THE BROWNS BOARD

Kellen Davis Te

bigbaddawgjr

Was signed today for a 1 year contract. He played in chicago last year. Only news I can see was he is more of a blocking TE.

7 Tds over last two years, caught 19 balls last year, so I think they see him as more than a blocker. 6'7, could be a good end zone target.

Zombo

Apparently he is known to Bears fans for dropping a lot of passes ... so he's got that going for him.

Browns probably see an upside ... great size.

Dec. 23, 2012; Glendale, AZ, USA: Chicago Bears tight end Kellen Davis (87) against the Arizona Cardinals at University of Phoenix Stadium. The Bears defeated the Cardinals 28-13. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

The Cleveland Browns have been actively involved in discussions with a number of the tight ends on the free agent market, but they have not made much noise with their signings at the position despite a large amount of space left under the salary cap. While today’s signing shouldn’t and won’t be considered a splash, they have added a talent to the position.

Cleveland signed former Chicago Bears tight end Kellen Davis to a deal. Pro Football Talk passed along the news:

Terms of the deal have not been disclosed.

Davis is best known by Chicago Bears fans as an under achiever and a player that has a serious case of the dropsies. If you ask a Bears fan about the signing, they are happy he is gone and feel sorry for Cleveland fans. The Browns will hope that can all change a

nd he can develop into the receiving threat he appeared to be coming out of college and provide a safety net for young signal-caller Brandon Weeden.

http://fansided.com/2013/03/22/cleveland-browns-sign-kellen-davis/

Apparently he is known to Bears fans for dropping a lot of passes ... so he's got that going for him.

Browns probably see an upside ... great size.

Dec. 23, 2012; Glendale, AZ, USA: Chicago Bears tight end Kellen Davis (87) against the Arizona Cardinals at University of Phoenix Stadium. The Bears defeated the Cardinals 28-13. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

The Cleveland Browns have been actively involved in discussions with a number of the tight ends on the free agent market, but they have not made much noise with their signings at the position despite a large amount of space left under the salary cap. While today’s signing shouldn’t and won’t be considered a splash, they have added a talent to the position.

Cleveland signed former Chicago Bears tight end Kellen Davis to a deal. Pro Football Talk passed along the news:

Terms of the deal have not been disclosed.

Davis is best known by Chicago Bears fans as an under achiever and a player that has a serious case of the dropsies. If you ask a Bears fan about the signing, they are happy he is gone and feel sorry for Cleveland fans. The Browns will hope that can all change a

nd he can develop into the receiving threat he appeared to be coming out of college and provide a safety net for young signal-caller Brandon Weeden.

http://fansided.com/2013/03/22/cleveland-browns-sign-kellen-davis/

If the guy can't hang onto the ball, after several years in the league expect no better. Strictly blocking TE.

Everything I've read about the guy is he has potential to be awesome but just hasn't lived up to it. I typically don't like these types of signings but you never know. Maybe Norv and Chud will find the right buttons to push and if not he can ride the pine. I'm assuming this isn't a big money deal too. He certainly has the frame to be good.

Sounds like Bears fans are happy to see this guy leave. I hope we use him as a backup or blocking in short yardage situations. I hate the idea of another guy with bad hands on this team. I'm sick of drops around here and we were looking good on all accounts until this signing.

Archived