THE BROWNS BOARD

2013 Schedule Predictions

brownfish

Besides the Patriots and Green Bay and our standard 6 division games I'm pretty happy with our schedule this year. Using certain star charts and Ouija board and a quarter looks like we will have a pretty good chance at a playoff run this year

Buffalo Bills WIN

New England Patriots WIN

Miami Dolphins LOSE

New York Jets LOSE

Chicago Bears WIN

Green Bay Packers LOSE

Detroit Lions LOSE

Minnesota Vikings WIN

Jacksonville Jaguars WIN

Baltimore Ravens WIN

Cincinnati Bengals WIN

Pittsburgh Steelers WIN

Kansas City Chiefs WIN

Cincinnati Bengals LOSE

Baltimore Ravens WIN

Pittsburgh Steelers LOSE

Beside the Ravens and Minnesota our secondary better show up to the rest or we will get torched...though i think Dee is overated at 6 Haden needs help. Imagine if Haden and Skrine get injured during OTAs and are out for the season.

10-6 not to shabby that's a 6 game improvement over last year. I so wish they would add two to 4 additional games a year. have a two week bye week in the middle of the season and then an extra bye week towards the end of the year. Increase the roster size by and additional 5 players and increase cap by an extra 10% and take away one or two preseason games then add a couple of non contact scrimmages and i would love it... unfortunately the players union and the teachers union are represented by the same people, they love time off. I guess i'm just jealous that my wife gets 110 paid days a year and i only get 8 weeks.

**the above schedule is not in chronological order since the NFL has not released that...or preseason(later today) so we could be playing the Bills and Miami at the end of the season instead of the begining as the above may indicate**

2014 & 2015 Schedule will be much more dificult.

Besides the Patriots and Green Bay and our standard 6 division games I'm pretty happy with our schedule this year. Using certain star charts and Ouija board and a quarter looks like we will have a pretty good chance at a playoff run this year

Buffalo Bills WIN

New England Patriots WIN

Miami Dolphins LOSE

New York Jets LOSE

Chicago Bears WIN

Green Bay Packers LOSE

Detroit Lions LOSE

Minnesota Vikings WIN

Jacksonville Jaguars WIN

Baltimore Ravens WIN

Cincinnati Bengals WIN

Pittsburgh Steelers WIN

Kansas City Chiefs WIN

Cincinnati Bengals LOSE

Baltimore Ravens WIN

Pittsburgh Steelers LOSE

Beside the Ravens and Minnesota our secondary better show up to the rest or we will get torched...though i think Dee is overated at 6 Haden needs help. Imagine if Haden and Skrine get injured during OTAs and are out for the season.

10-6 not to shabby that's a 6 game improvement over last year. I so wish they would add two to 4 additional games a year. have a two week bye week in the middle of the season and then an extra bye week towards the end of the year. Increase the roster size by and additional 5 players and increase cap by an extra 10% and take away one or two preseason games then add a couple of non contact scrimmages and i would love it... unfortunately the players union and the teachers union are represented by the same people, they love time off. I guess i'm just jealous that my wife gets 110 paid days a year and i only get 8 weeks.

You get 8 weeks paid vacation? Jesus, Mary, and Joseph what kind of a cake job do you have?

(Try running your own business like I do...you would get exactly zero -0- hours of paid vacation and zero -0- hours of holiday pay each year.)

And as someone whose wife works for a school system, I can pretty much tell you that your wife probably doesn't get 110 paid vacation days. What she has chosen to do is to spread her salary over the full year rather than take it over 9 months during school. That is not really paid vacation, that is just redistributing.

It's too early but I'll play, because I want to see how I change things after pre-season is over.

8-8

Buffalo Bills WIN

New England Patriots LOSS

Miami Dolphins WIN

New York Jets WIN

Chicago Bears LOSS

Green Bay Packers LOSS

Detroit Lions WIN

Minnesota Vikings LOSS

Jacksonville Jaguars WIN

Baltimore Ravens LOSS

Cincinnati Bengals WIN

Pittsburgh Steelers LOSS

Kansas City Chiefs WIN

Cincinnati Bengals LOSS

Baltimore Ravens WIN

Pittsburgh Steelers LOSS

You get 8 weeks paid vacation? Jesus, Mary, and Joseph what kind of a cake job do you have?

(Try running your own business like I do...you would get exactly zero -0- hours of paid vacation and zero -0- hours of holiday pay each year.)

And as someone whose wife works for a school system, I can pretty much tell you that your wife probably doesn't get 110 paid vacation days. What she has chosen to do is to spread her salary over the full year rather than take it over 9 months during school. That is not really paid vacation, that is just redistributing.

It's all based on salary so my 8 weeks include some saturdays and sundays...so in all reality, it kinda of sucks.

It's all based on salary so my 8 weeks include some saturdays and sundays...so in all reality, it kinda of sucks.

What exactly do you do?

There would normally be about 104 Saturdays and Sundays in a calendar year. How many of them do you get paid vacation for?

What exactly do you do?

There would normally be about 104 Saturdays and Sundays in a calendar year. How many of them do you get paid vacation for?

I'm a fluffer, so I don't ever want any vacation days

Buffalo Bills WIN

yes

New England Patriots WIN

seriously?

Miami Dolphins LOSE

miami is overrated

New York Jets LOSE

seriously?

Chicago Bears WIN

could go either way

Green Bay Packers LOSE

yes

Detroit Lions LOSE

you think we will beat the pats and lose to the lions?

Minnesota Vikings WIN

yes, if the run D is improved

Jacksonville Jaguars WIN

yes

Baltimore Ravens WIN

could go either way

Cincinnati Bengals WIN

could go either way

Pittsburgh Steelers WIN

yes

Kansas City Chiefs WIN

yes

Cincinnati Bengals LOSE

could go either way

Baltimore Ravens WIN

could go either way

Pittsburgh Steelers LOSE

I think we may sweep the steelers this year. They are old and were unimpressive last year.

