THE BROWNS BOARD

Stadium Remodeling, New Player Intros, And Wiener Dog Races. The New Cleveland Browns Experience

tampadawgs

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And here is another link....the Browns Stadium ranked 28th in "team atmosphere" among the 32 teams......but get this: the reason was because Browns Stadium is considered one of the most hostile toward opposing teams fans.

I would say that is that is a reason to rank the Browns stadium as low in team atmosphere then Hallefuckinglujah.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/specials/fansurvey/2008/stadium.html#browns

The top 4 "most hostile" fans:

1. Eagles

2. Raiders

3. Jets

4. Browns

We simply disagree. I think it is horrile the way some fans act. This is America. You can root for any team you wish. These people come to YOUR town to spend money.

Quit acting like assholes is my attitude.

You are a friend.....but saying we should promote a hostile enviornment towards other fans goes againt my grain.

It's not their fault our team usually sucks and they are walking away happy and we aren't.

If I owned the Browns I would pay undercover cops to walk around in the opposing teams jersey. If assulted, you understand what happens next....the asshole is thrown in the clink and faces a trial date. Walk them through the Muni lot...around the grounds of the stadium before and after games.

Soon enough, the idiots won't know if it is a fan they can outnumber or a cop they just tossed a beer towards.

FUCK THEM is my attitude.

i totally agree. the days of hooliganism at american sports stadium should have been long gone decades ago.

there was a tragic story here about a year ago where a couple of guys wearing rangers hockey jerseys were outside some famous philly cheese steak stand (of course in philly) after a hockey game and got jumped by like 5 guys in flyer jerseys and pummeled half to death. one WAS an off-duty NYC cop who got beat. and believe me both police forces from both cities put forth a monumental manhunt for the scumbags.

they haven't found the guys yet but what was funny (not really) was people stood around and video taped the whole thing on their smart phones. let's see: go help the guys or scream "here come the cops" or stand by and watch someone get kicked in the head 50 times and film it to post on youfaggintube? hmmm.

like i said in my previous post. what a bunch of pussy faggots this country has bred. mob mentality. if one of these assholes was by himself i guaranfuckingtee you he wouldn't have said or did anything.

anybody like that or condones that shit should be hit by a speeding 18 wheeler. then we can pay some schlub to mop the waste of humanity off the fucking street or wash him into the sewer.

twittering is for twats.

why not just go to starbucks on sunday while the game is being played and 'twit' away?

what a country of fags this has become.

thanks technology for bullshit like twitter and facebook. i like to keep updated on when kim kardashian takes it up the ass.

I'm not crazy about it either but as a marketer if you don't use facebook or Twitter you're just dumb. It's arguably the best metric for the young adult audience out there. I work at a university and our strong social media prescence gets us butts in the seats aka money to spend.

I don't know why they would cater to bringing families to games.....or, actually, I do. If you bring your snot nosed brats, they will want you to buy them hot dogs, pop, souvenirs etc. etc. If just an adult male goes to a game they are far more likely to be like me: they will do their eating and drinking before the game at a tailgate. They ain't gonna buy no souvenirs because they will have already bought their gear at a far more discounted price than they sell them at in the stadium.

...Bingo. I haven't been to many Browns game but also most places to face painting, balloons etc. Say what you will but it's smart business.

I'm not crazy about it either but as a marketer if you don't use facebook or Twitter you're just dumb. It's arguably the best metric for the young adult audience out there. I work at a university and our strong social media prescence gets us butts in the seats aka money to spend.

yes, you are correct and it pains me to say it.

i'm now retired from an industry that doesn't need 'like us' from facebook or 'follow us' on twitter, they are the ones that take all your polls average them out and depending what market they are going after decide how to sell your product.

now i do my own graphics and printing as a hobby to keep me busy and from not going insane. but damned if every wholesale distributor or online store i buy supplies from doesn't somehow have a 'find us on facebook and like us' banner.

really? who's counting? yep some intern at young & rubicam is. back in the day we actually sent people out with pen and paper to ask them ?'s. i guess it's easier this way for that age bracket to gleen their tastes and styles etc. but if they want get info from a guy like me, it ain't coming from twitter or facebook. you gotta catch me at the right time on the street and have something to offer in return for my opinion.

like a cocktail at the nearest blarney stone will do.

