THE BROWNS BOARD

Dumervil To Ratbirds

why cant we win

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9092852/elvis-dumervil-agrees-deal-baltimore-ravens-source

Elvis Dumervil has agreed to a multiyear contract with the Baltimore Ravens.

A league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that Dumervil's agreement is for five seasons and worth $35 million, including $8.5 million in Year 1.

The star defensive end's agreement with Baltimore was earlier reported by the Denver Post.

Dumervil became a free agent earlier this month after he was released by the Denver Broncos when paperwork for his reworked contract didn't make it back in time to the team. He had agreed to reduce his salary from $12 million to $8 million for next season.

The Broncos had made other offers to re-sign Dumervil after his release.

"As we have from the start of this process, we worked diligently over the last week to find a way for Elvis Dumervil to remain a Denver Bronco. Although we made multiple contract offers to Elvis after being forced to release him, we were unable to reach an agreement and are now moving forward without him," Broncos executive vice president John Elway said in a statement.

"Elvis was a team captain and a talented player who made a great impact during his seven seasons in Denver. I appreciate all of his effort on the field and the work he did in the community. I wish Elvis all the best as he continues his NFL career," Elway said.

Dumervil signed a six-year, $61.5 million contract in 2010. He had 11 sacks last season, second on the team behind Von Miller. Dumervil led the league with 17 sacks in 2009.

He becomes a welcome addition to the Ravens, who have seen several key contributors to their Super Bowl victory leave this offseason.

Baltimore has released defensive back Bernard Pollard and guard Bobbie Williams, traded wide receiver Anquan Boldin to the 49ers, lost linebackers Dannell Ellerbe and Paul Kruger in free agency and watched linebacker Ray Lewis and center Matt Birk retire. Safety Ed Reed has signed a three year contract with the Texans.

dam!

lol your calling one of your former players garbage basically lol ?? lol bet you wouldnt be saying this if you resigned kruger for 41 and let flacco walk

Yeah everyone in Baltimore was real mad that we let a guy who showed for 8 games his whole career go to The Factory of Sadness for 41 mil! Unlike Clev Balt knows how to run a franchise.

wait we dont know how to run a franchise but yet you let reed kruger elerbe Pollard williams walk and traded away your best offensive weapon.... great thinking win your super bowl and blow up your team for an average qb lol that was led by that superior defense that you just let walk away

kill me now but i kinda agree with this dumbass ravens fan. kruger only played sparringly and in 3rd down pass rush situations. we need him to be an every down back.

when he does that and puts up his #s then you can stick it to this douchenag.

my thought is though how could the ratbirds dol out this kinda loot when they had to cut half their team in the first place because of cap issues?

somebody needs to check their books.

In 2014 the Ravens already have $71 million in salary earmarked for just 6 players- Suggs, Ngata, Flacco, Yanda, Webb and Rice. And since the team is slotting just $2.5 mil of Dumervil’s contract for cap purposes in 2013, that means this new contract will have major cap escalations in out years that will make it very difficult to field a very good team in 2014 and 2015.

Ozzie should know better than to defer cap hits to future years. He’s falling into the Mike Wallace/Miami Dolphin trap. In two years, 20% of Baltimore’s cap will go to paying this one and Flacco. I thought Ozzie was smarter than that, but I guess when you lose NINE starters off your team, ya gotta do something to save a little face. This face saving will end up costing him big time.

Yeah everyone in Baltimore was real mad that we let a guy who showed for 8 games his whole career go to The Factory of Sadness for 41 mil! Unlike Clev Balt knows how to run a franchise.

Takes nuts to say that when the blueprint to run that organization was formed in Cleveland. What pretentious douchbag.

Takes nuts to say that when the blueprint to run that organization was formed in Cleveland. What pretentious douchbag.

Ah your still on of those guys that thinks Balt has anything to do with Cleveland. Get over it buddy, we are not your team as much as you wish we were. If Balt would follow this blueprint you speak of then no way we have 2 SB's in 12 seasons, we would be battling you for 4th place and a top draft pick every year. We would have overpaid for Kruger, drafted a 40yr old QB and switch coaches and Mngt every year. No we created a blueprint in Baltimore for winning and thank our FO for not running our franchise anything like what you guys watch happen every year.

Ah your still on of those guys that thinks Balt has anything to do with Cleveland. Get over it buddy, we are not your team as much as you wish we were. If Balt would follow this blueprint you speak of then no way we have 2 SB's in 12 seasons, we would be battling you for 4th place and a top draft pick every year. We would have overpaid for Kruger, drafted a 40yr old QB and switch coaches and Mngt every year. No we created a blueprint in Baltimore for winning and thank our FO for not running our franchise anything like what you guys watch happen every year.

see now you are being a fuckface, ya won. congrats. now STFU.

this is off-season chat on a browns board...for you to be here is beyond coontism. why don't you worry about feedin the wire dog before comin in here to talk shit?

go fuck yourself.

Kruger played the first half of last season with a back injury. When his back healed, his explosion returned -- and not shockingly, that's when he started getting sacks. But hey, Blatimore trollers, keep thinking Kruger sucks.

Incidentally, I lived in Baltimore last season: Suggs was absolute crap until the first round of the playoffs because his injury wasn't actually healed. He wasn't "drawing the attention" from teams [and therefore leaving Kruger to get sacks] because Suggs was barely a replacement-level player.

I think what was being said is the your front office is led by Ozzie Newsome, who came from Cleveland.

This blueprint, as you call it, was written in Cleveland by Belichick and Newsome and is still being carried out by Newsome ... whether you like it or not.

Don't get us wrong, it's impressive, and the guys that have been brought in to run Cleveland so far have done a crappy job to re-booting the franchise ... but you're still a dick, and your team's roots are still in Cleveland.

Zombo

And you keep telling yourself that $41mil for Kruger was a good deal

Paul Kruger has 14 career sacks. Dumervil has 63.5

Which to me says that Dumerville's best is behind him, and Kruger's best is yet to be seen.

So, from my point of view it is about 50/50 that you have yourselves the next Albert Haynesworth on your hands.

Archived