THE BROWNS BOARD

Biggest Pussy Move Ever

Harry Buffalo

I don't see how anyone other than a Ravens fan could have watched that safety and not have been appalled by it. Blatant holding since the line knew that it wouldn't hurt them which gave the punter 8 seconds to fuck around. If you don't have enough faith in your defense and special teams to keep the other team from scoring a touchdown with only 12 seconds to go then you shouldn't be in the super bowl and you shouldn't be coaching in the NFL in general. That shit was sickening and if there is any rule change for next season it should be to make that kind of shit illegal.

Mark my words, if that shit isn't made illegal you are going to start seeing that shit at the end of games any time the team is within the 20. Just run backwards, take the safety to waste time, and punt it farther up to give yourself better field position.

who cares? let it go.

In 3 months when the draft is here NO ONE will care about who won the superbowl............

Hell I don't care now

I don't see how anyone other than a Ravens fan could have watched that safety and not have been appalled by it. Blatant holding since the line knew that it wouldn't hurt them which gave the punter 8 seconds to fuck around. If you don't have enough faith in your defense and special teams to keep the other team from scoring a touchdown with only 12 seconds to go then you shouldn't be in the super bowl and you shouldn't be coaching in the NFL in general. That shit was sickening and if there is any rule change for next season it should be to make that kind of shit illegal.

Mark my words, if that shit isn't made illegal you are going to start seeing that shit at the end of games any time the team is within the 20. Just run backwards, take the safety to waste time, and punt it farther up to give yourself better field position.

This has been a rule for 60 years. It has happened atleast once a year for years and years. If the opposing coach doesn't know this will happen, then this coach isn't prepared for EVERY situation.

The holding was illegal, it just wasn't called. It would have been an automatic safety at the time of the foul, adding six seconds on to the clock. That would have allowed Akers to attempt a long field goal.

Jerome Boger and that staff will not be asked to ref another Super Bowl, I can guarantee that.

The safety play itself will never be made illegal, because it can backfire. A couple years ago, Coastal Carolina attempted to eat up the clock by having their wide receiver run around and then get a safety, but he ended up running out of bounds on the 1 yard line, giving the ball back to Charleston Southern with 2 seconds left. Needless to say, Charleston Southern scored, ended up beating Coastal, and went to the playoffs because of that game.

Oh, and the receiver that ran out of bounds? Jerome Simpson.

LOL, I called that play before it happened- take the intentional saftey. Wasn't a pussy move- it was damn smart football. You want to argue killing the clock, and getting better field position to get a free kick wasn't absolutely the right move?

You want to bitch? How about the 49ers pass into the endzone on 4th down, where the receiver was either 1) interfered with, 2) held, or 3) it was illegal contact- there's the start of the bitchfest.

LOL, I called that play before it happened- take the intentional saftey. Wasn't a pussy move- it was damn smart football. You want to argue killing the clock, and getting better field position to get a free kick wasn't absolutely the right move?

You want to bitch? How about the 49ers pass into the endzone on 4th down, where the receiver was either 1) interfered with, 2) held, or 3) it was illegal contact- there's the start of the bitchfest.

the deliberate safety is done all the time. hell if we were there and our coach hadn't called it i'd be calling for his head right now.

the 'non-call' on the last 49er play is iffy in my eyes. the ball was over-thrown and out-of-bounds so that's one thing. another is it would have to be such a blatant foul at that point of the game for an official to throw a flag on the carpet. i akin it to the last 20 secs in basketball. unless someone hacks off someone else's arm the game is over.

what i'd be bitching about if i were a niner fan is the frickin play call. you throw a fade on the 4 yd line when you have gore or kaepernik who could both have easily done the pistol play fake.

Say what you want about Alex Smith but he'd have gotten the ball to Davis for the go ahead score on that last series.

what i'd be bitching about if i were a niner fan is the frickin play call. you throw a fade on the 4 yd line when you have gore or kaepernik who could both have easily done the pistol play fake.

The fade looked really bad considering Davis looked to be 1 on 1 with Pollard over the middle.

Say what you want about Alex Smith but he'd have gotten the ball to Davis for the go ahead score on that last series.

i think kaepernik (sp?) is going to be an awesome QB for years to come.....BUT..... i guarantee you the statement you made right there will be asked and re-asked over and over tomorrow on every radio and tv sports talk show.

