THE BROWNS BOARD

Money Is On....

blitzz2

Well it's getting closer and closer to FA signing. We have seen all the "who Cleveland is pursuing,targeting,rumors" etc,etc. Personally I think we will make a pretty significant signing from a rival. And pull a few other pieces in. My predictions

LB. Ellerbee, just seems more of a safe choice over Krueger.

G. Vasquez, although not a big name a pretty decent starter on the line. Levitre would be nice, but due to the relationship with Turner probably more likely to see him here.

T. Why not Winston, never have enough?

S. Smoke pipe dream, but Adrian Wilson would be nice for a year or 2

CB. If not one of the coveted fa's, why not gamble, coming back to Ohio would be nice. UPgrade over Brown. for a few years.

TE. Jared Cook would be a catch

DE. Cliff Avril

So I think we pull in...Ellerbee,Vasquez,Gamble,Avril.

Always Hope :rolleyes:

I'd actually like to see them take the best guard available at #6, I think O-line has the best chance of paying off in the early rounds. I would use FA for a CB, an OLB and/or a TE. Then I would snag that Kickalicious guy to replace Dawson. The biggest problem the last 2 years hasn't been the people on the field. I personally think the coaching staff was a train wreck. Let us depart the disastrous Lerner Era and move on to something that reminds us of the Sipe/Kosar era, when the Browns won games with some frequency. Let's at least be competitive, I'm tired of hearing how the real Pittsburgh rivalry is in Baltimore now. I personally think Pittsburgh is on their way down. Their O-line is a sieve and Ben can't take too much more of a beating before his cover comes off. I don't expect much out of the team this year, but please, no more 4 and 5 wins for the year. It's been hard to watch. Very hard to watch. This was a proud franchise at one time, until Modell screwed it into the ground. Art bites forever.

Best guard available at #6? All guards in the history of football are available at #6. Because guards don't go at #6. Because they're guards. Yikes!!

Ellerbe was supposedly close to signing with Ravens, now Browns are said to be muddling that up. If I were listing guys...

1. Avril (I think he's our biggest get)

2. Ellerbe

3. One of the 400 young, starter-quality corners, maybe Lewis

4. Vasquez (makes more sense than Levitre, more of a RG road-grader, which we need)

5. Brandon Myers (terrific idea)

6. A third WR type (Edelman, Alexander, Rams dude Brandon Whatsisname)

We have plenty of dough to make that happen and extend a couple of our own. But then what do you draft? If we don't sign Desmond Bryant, which I think is possible, they might like a 3-4 5-tech. People say Floyd or Star could excel there. Could trade down and take the safety (Vaccaro?).

Then again, maybe we take Geno Smith!

1. Avril (I think he's our biggest get)

2. Ellerbe

3. One of the 400 young, starter-quality corners, maybe Lewis

4. Vasquez (makes more sense than Levitre, more of a RG road-grader, which we need)

5. Brandon Myers (terrific idea)

6. A third WR type (Edelman, Alexander, Rams dude Brandon Whatsisname)

I'd rather have Kruger over Avril -- Avril offers nothing against the run, Kruger is solid.

Ellerbe is a good get, we'll see.

There are lots of corners -- but not many who are actually starter-quality, and that's why they are available. Even Gamble's not worth it if he's asking for more than about $6M. Why 6? McKelvin just got 5M from the Bills, and Gamble's not much better than McKelvin.

Vasquez is fine, we'll see.

Brandon Myers.. is not notably better than Watson/Campbell, I wouldn't spend the money there.

The rams WR is good but is probably going to NE. I wouldn't spend much money on Edelman. Danario Alexander would be an AMAZING signing for Cleveland, because the Chargers only put an original-round tender on him.. which requires us to give zero draft picks as compensation if he signs.

why is everyone sold on kruger? (asking for real).

didn't he put up his numbers last year playing only on 3rd down? i mean yeah i guess it makes his #'s only stand out more BUT don't we need LBs that play every down?

If I'm Lombard/Banner:

1) Ellerbe ILB - this would be the signature move for the new FA b/c I don't think anybody sees this happening, but he would certainly be the #1 FA move for us

2) Keenan Lewis CB, Cary Williams CB, Antoine Cason CB, or Greg Toler CB - all are quality #2 CBs and we desperately need one of these guys. If we can't get one of these guys we'd have to look at Gamble who will be overpriced or Munnerlyn. We NEED a CB in FA this year, no choice.

3) Kruger OLB or Avril OLB - These guys immediately start opposite our first round pick (J.Jones, D.Jordan, E.Ansah). Sheard becomes a situational pass-rusher.

4) Brandon Myers TE, Durstin Keller TE, Ben Watson TE(resign) - It's always concerning when a guy lights it up in a contract year (Myers) but we need a veteran TE.

5) Desmond Bryant DT/DE or Jean-Francois DT/DE - A guy who can play 3-4 DE, and who could end up starting if Winn/Taylor/Hughes can't get it done at DE.

6) Goldson S, Quin S, Landry S - The fact I haven't heard the Browns linked to these guys yet is a bit concerning. All are a major upgrade over Young/Hagg at FS.

7) Edelman WR, Nelson WR, Gibson WR, Hixon WR - Not that we NEED these guys, but they have experience, something our WR corps lacks.

8) Louis Vasquez G, or Tyronne Green G - I haven't heard much about the Browns looking into these guys, but our O-line talent is pretty solid.

9) Mike Goodson RB - Let Ogby and Goodson battle it out. He's had flashes of being really good and would make a good 3rd down guy.

10) Chase Daniel QB - If we're not keeping McCoy, this would be the guy to get. He's been sitting behind Drew Brees, and probably learned a thing or two.

11) Quentin Groves OLB, Nick Eason DT/DE, Adrian Wilson SS, James Sanders FS - Depth guys who know Horton's Defense

12) Donte Rosario TE, Gary Barnidge TE, Louis Murphy WR, Jackie Battle RB, Derek Anderson QB, Mike Pollak G - Depth guys who know Turner or Chud's offense (I'm sure there are more of these type of guys, but I am only guessing)

If we can add 3-4 starters, and 4-8 depth players this year in FA that would be great. Plus, adding at least 1 new starter through the draft. This team would be looking good.

Archived