THE BROWNS BOARD

Syria

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Russia Arms Syria with Their Most Advanced Anti-Ship Missiles

v rocket launchers v

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Wd-NTv2H-u8

But of most immediate concern for the U.S. military are the anti-ship missiles which Syria has reportedly acquired.

so there you go... an attack on Syria is an attack on Russia too!

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/09/russia-arms-syria-advanced-anti-ship-missiles/#J77UaFoFAqXQ2QpZ.01

People also seem to forget the run up to the Iraq festivities in 2002. Anyone who said they were against

invading Iraq, or even expressed doubt about invading was labeled 'unpatriotic', 'an appeaser', or if they

were really being a pain in the ass, a 'traitor'. Does anyone remember 'Saddam is responsible for 9/11',

warnings about mushroom clouds, etc.? It was only after we weren't greeted with flowers in the streets

of Baghdad, after Bush cut taxes and started borrowing money from China rather than selling Iraqi oil to

pay for the war, after photographs of planes full of flag-draped coffins were banned, that people finally

started to publicly opine that maybe invading Iraq wasn't such a great idea. Am I the only one who remembers

any of this?

Syria is a black hole. Hezbollah is backing Assad and al Quaida is backing the rebels. Who shall we team

up with? The problem is Obama doesn't seem to know his ass from third base. With all the waffling, the

red lines in the sand, the indecision, nothing he says now will be viewed credibly by any of the main players.

If it was always about kissing Israels ass, then from the beginning Obama should have just said so--if you

want to kill each other, fine. If you fuck with Israel there will be hell to pay. But, nothing Obama says now

will be taken seriously by Assad, by the rebels, by Putin.

It does amuse me, in a frightening sort of way, how McCain, Graham, and their ilk are pissing themselves

because we haven't invaded. The wanted us to invade Iran, Egypt, and now Syria. You would think that at

some point our elected "leaders" would perhaps look at U.S. intervention history in the Middle East over the

past 40 years and realize that we are pretty much hated by everyone there.

Syria is lose-lose. Nothing the U.S. does, short of dropping a nuke, is going to ever matter in Syria. Peace is not

going to break out. There is not going to be an outbreak of Jeffersonian democracy. They have been killing

each other for centuries and they aren't about to stop now.

Six in 10 Oppose U.S.-Only Strike on Syria; A Closer Division if Allies are Involved

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/09/six-in-10-oppose-u-s-only-strike-on-syria-a-closer-division-if-allies-are-involved/

. john-boehner-crying-350x350.jpg

LindseyGrahamScowl.jpg

s-JOHN-MCCAIN-large.jpg

I worked in DC and hate it with a passion. These guys are all out of touch with reality they have been there so long. Time for some new blood.

U.S intervention? more like U.S ulterior motives, they'll do & say anything to push their agenda.

How about this one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nayirah_%28testimony%29

This Goverment is completely corrupted, be it Democrat or Republcan, and they've got all the Sheep convinced they're good little Americans to never question them as a whole, only one particular side, doing so of course like you said is unpatriotic. Let's get real they're all a bunch of liars & whores and don't work for the citizens at all.

This Syria crap is really bad, like WW3 bad.

U.S intervention? more like U.S ulterior motives, they'll do & say anything to push their agenda.

How about this one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nayirah_%28testimony%29

This Goverment is completely corrupted, be it Democrat or Republcan, and they've got all the Sheep convinced they're good little Americans to never question them as a whole, only one particular side, doing so of course like you said is unpatriotic. Let's get real they're all a bunch of liars & whores and don't work for the citizens at all.

This Syria crap is really bad, like WW3 bad.

+1.

Preach on, my brother.

Military solution in Syria would be futile, Pope tells G20

d0c3eb8ca18907492a4b337b5cec5193.jpeg

Philip Pullella 2 hours ago

2013-09-05T133932Z_1_CBRE98411XZ00_RTROP

View gallery

Pope Francis listens to a speech during a private audience with Baselios Mar Thoma Paulose II, Catholicos …

By Philip Pullella

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Pope Francis, in a letter to Russian President Vladimir Putin for the G20 summit, urged world leaders on Thursday to "lay aside the futile pursuit of a military solution" in Syria.

