THE BROWNS BOARD

Kevin Barnes

BadNewsBrowns

Browns sign cornerback Kevin Barnes formerly with Redskins,Lions.

6'1 185 former 3rd round pick, 3 career ints

Apparently another B or C rated FA pickup. He does not show up on any of the top FA available lists that I have looked up.

It looks like the Browns are basically restocking all their special teams positions in this FA period.

Apparently another B or C rated FA pickup. He does not show up on any of the top FA available lists that I have looked up.

It looks like the Browns are basically restocking all their special teams positions in this FA period.

B or C is a little generous, played 14 snaps in two games with the Lions last season before being cut in September.

It seems the depth guys that we are signing are former second and third round draft picks that didn't pan out with their teams, but maybe Lombardi or Farmer had them rated pretty high coming out and want to give them another shot in Horton's defense or on special teams.

It's worth a shot. Makes no sense to complain about depth picks. If they make the roster and contribute, we in, if they don't ... oh well.

Zombo

Am I the only one that doesn't think Ray Horton is the second coming of Christ? Don't get me wrong, I think he will do ok.... But damn everyone on here is on the Horton train

Players around the league have nothing but good things to say about him. Which should be a good thing, right?

What if we brought in a guy that the players said "oh yeah, He's ok" or nothing at all?

This guy did have a decent 2011 season as a nickel corner, plus he was tried out at FS with Washington before he was traded. Maybe the Browns see some FS skills in this guy, as we could use an upgrade at that position. He has some talent and good size. I see no problem with this signing.

Seems like a waste of money to sign and pay a guy for camp fodder. Probably could of got him into camp or right before for peanuts.

Do you know something about this guys contract that I don't? I would assume he got league minimum and if he didn't it's not like any of it is guaranteed until the season actually starts.

Its should be interesting what the browns have on there minds for Barnes . As mentioned previously Barnes has been taking snaps at both the free safety and outside cornerback positions . I would think his development as a FS could work well in the new scheme .

Do you know something about this guys contract that I don't? I would assume he got league minimum and if he didn't it's not like any of it is guaranteed until the season actually starts.

Nope I know as much as you, and probably won't ever be able find the details on this guy.

Archived