THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Free Agency Activity Thread

TheClevelandSound

A nice variety. There are some decent women around Pittsburgh, but have you ever been to Punxatawney? Ugliest women on earth.

I had to drive through there when I would come home from college. Never saw one even semi attractive female type. The Groundhog Day movie did not capture that towns ugliness.

LoL, I went to the party down there about 10 years ago for Ground hog day and I blacked out around 4am and dont even remember seeing the woodchuck when the sun came up. All I remember was it was fucking cold.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am just wondering what the hell happened to Cliff Avril, he goes from a hot commodity to not even mentioned today. I am wondering If he will gauge his contract of Kruger's.

I am just wondering what the hell happened to Cliff Avril, he goes from a hot commodity to not even mentioned today. I am wondering If he will gauge his contract of Kruger's.

More than likely weighing his options. Several teams were equally looking at him. Two teams, us and Colts, went after Kruger hard so he had fewer big bidders to chose from.

Based on his body size, I think he looks like more of a 3-4 defensive end. I hope he can stop the run like you said. Plus his mug shot is amazing. I want that on a tshirt. Link posted below.

https://twitter.com/BHOAK510/status/311642717467836416/photo/1

He looks like he is choking on his own tongue.

Figure Taylor has higher ceiling. Rubin was a 4th rounder?

5th and he would still be considered one of the top NT in the league. Having said that I am sure they want to try Taylor at 3-4 DE or they will trade him cause they could easily get a mid 1st rounder out of him plus another mid round pick. Rubin, since he is older and has a bigger contract, wouldn't hold as much value. Having said that you don't trade the better of the two, so they will more than likely wait until they can bring guys into camp/preseason before they start trading. We could run Rubin at NT with Taylor and Bryant running DE with Winn and Hughes at reserve. Sounds great to me.

Why are we getting rid of guys? This guy first perfectly. Winning and Hughes are depth.

Z

My point exactly. If we make moves and trade guys, it won't be until after we have seen what they can do in the 3-4 or if we get a great offer. People want to lean on Winn, but he was a 6th rounder, who knows what he can do. We know what Bryant can do and that is play as one of the better 3-4 DE in the league.

Now what... We fill two of our biggest holes in the transition to the 3-4.

Do we look for a S or CB now in FA? Do we need another OLB and where would he come from, draft or FA?

These signings really have me questioning what we will do in the draft...

Do we grab Warmack or Milliner to fill one of our other two needs? Do we grab Geno (I hope not)? Are we still players for Jordan, Jones or Anzah? Maybe we go with Cordelle Patterson? Trade back and go after Tyler Eifert?

Gonna be an interesting rest of FA.

We need a lot of DB help, and we have to go after a CB and FS in FA IMHO.

We could also use help at WR, TE, G, ILB, and more OLB help.

I still see at least one more big FA to fill one of those spots.

As for the draft, I'm still thinking J.Jones, D.Jordan, or D.Milliner. I just can't see drafting a G at #6. However, we may be able to trade down 2 spots w/ BUF since they NEED to make sure they get their QB, after cutting Fitzpatrick. Then we could look at Patterson or Warmack at #8.

Too early for all the speculating, but this is starting to get exciting!!

Trade Rubin for picks while stock is high?

At what point is that a good idea? Winn and Hughes are unproven. Taylor/Rubin/Bryant is a fearsome DL group, the D had significant problems shutting down the run last year, and Rubin is still on a reasonable contract for a difference-maker at his position.

Hughes and Winn are both smaller in size than Rubin and Bryant, and neither have played in the 3-4 in the pros.. so we can't say conclusively that both will be good. I want them to succeed, I hope they're great.. but we can't confirm that today.

Good pickup by the Browns FO: It will allow Hughes/Winn another year+ to learn the pro game.

Also: Did the browns shut down the run on any 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 last year? I can remember exactly zero times, and someone proposes we trade away one of our starting DT's when we have a need to improve our run defense? Bad idea. Yes, Rubin's value is high -- because he is good, and we should keep him for the same reason.

Another problem with the idea of "making a trade" is that there's always the magical fantasy that we will receive equal value in return. That almost never happens. Bill Simmons has a term for it.. the pu-pu platter.

We need a lot of DB help, and we have to go after a CB and FS in FA IMHO.

We could also use help at WR, TE, G, ILB, and more OLB help.

I still see at least one more big FA to fill one of those spots.

As for the draft, I'm still thinking J.Jones, D.Jordan, or D.Milliner. I just can't see drafting a G at #6. However, we may be able to trade down 2 spots w/ BUF since they NEED to make sure they get their QB, after cutting Fitzpatrick. Then we could look at Patterson or Warmack at #8.

Too early for all the speculating, but this is starting to get exciting!!

Also need a kicker and hopefully a new punter.

Archived