The United States and France are considering military action against Damascus in response to a chemical attack on August 21 that killed hundreds of people.

The Vatican released the letter as the Holy See briefed ambassadors about the pope's initiatives, including an unprecedented international day of prayer for peace in Syria which he has called for this Saturday.

The U.S. and French envoys were among some 70 envoys at Thursday's meeting with Archbishop Dominique Mamberti, the Vatican's foreign minister.

"It is regrettable that, from the very beginning of the conflict in Syria, one-sided interests have prevailed and in fact hindered the search for a solution that would have avoided the senseless massacre now unfolding," the pope said.

"To the (G20) leaders present, to each and every one, I make a heartfelt appeal for them to help find ways to overcome the conflicting positions and to lay aside the futile pursuit of a military solution."

He said the international community should instead press for "a peaceful solution through dialogue and negotiation".

G20 host Putin is trying to talk U.S. President Barack Obama out of air strikes to punish President Bashar al-Assad for the chemical weapons attack, which the West blames on the Syrian government. Assad's government denies it was responsible.

In the letter, Francis, the former Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Argentina, asked the Russian president to pray for him.

Putin always attends major religious festivals of the Russian Orthodox Church and has deepened his ties with the Church in recent years as part of a conservative course he has taken as president to rally voters behind him following street protests by the opposition.

The Vatican has been pressing its message on Syria all week since the pope announced his peace initiative last Sunday.

The Holy See's deputy justice minister said the Syrian conflict had "all the ingredients" to spark a global conflict and the leader of the worldwide Jesuit order said a military intervention by the United States or France would be "an abuse of power".

Francis has called on the world's 1.2 billion Roman Catholics to join him on Saturday in a day of prayer and fasting to end the Syrian conflict. He has invited members of all faiths to join him around the world in whatever way they see fit.

He will lead a prayer service in St Peter's Square expected to draw tens of thousands of people. At about five hours, it will be one of the longest events ever at the Vatican.

(Additional reporting by Timothy Heritage in St Petersburg, editing by Barry Moody and Mark Trevelyan)

Kosar, I agree that could be a possibility. This country has gone down hill rapidly in the past year or less. Russia and China back Syria. Iran also. Obama is playing around with shit he should just leave alone. We have no business interfering with the Syrians. I firmly believe it was the rebels who set off the nerve agents they probably captured.

Yep. This is whats scary...our clueless leaders. Putin was correct is stating that the use of chemical weapons by Syria on its own people was "nonsense".

The rebels had previously taken over and occupied a Syrian military compound that stored chemical weapons. It was the rebels that were responsible. It is possible that the attack was meant to kill Syrian troops, not civilians, simply because Syrian troops were stationed nearby.

Why kill civilians?... there was nothing in it for Assad. Why fire these weapons near the vicinity of his own troops?

I believe Obama knows exactly who fired the weapons. He is so hellbent on Islam, and wants approval from congress to protect his ass should this fucker start WW3.

What's hysterical is that Obama got a Nobel Peace Prize after being in office for only a few months. Hadn't accomplished a fucking thing. The world was in love with the man of change, the Anti-Christ.

Funny thing is, based on the other thread, you probably seriously believe he is the anti-Christ.. bringing on end times as you wait to get ruptured

Funny thing is, based on the other thread, you probably seriously believe he is the anti-Christ.. bringing on end times as you wait to get ruptured

I was wondering if/when you would pop your head in here. You haven't had a single damn thing to say in this thread on Syria, which is the #1 most important thing happening in the entire world right now. You jump on the chance to belittle somebody for hating Obama and calling him the anti-christ, but you haven't had a single thing to say on this entire topic. This is why nobody here takes you seriously.

I was wondering if/when you would pop your head in here. You haven't had a single damn thing to say in this thread on Syria, which is the #1 most important thing happening in the entire world right now. You jump on the chance to belittle somebody for hating Obama and calling him the anti-christ, but you haven't had a single thing to say on this entire topic. This is why nobody here takes you seriously.