Am I wrong, or is that stuff on the Browns from years and years ago? This belligerent acting out towards fans of

other teams, ...for NO good reason.... is bs. That isn't part of the idea of going to see a game. I agree with 'Peen...

And, There's a difference between "Pittsburg SUCKS", and telling a trouble-making squeeler fan to go to hell,

and drunkenly trying to bean innocent fans of other teams with batteries, and starting fights, and throwing beer.

Yep. Lock them up. "Hostile" doesn't have to mean "violent and/or seriously trouble-making".

Am I wrong, or is that stuff on the Browns from years and years ago? This belligerent acting out towards fans of

other teams, ...for NO good reason.... is bs. That isn't part of the idea of going to see a game. I agree with 'Peen...

And, There's a difference between "Pittsburg SUCKS", and telling a trouble-making squeeler fan to go to hell,

and drunkenly trying to bean innocent fans of other teams with batteries, and starting fights, and throwing beer.

Yep. Lock them up. "Hostile" doesn't have to mean "violent and/or seriously trouble-making".

yes.

the security at any american sporting event must be ten-fold of what it was in the 80's.

if someone is making an ass of themselves on either side of either team, it's easy enough to just get the attention of security and get the bum(s) outta there.

just cuz a guy spends $300 for two tickets in a good section does not give him/her the right to ruin the sunday experience for those within shouting distance. and if they're season ticket holders revoke their seats with no refund.

see ya!

Who would ever want to buy and drink Budweiser beer anyway? At the tailgate you can bring some decent microbrew beer, like your Great Lakes or Hoppin' Frog. Or Guinness. Or if you don't tailgate, go to the Hard Rock for the brunch before the game....all you can eat for about the price of two stadium hot dogs. If you get hungry during the game then you didn't eat enough at the brunch.

^+1

A lot of people, apparently. Anheuser-Busch sells enough Bud\Bud Lite every year to float a battleship in it, but I digress. If my math is correct, about 1.8 BILLION gallons worth.

Guess you and me have higher standards than the general populace. There's no way in hell I'm shelling out $7.25 for a damn lite beer- there's no shortage of people that will- go figure. If you hunt really hard, you can find 16 ounce Labatt's or even Warsteiner. They keep it well hidden though. Don't want the natives getting too drunk at the game, don't ya know?

OTOH- last season they were offering a Bloody Mary Bar (with a fairly generous pour of Absolut vodka) for the same price as a Bud Lite. One guess where my booze $$$ got spent. :)

Been to many games where people wear the opposing team colors. Went to a Browns/Eagles game and there were about 25 Eagle Fans a few rows in front of us giving people the finger, taunting, etc. Security sent some 400 pound Deputies down and everything calmed down. Now, if you want to wear the opposing team jersey, fine. Just don't be an asshole and rub it in when there are a bunch of drunken fans pissed off at losing.

First off let's take issue with the fact that this moronic marketing guy is getting advice from Twitter???? Great hire Browns. As a marketing professional who started in research this just pisses me off! Anybody who knows anything about marketing research knows you do research using a representative sample. Twitter users do not mirror the population. They are younger and more likely NOT to be people who can afford to attend Browns games.

I like that they are trying but they surely seem misguided in their efforts. The change in music for one is ridiculous as Cleveland is a rock n' roll town so all music played should be rock n' roll. If somebody wants pop, rap or some other kind of crap music cheer for the Bengals instead.

A drum line? Really? Likely the all female drum line will not be hot or scantily clad so who cares.

Pyrotechnics could be cool if they are used for scores and not just introductions.

So HMMMM, Hot Chicks, Pyrotechnics, and new music it is obvious their sample is shit.

I agree with others though with just WIN and that would be a good start.

IDIOTS!

Almost.

In the end, the best atmosphere is the BUZZ that surrounds the stadium on game day. The best way to create that is to win games. We don't have that buzz because we haven't won since our return, and for many fans, the Browns post return is all they have ever really known. A 30 year old might have been 11-12 when the Browns moved.

I understand wanting to create more atmosphere in the stadium. You make more money if people are in the stadium, and you want families. Those are future fans and they want something from the gift stands. Teams have to find ways to offer value added. I liked the idea of a hosted tailgate in the stadium. I think you would attract a bunch of people if you offered 2 dogs and 2-3 beers for $10 or so.

It's about the buzz....win and it will return.