"did harbaugh make the right decision with the alex smith move blah, blah blah?"

get ready for it.

i think kaepernik (sp?) is going to be an awesome QB for years to come.....BUT..... i guarantee you the statement you made right there will be asked and re-asked over and over tomorrow on every radio and tv sports talk show.

"did harbaugh make the right decision with the alex smith move blah, blah blah?"

get ready for it.

Probably will be, and I still think they made the right move with the switch because I doubt Smith would have even gotten them down the field the way Kaepernik did.

I just got to think his inexperience hurt him there, and the play calling sucked too.

get ready for it.

I think on that particular play, Alex Smith would have made a more accurate throw. And maybe in the whole game he would have been more accurate in moving the ball against the Baltimore defense. But they wouldn't have gotten there without Kaepernick and his devastating runs.

All in all.. the refs fucked up the potential outcome of a game and the fucking thug (RAY RAY) gets to walk into the sunset with another fucking trophy he clearly does not deserve.,..fuck you refs...and fuck you baltiwhore...ROT IN HELL ART!

That was not a pussy move. Not at all. It was smart football strategy. If they didn't take the safety, and instead punted from the end zone, there was a very good chance that either:

- SF returns the punt for a TD on a shortened field

- SF catches the ball around midfield, and runs a play or two to get into Akers' FG range and he boots the winning score.

Ravens would lose, and then they'd be having a discussion on why they didn't take the safety.

By taking the safety, the Ravens got to tack on extra yardage away from their endzone by punting from the 20 yard line.

More distance between the football and the endzone = less chance of the opposition scoring.

This is the Superbowl. You play to win the game. Guess they didn't teach you that in Madden '13

A couple of things

1. Smart play b the Ravens- of course you take a safety.....

2. After Jones returned that kick off for a TD, did you see the following kick off were he got hammered!!! WOW kudos for him holding on to the ball

3. On that 4th and goal the WR got held period, but the refs were bad thu out the game. Eaen Flaco got hammered out of bounds, but no flag???

4. I am sure Ravens fan will not complain about refs because they won

5. As for Krikpatrick, he just another running QB....The pistol will be likethe WildDawg offense in 2 yrs

All in all.. the refs fucked up the potential outcome of a game and the fucking thug (RAY RAY) gets to walk into the sunset with another fucking trophy he clearly does not deserve.,..fuck you refs...and fuck you baltiwhore...ROT IN HELL ART!

The way I see it a good part of the pass big plays yesterday could have been called pass interference either way.

DB/WR contact before the reception should be carefully re-examined in this off-season by the refs because I've seen too many interpretation of the rules and that's bad for the game.

Yesterday I heard the NFL Network announcer say that "this contact would be called 15 yards during the regular season, but not in the Super Bowl". Pardon me? I did not know we had different sets of rules for regular season and playoffs...

3. On that 4th and goal the WR got held period, but the refs were bad thu out the game. Eaen Flaco got hammered out of bounds, but no flag???

That's exactly when the NFL Network announcer said that during the regular Season that would be sanctioned with a personal foul but not in the Super Bowl.

The way I see it a good part of the pass big plays yesterday could have been called pass interference either way.

DB/WR contact before the reception should be carefully re-examined in this off-season by the refs because I've seen too many interpretation of the rules and that's bad for the game.

Yesterday I heard the NFL Network announcer say that "this contact would be called 15 yards during the regular season, but not in the Super Bowl". Pardon me? I did not know we had different sets of rules for regular season and playoffs...

Im not arguing your point. However...I think they better start adhering to some consistency in the calls then. If not...then the game becomes one big farce. Not that it is not,already.

The flagrant holding on that safety wasn't just holding, it was a disgrace.

Looked a lot like the squeelers holding when it counts - those dont' get called either.

Does anybody bet, that if the Browns had taken a safety, and their oline openly BEAR-HUGGED, that

it wouldn't be called?

Hell yes, it would be called. The safety was just smart football - unless you weren't

given a pass for your oliine making sure extra seconds ticked off the clock.

