THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Free Agency Activity Thread

TheClevelandSound

We need a lot of DB help, and we have to go after a CB and FS in FA IMHO.

We could also use help at WR, TE, G, ILB, and more OLB help.

I still see at least one more big FA to fill one of those spots.

As for the draft, I'm still thinking J.Jones, D.Jordan, or D.Milliner. I just can't see drafting a G at #6. However, we may be able to trade down 2 spots w/ BUF since they NEED to make sure they get their QB, after cutting Fitzpatrick. Then we could look at Patterson or Warmack at #8.

Too early for all the speculating, but this is starting to get exciting!!

So you won't pick Warmack at 6 but you will at 8?? With the rookie pay scale now they would make about the same. I'm not saying we should pick warmack(although I'm not against it) but I just don't understand that kind of logic

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you won't pick Warmack at 6 but you will at 8?? With the rookie pay scale now they would make about the same. I'm not saying we should pick warmack(although I'm not against it) but I just don't understand that kind of logic

The logic is that you would accept taking a Guard at the beginning of the draft if you had the ability to trade back a few spots and pick up some extra picks to do so. Otherwise you look to a more important position.

and from what i'm reading that means sheard or rubin might be on the trading block, which i don't like at all.

stock piling LBs makes me think we'll go another direction with our first pick in the draft.

called rubin trade last night everyone acted like I was crazy. Pretty obvious when u think about it

Nice pickup! If we sign a CB I am going to predict that we are going QB in the draft. There are still plenty of CB out there so my guess is we will sign one. If so it makes sense that they would either be looking at a QB or trading back and then taking a QB later. But I have a feeling that somebody in the front office might have a thing for Geno Smith.

The logic is that you would accept taking a Guard at the beginning of the draft if you had the ability to trade back a few spots and pick up some extra picks to do so. Otherwise you look to a more important position.

Exactly... Warmack plus picks >> Warmack

Pretty simple IMO

Nice pickup! If we sign a CB I am going to predict that we are going QB in the draft. There are still plenty of CB out there so my guess is we will sign one. If so it makes sense that they would either be looking at a QB or trading back and then taking a QB later. But I have a feeling that somebody in the front office might have a thing for Geno Smith.

Whether or not we get a CB it scares me that we bring in 2 OLBs when there are so many good ones at the top of the draft. Seems like we may be thinking about offense at 6 (Warmack, Geno, Coradelle)

Everyone needs to calm down with the trade talk. We just signed a back up OLB. How in the hell does that tell you that we are trading Sheard. I don't understand how everyone assumes that every depth signing or every 6th round pick is supposed to be the new Cleveland superstar. Depth signing and nothing more.

Also notice how other good teams operate. Steelers and Ravens have been good because they have depth, the can rotate players. You want to trade away our second string players so that we can't rotate anyone. How does that make sense?

and from what i'm reading that means sheard or rubin might be on the trading block, which i don't like at all.

stock piling LBs makes me think we'll go another direction with our first pick in the draft.

Right. With the acquisitions of Kruger/Bryant/Groves, and with Rubin/Taylor/Sheard/Hughes/Winn/DQ/Gocong etc. still on the roster this team seems like it has its front 7 personell under hand.

So, maybe the Browns will go for their DB needs in the draft. Though the only guy that is rated high enough for the #6 pick is Milliner, and he may not be there at 6. If not, maybe a trade down to pick up that OG.

Let's face it: Despite Ghoolie's protests to the contrary a football team is make or break in the trenches. If they got Warmack then the Browns trenches could be looking like the Battle of the Marne or something.

Whether or not we get a CB it scares me that we bring in 2 OLBs when there are so many good ones at the top of the draft. Seems like we may be thinking about offense at 6 (Warmack, Geno, Coradelle)

I'm absolutely with you on this one. If we sign a CB I'm starting to feel whichever QB they like will be the 6th pick. However it might also signal they really don't see Sheard as a quality starter at OLB or DE and still plan to get one of the OLB prospects to start. It's hard to say for certain.

Sorry for double post just a couple updates I'm seeing on Twitter and such: Browns expected to sign TE Gary Barnidge sp? from the Panthers, still interested in Myers from Oakland.

Watch the panthers play often and Barnidge is a good depth TE. He seemed to always make the catch when in the game and came in on run plays a lot. I would take him over Alex Smith in a heartbeat.

Sorry for double post just a couple updates I'm seeing on Twitter and such: Browns expected to sign TE Gary Barnidge sp? from the Panthers, still interested in Myers from Oakland.

Watch the panthers play often and Barnidge is a good depth TE. He seemed to always make the catch when in the game and came in on run plays a lot. I would take him over Alex Smith in a heartbeat.

Yeah, he's a blocking guy, someone predicted this a long time ago due to the Chud connection, good call by them.

Zombo

The first one or second one? Are you suggesting the Browns line would actually kill people? I'm 92.8% sure that's against the rules.

Maybe just the whole damn Western Front. And, OK, no deaths. Just let the other team bring out those meat wagons like they did in WWI.

Fred Davis is an interesting name that's come up u few times today

I just mentioned that in the other TE thread.

I'd love that sign, guy is tough to cover and can catch and run. Would be a good fit for Norv

Fred Davis is good but isn't he a little old? Plus coming off a big injury.

I'd rather see us draft one of these dynamic new breed tight ends in the draft.

He's only 27. Same age as Brandon Myers and are the youngest viable FAs left at that position.

But I agree, if we miss on Myers or Davis, I'd love to see a TE drafted in the 3rd. (Escobar, Kasa, McDonald)

OakLOLand Raiders.

What's funny is I was reading a Raiders beat writer site about them losing Bryant to the Browns and also us possibly being interested in Myers. All of them were talking crap saying we're taking them off their hands yada yada. The raiders franchise is clearly the most delusional in the NFL.

Archived