We simply disagree. I think it is horrile the way some fans act. This is America. You can root for any team you wish. These people come to YOUR town to spend money.

Quit acting like assholes is my attitude.

You are a friend.....but saying we should promote a hostile enviornment towards other fans goes againt my grain.

It's not their fault our team usually sucks and they are walking away happy and we aren't.

If I owned the Browns I would pay undercover cops to walk around in the opposing teams jersey. If assulted, you understand what happens next....the asshole is thrown in the clink and faces a trial date. Walk them through the Muni lot...around the grounds of the stadium before and after games.

Soon enough, the idiots won't know if it is a fan they can outnumber or a cop they just tossed a beer towards.

Honestly, I am not in favor of Browns fans getting in the face of opposing teams fans. I also suspect that this SI poll is more reputation than reality. I am sure there are isolated incidents of fan hostilities, but for the most part I think Browns fans are pretty cordial to fans of other teams....except maybe Steeler fans :lol: .

But....to, to me, it is still absurd to downgrade a teams stadium experience because the home town fans do not open their arms and sing Kumbaya with the opponents fans.

yes, you are correct and it pains me to say it.

i'm now retired from an industry that doesn't need 'like us' from facebook or 'follow us' on twitter, they are the ones that take all your polls average them out and depending what market they are going after decide how to sell your product.

now i do my own graphics and printing as a hobby to keep me busy and from not going insane. but damned if every wholesale distributor or online store i buy supplies from doesn't somehow have a 'find us on facebook and like us' banner.

really? who's counting? yep some intern at young & rubicam is. back in the day we actually sent people out with pen and paper to ask them ?'s. i guess it's easier this way for that age bracket to gleen their tastes and styles etc. but if they want get info from a guy like me, it ain't coming from twitter or facebook. you gotta catch me at the right time on the street and have something to offer in return for my opinion.

like a cocktail at the nearest blarney stone will do.

You know I don't use Facebook hardly ever but Twitter actually is a pretty neat tool if you don't follow all the idiots. I'll browse mine every morning to get the beat on world events. I know I'm in the huge minority but I follow just the major news feeds and sports beat writers etc and a few good friends. It's just the same as a news ticker but with a wider breadth. Lord knows I could care the hell less what Kim K. has to say.

Been to many games where people wear the opposing team colors. Went to a Browns/Eagles game and there were about 25 Eagle Fans a few rows in front of us giving people the finger, taunting, etc. Security sent some 400 pound Deputies down and everything calmed down. Now, if you want to wear the opposing team jersey, fine. Just don't be an asshole and rub it in when there are a bunch of drunken fans pissed off at losing.

Exactly. Problems aren't caused by someone wearing the apposing team's jersey. They're caused by a drunk asshole wearing the apposing teams jersey. It all comes back to winning. The Browns start winning consistently and the stadium fills up with more Browns fans than the apposing team (bills last year).

I don't know that they are in most cases. Obviously Philly gets rapped. I don't want to be in that boat, but think we might be headed there.

In one of the blurbs it was commented that going to a Browns game was more like going to a funeral than a football game. I can see how that drags down the experience. I think there are nearly as many who look forward to the tailgate as do those who look forward to the game. It's like the march of the Zombies from the tailgate lots to the stadium. People might have high hopes but the reality is we really don't expect much of a chance to win. We have been conditioned that way for a long time now.

That I also believe is part of the rap we get for being a hostile enviornment. We are tired of always seeing the visiting fans walking away happy. It's probably why we are in their face win or lose. We are tired of suffering when we lose so we take it out on other fans even though it isn't their fault we suck, and when we win we want to make sure they suffer.

It's going to take not just one season, but several seasons of having a good, solid team who can line up week after week and deliver wins, or when we lose we can at least know that even though we lost, we didn't get beat up like some non BCS school does when they roll in to Columbus or Gainesville.

Another experience that I remember is After Lerner passed away. We were playing the Squealers and they had a memorial type thing for him with a Marine Corps Jet flyover. While this was going on the classy Squealer fans of which there were probably close to 10,000 were chanting "Cleveland Sucks". Saw lots of fights that game.

Another experience that I remember is After Lerner passed away. We were playing the Squealers and they had a memorial type thing for him with a Marine Corps Jet flyover. While this was going on the classy Squealer fans of which there were probably close to 10,000 were chanting "Cleveland Sucks". Saw lots of fights that game.