I usually don't jump in on this board's hate fests. I also just started back up at school, so I care even less what's going on over here.

I would have insulted him no matter who he called the anti-christ. I didn't comment because he insulted Obama, idc. I insulted him because he probably legitimately believes that the anti-christ is a real thing and a threat to him...

I actually had to get our online computer worked on virus and hijack wise by a newer, better equipped pc guy.

Stupid Norton.

So, about Syria, let me get this straight:

Iran and Hezbollah are threatening members of the families of the US gov, overseas, and threatening

a daughter of the ObaMao's with kidnapping and rape.

Really psychotic, sick stuff. And, Hezbollah in Syria has taken the side of the Syrian gov, fighting the rebels,

a large contingent of which, is Syrian al-kaida factions.

And, like I stated earlier, it was reported that the rebels got their hands on chem weapons, and had an accident with them,

and now other reports are, that it was the rebels who used them.

So, Obamao wants to bomb the bleep out of the Syrian gov....WHY ?

Sounds very much to me, like the usual dumbass arrogant knee jerking for political gain by Obamao. Seriously.

They want a one muslim nation, comprised of all the arabic nations over there. This makes no sense, for us to

get involved in this civil war.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/05/iran-threatens-brutal-attacks-on-americans-obama-family-if-us-hits-syria/

http://abcnews.go.com/International/hezbollah-al-qaeda-fighters-edging-closer-confrontation/story?id=19144119

1. There are no good guys in this fight.

2. I can see it having no threat to the US - therefore no true constitutional justification (like that matters anymore)

3. We have been meddling and installing new regimes in the middle east since the 1950s. Ever since the powers that be decided that getting that dirty old crude oil from them was easier than drilling here. Both Republican and Democrat presidents have screwed the pooch.

4. For me, leaving Assad alone has another benefit. Assad is a tyrant that allows those not of his faith to live in Syria. Mubarak in Egypt was a despot who left the Coptic Christians in Egypt live. Let's examine how removing Mubarek has worked out.

5. Stop beating the war drums about Iran. How many thousands of years has it been since the Persians attacked anyone outside of their country? If Iran and Israel want to duke it out I say let's step back and let them.

6. Revisit point #3. If we end dependency on middle east oil, then our interest (other than the pro Israel lobby) goes away.

7. There are no good guys in this fight.

8. And Iraq looks kinda like a big mistake at this point - and as more US military pulls out, the further it destabilizes.

9. Those that fail to learn the lessons of history, even post 2001 history, are doomed to make the same mistakes. As Einstein would tell you, insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting a different result.

10. Browns fan tie in. See #9. Thinking you'll be the leader that straitens this out is like Mangini thinking he is the one who, after the failure of Romeo Crennel, could make Derrick Anderson or Brady Quinn into a NFL starting quarterback.

11. There are no good guys in this fight.

#9 reference- Chud / wheezy

point 4 - no Mubarek, no peace for the coptic christians....

but that is happening already in Syria for the christians in the middle of Assads regime and the rebels

Hell,its like that in Israel too, but without extreme predjudice... like death

I usually don't jump in on this board's hate fests. I also just started back up at school, so I care even less what's going on over here.

I would have insulted him no matter who he called the anti-christ. I didn't comment because he insulted Obama, idc. I insulted him because he probably legitimately believes that the anti-christ is a real thing and a threat to him...

Horse shit. You constantly jump into every hate fest to hate on anyone that doesn't agree with your deluded leftist utopia nonsense. Someone believes in god? You hate on it. Someone doesn't love gays? You're right there to hate on it. Don't piss on everyone's leg and try to claim it's raining.

Yet how long did it take for them to acknowledge the fuckups in Benghazi?

^ bump

1 year anniversary... http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/11/1-year-later-families-have-few-answers-on-benghazi-attack/

One day after the 2012 attack, Obama told the country that “we will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act.”

-PAXP-deijE.gif

090913_al_benghazi_640.jpg?ve=1

Archived