**the above schedule is not in chronological order since the NFL has not released that...or preseason(later today) so we could be playing the Bills and Miami at the end of the season instead of the begining as the above may indicate**

way to early to predict these things without the draft and offseason workouts etc.

This type of thread is silly for the most part. Any fan of a team, that doesn't "predict" their team going 19-0 and winning the Lombardi trophy is questionable as a fan. That's what I predict the Steelers to do each and every year, and so far only a Dolphins fan can say that their prediction came true (in the Super Bowl era anyways). It doesn't matter, that in my heart of hearts, I know the Steelers don't have the horses to probably even make it to...I can't say it...I just can't say it. My prediction for 2013 is that the Steelers will draft higher in 2014 than anyone else in the AFC North (hopefully that comes about through a trade, sigh).

I just want to wake up the day after the first game and say HOLY SHIT we have won our opening game for once, and then not be pissed all week because we coulda shoulda done this or that to get the win.

way to early to predict these things without the draft and offseason workouts etc.

I get way better odds and payout from my bookie if I commit prior to camp starting...I'm talking 150/1 odds right now until like April 15th...if I wait after it goes back up to standard 125/1.

Buffalo Bills WIN

New England Patriots WIN

Miami Dolphins LOSE

New York Jets LOSE

Chicago Bears WIN

Green Bay Packers LOSE

Detroit Lions LOSE

Minnesota Vikings WIN

Jacksonville Jaguars WIN

Baltimore Ravens WIN

Cincinnati Bengals WIN

Pittsburgh Steelers WIN

Kansas City Chiefs WIN

Cincinnati Bengals LOSE

Baltimore Ravens WIN

Pittsburgh Steelers LOSE

Why not!

Buffalo Bills WIN

New England Patriots loss

Miami Dolphins Win

New York Jets Big Win

Chicago Bears Loss

Green Bay Packers LOSE

Detroit Lions Win

Minnesota Vikings WIN

Jacksonville Jaguars WIN

Baltimore Ravens WIN

Cincinnati Bengals WIN

Pittsburgh Steelers WIN

Kansas City Chiefs WIN

Cincinnati Bengals LOSE

Baltimore Ravens WIN

Pittsburgh Steelers WIN

Wow! How in the hell did that happen? The Browns finish 12-4. I must be on something. LOL

This type of thread is silly for the most part. Any fan of a team, that doesn't "predict" their team going 19-0 and winning the Lombardi trophy is questionable as a fan. That's what I predict the Steelers to do each and every year, and so far only a Dolphins fan can say that their prediction came true (in the Super Bowl era anyways). It doesn't matter, that in my heart of hearts, I know the Steelers don't have the horses to probably even make it to...I can't say it...I just can't say it. My prediction for 2013 is that the Steelers will draft higher in 2014 than anyone else in the AFC North (hopefully that comes about through a trade, sigh).

And I'm sure you realize Zombo predicts the Browns to win every game. I got out of the predicting business long ago, especially before the draft and training camp.

Seriously, injuries play a huge part of the W-L equation now, and no telling who the injury bug is going to bite.

In or out of the "Super Bowl" era only 2 teams have ever gone undefeated and untied in a season: those 1972 Dolphins (17-0) and the 1948 Browns (15-0). Two Bears teams ('34 and '42 i think) went undefeated during the regular season but lost the NFL title game. Pre-1933, i.e. pre-playoff system, a few teams did not have any losses, but had some ties: The 1920 Akron Pros, the 1922 Canton Bulldogs, the 1923 Canton Bulldogs and the 1929 Green Bay Packers.

I think it's difficult to say we'll definitely win any games in particular, but if you look at the matches, if we win the ones that are winnable - that is, not GB, NE, @Ravens - we can go 12-4 or 13-3. But winning every single one of those games is a big ask from a young and inconsistent team. With that in mind, you have to look at games as being in categories:

Probably lose - anything from these games is a bonus

Patriots

Packers

@Ravens

Winnable - we stand a decent chance of getting a favourable result, but the opponent is probably thinking the same thing

@Bengals

@Steelers

@Vikings

Ravens

@Miami

Bears

Should win - if we don't win these, we'll be drafting near the top again next year

@Jets

Bengals

Steelers

Lions

@Chiefs

Jaguars

Bills

So that's 7 games I'd be disappointed if we didn't win. Maybe you can see a few of them being close - we're unlikely to blow anyone out this season - but largely I'd expect at least 5 wins from those. On top of that, 6 games that could go either way, and if we play well we could win. So split those, 3-3. So the minimum from that schedule is probably 8-8. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that, with some improvement at QB and excellent coaching, play calling and a solid draft, we could go something more like 10-6 or 12-4. I wouldn't put my money on it though.

Buffalo Bills win

New England Patriots loss

Miami Dolphins win

New York Jets win

Chicago Bears loss

Green Bay Packers loss

Detroit Lions loss

Minnesota Vikings loss

Jacksonville Jaguars win

Baltimore Ravens win

Cincinnati Bengals loss

Pittsburgh Steelers win

Kansas City Chiefs loss

Cincinnati Bengals win

Baltimore Ravens win

Pittsburgh Steelers win

9 and 7 if weeds makes his throws and TR runs like an MVP.

low notes: getting swept by NFC north in a 4 game skid.

highlights: sweeping our division foes except fo a hiccup against the bungles 3 weeks prior. i think cincy will have more losses in division meaning we win it. steelers and ravens take big steps back.

if our players play up to their ability and our coaching is solid, i can see the playoffs from here.

Archived