OK, so if that happens, are Cleveland fans just supposed to turn the other cheek just so that opposing fans can "have a positive experience"? I don't think so.

You reap what you sow. You come into our house and try to piss on the carpet, don't complain when we shit on your head.

hoorta, on 11 Jul 2013 - 02:04 AM, said:

^+1

A lot of people, apparently. Anheuser-Busch sells enough Bud\Bud Lite every year to float a battleship in it, but I digress. If my math is correct, about 1.8 BILLION gallons worth.

Guess you and me have higher standards than the general populace. There's no way in hell I'm shelling out $7.25 for a damn lite beer- there's no shortage of people that will- go figure. If you hunt really hard, you can find 16 ounce Labatt's or even Warsteiner. They keep it well hidden though. Don't want the natives getting too drunk at the game, don't ya know?

OTOH- last season they were offering a Bloody Mary Bar (with a fairly generous pour of Absolut vodka) for the same price as a Bud Lite. One guess where my booze $$$ got spent. :)

oh, bloody mary of course.

but on a hot summer's day there ain't nothing like pulling an ice cold can of bud out the cooler. goes down fast and won't bloat you up (meaning you can drink more than 3 of them, HA!).

my best friends when it's 90 degrees with humidity of 97% is the cooler full of bud and a bottle of kettle one for those who like clear and a bottle of bushmills for those who enjoy a little brown in their gullets. vodka served chilled of course.

cheers!

Exactly. Problems aren't caused by someone wearing the apposing team's jersey. They're caused by a drunk asshole wearing the apposing teams jersey. It all comes back to winning. The Browns start winning consistently and the stadium fills up with more Browns fans than the apposing team (bills last year).

Can't say I agree with that too much. A few years back we saw the panthers play (this was the year before they got Cam Newton so they were terrible mind you). My brother was laughing and having a good time with the people around us, but had at least 3 instances of drunk Browns fans hassling him going for beers or food. One instance the clowns surrounded my brother and starting talking shit for literally no reason and we almost had to throw down for it.

I'm not saying it's the norm, but I'd amend your statement to say ALL drunk assholes cause problems no matter the jersey they have on. The honest to God solution to the problem is to make beer cheap in the stadium. People get hammered so much in the parking lot before the games they act like morons once they get in the gates.

Can't say I agree with that too much. A few years back we saw the panthers play (this was the year before they got Cam Newton so they were terrible mind you). My brother was laughing and having a good time with the people around us, but had at least 3 instances of drunk Browns fans hassling him going for beers or food. One instance the clowns surrounded my brother and starting talking shit for literally no reason and we almost had to throw down for it.

I'm not saying it's the norm, but I'd amend your statement to say ALL drunk assholes cause problems no matter the jersey they have on. The honest to God solution to the problem is to make beer cheap in the stadium. People get hammered so much in the parking lot before the games they act like morons once they get in the gates.

You're absolutely right, I meant it to sound that way, but I didn't check it before I posted. I had problems with more Browns fans than other team fans.

I drink a few beers there, but I don't go there to fight, or be bothered by some drunk. My wife knows when I'm getting irritated and calms me down before I get

too worked up.

My wife knows when I'm getting irritated and calms me down before I get

too worked up.

didn't she leave you for some white guy? gigitty. gigitty.

kxre.jpg

just bustin balls.

i was wondering when someone was going to use 'cleveland' in their avatar on the cleveland browns board forum.

You're absolutely right, I meant it to sound that way, but I didn't check it before I posted. I had problems with more Browns fans than other team fans.

I drink a few beers there, but I don't go there to fight, or be bothered by some drunk. My wife knows when I'm getting irritated and calms me down before I get

too worked up.

Oh gotcha, no worries. Yea I just don't get it. I mean sure the Browns make us all miserable and I've downed many a beer to that effect, but the idea of fighting over a football game is so unbelievably dumb. To want to physically hurt someone over something you have zero control (i.e. the score of the game) over is baffling to me. I suppose it's just the small dick complex though.

I remember my first beer

Iirc, philly has a court in their stadium.

That doesn't happen by accident.

No, it doesn't.

It has to be pretty bad to have to assign a Magistrate to the stadium to hear and set bond for the volumes of arrests at games. They must just hold them in a prison bus and lug all of them off to the city/county jail after the game.

Archived