THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Looking At At Trade With The Dolphins

cambridgeho

Hearing that we gave up our 4th round pick for what I'm guessing will be our #4 or #5 WR. Little, Gordon, Benjamin followed by Bess and David Nelson from Buffalo.

No he will be the #3 WR easily. He's got too much exp. to ride the pine... IMO GREAT pickup for us!

Would have been pissed if we gave up anything ahead of our final 5th rounder. Just swapping back a few spots in the 4th and 5th. I like the sound of that.

Shit that sounds like a flat out kick ass move for us!! I love that shit!!

Nice steal by the Browns, let's see what kind of money they pay him.

NFL Films piece on Bess from 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vA0cK_apuw&feature=youtu.be

Good stuff right there, a lot of those stories in sports. As for us getting him, he is a steal for what we did the trade for. I know A.J Green is a beast, but with gordon and Little and Wallace and Boldin leaving their teams, it looks like we have the best WR core now.

:) We have two veteran WR's in Jones and Bess and that isn't bad. I like the trade.

That's very impressive. Man, I hope he writes a book about it all...that would be great reading for a lot of kids

in poor neighborhoods, crime infested projects... great addition to the Browns.

The Leakin' Urinal compared him somewhat to Joe Jurevicius.....which is satisfactory to me.

With a lot more speed!

So where does Travis Benjamin equate in all of this... cut? This guy may not be as fast but his field vision and route running is way better. Plus we have Nelson and for the time being 5 udfa for camp fodder. Haven't seen this many wr's on our squad in a... well.. ever.

With a lot more speed!

So where does Travis Benjamin equate in all of this... cut? This guy may not be as fast but his field vision and route running is way better. Plus we have Nelson and for the time being 5 udfa for camp fodder. Haven't seen this many wr's on our squad in a... well.. ever.

Yes, we have a number of players that are what you call "camp fodder". Nevertheless, often that camp fodder works out. Just last year didn't we have T. Gipson and LJ Fort....or Craig Robertson come out of that camp fodder?

Link

He has been in the top 3 of 3rd down conversion catches every year as a pro and we gave up a pick we would probably cut anyways.

I think this has been the best move this off season so far. Little and Gordon, and now this dude. Awesome pickup.

Last year he had 48, 3rd down catches. 17 receptions for 210 yards for first downs. Yea his scoring stats don't reflect it, because he is not a red zone receiver, he was thrown to TWICE, in the OPP 19-goal line. This guy will keep the drive alive. Something Weeden and the Browns struggled with. Sure we had some nice bomb TD down the field, but when you are playing the Ravens and Stoolers, you need to get those tough short yards for MORE chances down field.

Bengals: AJ Green is a beast, but they have never had anyone on the other side of him.. and now their #2 wr is a TE.

Ravens: Torrey Smith is a beast, but now their #2 and #3 receivers are TE's.

Steelers: After Sanders and Brown, do they even have any WR's signed?

What is your question? How do the teams in the AFC North stack up against each other at the WR position after this draft/FA period?

Good question.....why don't you answer it.

I like the trade because the browns didn't give up anything remotely notable, and the important part is that we were able to get quality picks in the 7th. i don't remember whether the OL or the DL was the pick we received in the 7th from this trade, but both players we took in the 7th have the tools to stick on the roster and start next year.

ColdHardFootball is another good analysis website.

Link

He has been in the top 3 of 3rd down conversion catches every year as a pro and we gave up a pick we would probably cut anyways.

I think this has been the best move this off season so far. Little and Gordon, and now this dude. Awesome pickup.

Last year he had 48, 3rd down catches. 17 receptions for 210 yards for first downs. Yea his scoring stats don't reflect it, because he is not a red zone receiver, he was thrown to TWICE, in the OPP 19-goal line. This guy will keep the drive alive. Something Weeden and the Browns struggled with. Sure we had some nice bomb TD down the field, but when you are playing the Ravens and Stoolers, you need to get those tough short yards for MORE chances down field.

very nice and i agree this is my favorite pickup in the draft as well. benji and cribbs sucked in the slot position they seemed to just go through the motions and that was it. if the play called for a 10yd curl they would do a 10yd curl and that was it. the good slot wr's kinda free lance it if need be to get open or to draw the safety off of a double team or run to the open part of the field. But the qb has to be competent enough to read this as well. If weeds can get it together we should be exciting to watch this year and years to come.

Archived