you actually think that the membership of the Browns Backers club is less indicative than this list of Facebook likes?

Complainers always bitch about the poll being inaccurate. Well, like it or not, Facebook statistics persuade billions of dollars of investments and are deadly accurate in defining the norms of our time. I am not praising Facebook, but being honest about it. It is an excellent way to take the pulse of the nation.

Perhaps....but it is by no means a scientific research methodology. e.g. I do NOT think for one minute that there are more Steeler fans in Columbus than there are either Browns or Bengals fans.

And like I said before, it doesn't take into account the FRAK factor. 50% of these yabos that said they like one team this month will change and like another team next month...based on who wins the Super Bowl.

You cannot blame dwindling Browns support on losing, because other losers have more popularity than the Browns do.

If you are being honest, when you travel, you don't see Browns colors, stores seldom carry Browns stuff and the average guy on the street couldn't name 3 browns players. There is more than a losing record at the root of this poor support.

The move, the poor behavior of fans throwing things, threatening coache Belichiks kid, Booing an injured Tim Couch....... and on it goesz. It all add up, it is cumulative.

No, I think you are wrong about that. Any of that shit would not matter one iota if the Browns had been playing in multiple Super Bowls the last decade. It is 90% about the winning and losing. The other 10% is about the marketing. That is why the Cowboys are still popular. They have really done fuck all of what the Browns have done since the mid-90s....but of course they did have that 90s run that helps them...and they have the best know multi-set of tits and asses with their cheerleaders. Marketing helps.

This overall attitude of " hey, if they don't know how great we are, fuck em" is self deprecating. Many Browns fans live in a weird world. But hey, you guys know better. Far be it from me to prevent you from enjoying a shrinking fan base.

Are you saying that we should all turn into FRAKs, or willingly invite the FRAKs in when the Browns get good?

Are YOU, Mr. Volchak willing to embrace a guy that has worn a Steeler jacket who then jumps off that bandwagon in a year or two and onto the Browns bandwagon when the Browns become the far better team in a year or two?

More than 50% of Ohio is Steeler fans, and Cleveland has no culpability in that trend?

First off, I don't believe that for one goddamn minute. Some of that eastern edge is probably a majority Steeler fans...but not Central Ohio or certainly not Northwest Ohio.

As far as Cleveland's culpability in what you think that is....if there is culpability it has to do with one thing only: losing. So, just win baby and all that will change. Trust Me.

Okay, if thats what allows you to sleep at night, by all means carry on.

That and a stiff belt, OK, sure.

anyone over 30 that uses facebook for personal use (not biz promo) and tweets are queefs. i personally think it's nothing but a site for pedophiles to find prey. 'like' me, 'friend' me. GTFO!!

good to know some idiot came up with some supposed fan base demographic based on sexual preference.

Mik, I'm way on the high side of the demographic- but Facebook does have it's uses.

There are caveats to using it-

1) You never post anything there you wouldn't want the whole world to know- because eventually they will.

2) don't "like" everything in sight. LOL, this dude from Australia gets a free trip to the next World Cup final from his wife if he gets enough "likes". (thinking it's 100,000)

3) Don't friend the whole world. One of my nieces has 2,000 friends.

That cant be right. Columbus is weighted towards the Browns, ask the CBS reps who have to deal with us when they decide to air the Bungles. We only miss 2-3 games a year lol.

Yessir, you are 100% correct on this. C-Bus is a Browns town, not bungle land, not steeler masterbation nation either.

Just based on that on my view, we have the smallest fanbase, with no cross over to another state.

&

This thread has no merit

I agree, no -one can see the widespread fanbase everywhere else! We are here in Minnesota... there are SO many fans that have left Cleveland to anywhere, everywhere from promotion or other reasons....

just wait til they start winning - yes some bandwagoners (screw em) but ALOT of true fans are out there will be flocking back to our team!

(and bandwagoners will have to prove themselves by taking and passing one of gippers trivia quizes!)

Archived