Think NFL will certainly look at situations like that, they would have rather had 49ers get another chance to win or lose it rather than what happened at the end there. Should either have called the holding as soon as started so clock gets stopped with more like 10 seconds left, or else if get caught holding in endzone like that for a intentional safety penalize them 10yd holding penalty on the free kick to move it back from the 20yd to 10yd line, just do something to make sure a farsical play cant unfold like you seen to end a Superbowl game.

Think NFL will certainly look at situations like that, they would have rather had 49ers get another chance to win or lose it rather than what happened at the end there. Should either have called the holding as soon as started so clock gets stopped with more like 10 seconds left, or else if get caught holding in endzone like that for a intentional safety penalize them 10yd holding penalty on the free kick to move it back from the 20yd to 10yd line, just do something to make sure a farsical play cant unfold like you seen to end a Superbowl game.

They wouldn't have been able to enforce it on the kick, as the penalty would have been an offensive penalty. The only penalty they would have been able to enforce on the kick would have been a personal foul dead ball penalty after the whistle. What they should have done was blow the whistle at the moment of the infraction, giving the 49ers an automatic safety and an extra 6 seconds.

There's no rule in the book stating that a holding penalty does not have to be called based on the circumstances of its occurrence. That was a whiff by the refs and it ultimately changed the outcome of the game.

BTW, I won't start a thread on it, but did anybody else notice #29 , Williams, a ratbird..... in an altercation with a niner,

who finally got up, and INTENTIONALLY PUSHED A REF ! Go back and look if you can. It was clear as day.

No....freakin.......call. No call. Nothin.

That is plain obvious that the refereeing was biased, squeeler playoff style.

BTW, I won't start a thread on it, but did anybody else notice #29 , Williams, a ratbird..... in an altercation with a niner,

who finally got up, and INTENTIONALLY PUSHED A REF ! Go back and look if you can. It was clear as day.

No....freakin.......call. No call. Nothin.

That is plain obvious that the refereeing was biased, squeeler playoff style.

I was stunned at the refs hesitation. A ref got his hat knocked off. There were punches being thrown after plays, and guys were being trampled in piles. A punch was swung at a ref and there were ravens players swinging/shoving/bumping into 9ers players after the plays. The officiating was embarrassingly hesitant to make calls in the biggest game of the year

It's called winning football. Look into it.

It's called winning football. Look into it.

Nope, a good point was made- the Super Bowl gets reefed differently than regular season games. Your guy would have gotten tossed for pushing a ref, there would have been a 15 yard unnecessary roughness for decking Flacco out of bounds- and I don't see the reason why the last minute of a game should get called differently than the first. If that wasn't flagrant holding on San Fran's 4th and seven, I don't know what was. You might argue the ball was uncatchable, but (I believe it was Crabtree) never got a chance to make a play on the ball.

It's not just isolated to this game either. a few years back when the Patriots were in the SB, one of their guards flat-out tackled a defender on a sweep- and no call.

Nope, a good point was made- the Super Bowl gets reefed differently than regular season games. Your guy would have gotten tossed for pushing a ref, there would have been a 15 yard unnecessary roughness for decking Flacco out of bounds- and I don't see the reason why the last minute of a game should get called differently than the first. If that wasn't flagrant holding on San Fran's 4th and seven, I don't know what was. You might argue the ball was uncatchable, but (I believe it was Crabtree) never got a chance to make a play on the ball.

It's not just isolated to this game either. a few years back when the Patriots were in the SB, one of their guards flat-out tackled a defender on a sweep- and no call.

Hoorta, I've always respected your opinion and I have enjoyed our back and forths. But the play he is talking about it a legit play that is run several times a year. Could there have been flags throughout the game? Yes. But was the safety play a pussy move? No, not by a long shot. It was smart football by a smart football coach.

Ravensfan translation:

"Every ratbird player could be serial camel crap eater , and I would still give every one of them great

big smoochies."

Pretty sick rep of the ratbird fan collection. "yawn"

Ravensfan translation:

"Every ratbird player could be serial camel crap eater , and I would still give every one of them great

big smoochies."

Pretty sick rep of the ratbird fan collection. "yawn"

Not sure how to even respond to that. On the whole, Baltimore Ravens players stay out of trouble and are great guys who do a lot of work in the community.

Archived