THE BROWNS BOARD

Kaluka Maiava To The Raiders

VaporTrail

This one is going to baffle me for a while . Letting go of the kind of guy your going to need is foolish . One injury and "We all can here the hind sight alarm , Why did we get rid of Maiava,Most people forget he came in second in the combine score and the inside was he may be a little slow on the learning curve . Well releasing him Just in time never to find out weather or not he can learn the NFL spot of special teams or backup situational LB is kind of premature .

Well I just came from ESPN and they still totally refuse to cover any Browns news. This is not a shock and may even be laughable .

It 9.09 on March 13 and the ESPN will not cover any browns news .

Well I just came from ESPN and they still totally refuse to cover any Browns news. This is not a shock and may even be laughable .

It 9.09 on March 13 and the ESPN will not cover any browns news .

Not sure what you mean. They had been all over the Paul Kruger signing. They also reported on the Desmond Bryant signing...and they listed the Quinton Groves signing (truly, he is not that big of a name).

I have thought the coverage fair.

This one is going to baffle me for a while . Letting go of the kind of guy your going to need is foolish . One injury and "We all can here the hind sight alarm , Why did we get rid of Maiava,Most people forget he came in second in the combine score and the inside was he may be a little slow on the learning curve . Well releasing him Just in time never to find out weather or not he can learn the NFL spot of special teams or backup situational LB is kind of premature .

Sorry, letting go of Maiava to me is bit of addition by subtraction. We now have gotten LBs Kruger and Groves in return for Maiava. Big time upgrade there. And we also still have Fort, Robertson, Acho, JMJ, Gocong, DQ, even Tank Carder and Adrien Moten...and who knows, maybe an LB like Jarvis Jones or Dion Jordan may still be on their radar come draft time. He is no great loss in my view considering what we still have.

Well this basically guarantees a imminent upgrade of LB either thru FA or draft. I'm down for that.

How so? At middle LB we have, JMJ, Carder, Robertson, Fort, and the one known start in Jackson. Also Acho but who knows where he fits at. So small to play either LB spot. How does letting one reserve MLB go mean a big FA signing?

I still don't get this about Browns fans. Either the that 4th round pick plays like a pro bowler, or he is a wasted pick. Last time I checked teams should feel happy if a 4th rounder turns into a good 2nd teamer.

How so? At middle LB we have, JMJ, Carder, Robertson, Fort, and the one known start in Jackson. Also Acho but who knows where he fits at. So small to play either LB spot. How does letting one reserve MLB go mean a big FA signing?

I still don't get this about Browns fans. Either the that 4th round pick plays like a pro bowler, or he is a wasted pick. Last time I checked teams should feel happy if a 4th rounder turns into a good 2nd teamer.

OK now, at times I get confused about which of these LBs play where. Lets take each LB on the roster now and determine where he plays:

DQ Jackson ILB

Kruger OLB

Gocong?

Fort?

Acho?

JM Johnson?

Groves?

Robertson?

Carder?

Moten?

Fujita? (or is it official that he retired...he still is on the Browns official roster)

OK now, at times I get confused about which of these LBs play where. Lets take each LB on the roster now and determine where he plays:

DQ Jackson ILB

Kruger OLB

Gocong: Can play both. Been mentioned as playing OLB this time around

Fort: Middle

Acho: 4-3 OLB. Have no idea how he fits in a 3-4

JM Johnson: MLB

Groves: OLB

Robertson: MLB

Carder: MLB

Moten?: IDK

Fujita?: Contract Expired(or is it official that he retired...he still is on the Browns official roster)

DQ Jackson ILB

Kruger OLB

Gocong: Can play both. Been mentioned as playing OLB this time around

Fort: Middle

Acho: 4-3 OLB. Have no idea how he fits in a 3-4

JM Johnson: MLB

Groves: OLB

Robertson: MLB

Carder: MLB

Moten?: IDK

Fujita?: Contract Expired(or is it official that he retired...he still is on the Browns official roster)

So, right now, the ONLY OLBs we have on the roster are Kruger, Groves, the maybe Gocong, and the unproven Acho. And haven't most projected Groves as basically a backup type talent (and imo Gocong is the same)?

So, is it still a fair statement that this team still needs another quality, starting OLB to play opposite Kruger in the 3-4? And that the OLBs like Jarvis Jones or Dion Jordan should by all means still be on the Browns radar with that #6 pick?

Sheard and Kruger are the OLBs. DQ and ? on the inside, I'm assuminng that is Gocong at this point, if he is healthy and we keep him. We need tons of depth at the position in the 3-4, I think Groves and Karder would be the main backups, with Gocong swinging inside and out, and Robertson, Johnson and Fort fighting in camp for increased roles.

Of course we haven't drafted yet, either.

But our front seven is SO much better and deeper than it was three days ago.

Zombo

I didn't say that it was going to be a "big" FA signing nor did I say that anyone on the roster at LB lacks talent. Personally, I feel that another senior mentor-type alongside Jackson would be invaluable. The upside at LB is incredibly high right now, and an additional piece to the LB depth chart makes sense especially after letting go of Maiava. Let's not forget that Maiava started a significant amount of games last year as well, so reserve LB I think not.

PFF loved Maiava for some reason. In my opinion that just goes to show that their player ranking system doesn't always tell the ground truth.

Maiava was poor in coverage, pursuit and block shedding last season. Maybe it's because his role increased, but that's what I saw. That's likely what Horton saw, too, and let him walk

Maybe it was because he was out of place as a 4-3 OLB. Played well in the ILB spot in the 3-4.

Archived