THE BROWNS BOARD

Pathetic State Of Browns Fandom

bonedawg

Deadspin posted this chart of NFL fans based on geography and "likes" of team's facebook page. As you can see, Browns don't even carry most of Ohio let alone anywhere else. This is what having a losing team gets you for a fanbase. I love the Browns. All you sad sack of shit Ohioans who are Steelers fans can get the fuck out.

original.png

Article

http://deadspin.com/5979970/facebook-data-provides-the-most-accurate-nfl-fandom-map-ever-created

Dude... it's based on Facebook likes! There are so many other factors that could affect these results. The biggest one being that Facebook is typically used by the younger generations (which have seen nothing but shitty Browns football), and pretty much means that a HUGE GIGANTIC PORTION of older fans/non Facebook members have no input on this.

COME ON SON!

Dude... it's based on Facebook likes! There are so many other factors that could affect these results. The biggest one being that Facebook is typically used by the younger generations, which pretty much means that a HUGE PORTION of older fans have no input on this. COME ON SON!

and the younger generation likes winners. There seems to be way less loyalty.

and the younger generation likes winners. There seems to be way less loyalty.

Younger generations have seen nothing but crap football from the Browns. Can you blame them? If we didn't have NE Ohio locked down on this map then I'd be concerned. Why should some young kid from a far away state give a rats ass about the Browns? Plenty actually do, just not enough to win over any counties outside of Ohio.

This map is actually pretty interesting but you can't judge the entire Browns fanbase on it.

Anyone know the name of that one county down in southern Ohio still holding it down for the Browns? We need to send them some love. Also, why the hell does northwestern Ohio go for the Steelers?

I dont know about the one county, but seeing where its at makes me think there is only one computer in that county and that guy is a Browns fan lol.

Face it....in some of these counties they may only get like 2 votes for a team and that is enough for them to win. That is evidenced by several counties that are white. Probably not a single team got a single vote. Don't you think there are football fans in those counties?

Further, if you are suggesting that this country is full of FRAKs, the answer is: no doubt.

But, in two years when the Steelers had 2 bad seasons in a row this whole map will change.

If the Flying skunks win the Super Bowl, all of western MD, half of WVa, and a whole swath of central PA would turn purple.

You think the Browns are bad..look at the Jets. All of one single Long Island county swings their way.

What the hell Hawaii? Greenbay? Aaron Freaking Rodgers and the cheeseheads? wow

there is so much wrong with this map its actually incredible. It's only cool for the fact that they were able to illustrate this random sample on a map....

1) As said before, the demographic of this map is skewed heavily towards younger populations. And, I'll admit that because my generation is so inclined for instance gratification, young diehard Browns fans are very hard to come by outside of the CLE metro

2) NW actually makes sense, though in reality Toledo is extremely Lions-based.

3) This map doesn't illustrate population variances in counties. Who gives two shits if the two voters in hoe-dunk county Wyoming voted for ___? And, Montana looks like an Xmas tree.... wonder why...

4) We fight for fans in one of the most difficult spots in the country. Within 6 hours of CLE we have 6 (or just a shade under 20% of) NFL teams: BUF, PIT, CIN, DET, IND, and CHI. People make fun of the notion that the Browns and Bengals have such small fan bases, but the reality is that pussy organizations like the Cowboys are aided by geographic isolation in terms of the proximity of NFL teams.

and.....

5) Browns backers club. It has chapters in fucking Spain (where I'm at currently... hell yes) and Israel. Nuff said

The Move and the subsequent Death Valley known as the Lerner Years got rid of all the pussies.

We now have the best quality fan base in the NFL ... Not one front runner and pussy free.

My Browns Super Bowl party will not have one fan who came aboard once we started winning.

In fact, we ought to close new membership to the Brownsboard before the start of next season other than to offspring of current members.

Z

Steelers have inbred hillbilly demographic under wraps.

Z

LOL. I arrested this guy a few days ago named Jedediah. He had about three teeth, and he and his wife smelt like death. Of course he was in a single wide from the 70's (or at least looked liked it). On his bedroom wall was a Steelers flag. I laughed on the inside all the way to jail

Interesting, that lonely county in Southwest Ohio is Athens. When I was going to school down there I thought I was the only Browns fan around.

Southeast*

I live in Dayton, and Bengals fans are a rare sight, here. They're a little more common now that they're winning, but when the team puts up a losing record, good god, those people are worse fairweather fans than the steelers fraks.

Ben Rothlisberger is very well liked throughout Ohio.

Maybe in Youngstown. Yeah- Rapisburger is so well liked in Ohio, he had to make up a fake hometown, after Findlay disowned him. And Lima is split Browns\Bengals.

Southeast*

I live in Dayton, and Bengals fans are a rare sight, here. They're a little more common now that they're winning, but when the team puts up a losing record, good god, those people are worse fairweather fans than the steelers fraks.

That map is BS. From personal experience Anchorage Alaska, as well as the rest of the state is Seahawks country. Wow, the one guy who lives in Paxton or Circle who has a satellite up link is a Green Bay fan? Meaningless.

anyone over 30 that uses facebook for personal use (not biz promo) and tweets are queefs. i personally think it's nothing but a site for pedophiles to find prey. 'like' me, 'friend' me. GTFO!!

good to know some idiot came up with some supposed fan base demographic based on sexual preference.

anyone over 30 that uses facebook for personal use (not biz promo) and tweets are queefs. i personally think it's nothing but a site for pedophiles to find prey. 'like' me, 'friend' me. GTFO!!

good to know some idiot came up with some supposed fan base demographic based on sexual preference.

I've used facebook to reconnect with old friends from the Air Force that I hadn't heard from in 25 years. Other than than, I've probably

unfriended more people than I actually have as friends because of the extremely annoying habit people have of posting whatever

random thought that happens to walk through their minds. "Chicken and fresh veggies from the garden for dinner--Yummy!" Jesus Christ.

Some of the shit on facebook makes me want to throw my laptop out into the front yard.

OK, one last rant--seeing an interesting article and clicking on it and getting the pop-up "To read article, like us on facebook." WTF

I need to stop--I could write two pages of shit about facebook that pisses me off.

Ok this doesn't even make sense. It marks my home county of Mercer as Bengals, but from actually living there it is obvious that the top team is Cleveland and if there was going to be a team that beat the Browns out, it would be the Steelers. Also up in Wood and Lucas county they have it as Steelers but I would honestly say it would be Detroit.

The reason these polls don't work is you tend to find fans of the succesful teams living in areas not associated with their team more like click the like button than say a Detroit fan living in Detroit.

It's all to do with these people trying to convince themselves and everyone else that they are true fans, rather than glory following, plastic fans that the rest of the people living in their area, supporting their more local team, view them as.

Archived