THE BROWNS BOARD

Tom Heckert Charged With Dui

KentLife

Hey now...

Tom Heckert, the Broncos' recently hired director of pro personnel, was arrested in Parker on the night of June 11 and charged with driving under the influence and careless driving, according to the Douglas County Sheriff's Department.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9464607/tom-heckert-denver-broncos-facing-driving-influence-charges

Hey now...

Tom Heckert, the Broncos' recently hired director of pro personnel, was arrested in Parker on the night of June 11 and charged with driving under the influence and careless driving, according to the Douglas County Sheriff's Department.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9464607/tom-heckert-denver-broncos-facing-driving-influence-charges

Thanks for the info. It just continually amazes me these guys can't figure out the NFL offers 24\7 limo pickup service if you're loaded- & guys don't take advantage of it.

In Heckert's case,assuming he has no prior arrests, the $5,000 or so in lawyer's fees, fines, & 3 days of drunk school is penny ante- but not if the League slaps him with a $100K fine like they did with the Lion's exec.

Thanks for the info. It just continually amazes me these guys can't figure out the NFL offers 24\7 limo pickup service if you're loaded- & guys don't take advantage of it.

In Heckert's case,assuming he has no prior arrests, the $5,000 or so in lawyer's fees, fines, & 3 days of drunk school is penny ante- but not if the League slaps him with a $100K fine like they did with the Lion's exec.

The thing I don't get is this: I don't like driving as it is. I hate when I wanna go downtown and fight traffic for a half hour just to park. If I knew I had an out to be dropped off AND picked up? It just baffles me.

Here is a novel idea, when you are the driver, you limit yourself to a single drink at the start of dinner........Period. That is what any grownup, responsible person does, including myself. Nothing like knowing when I'm on the road with my family, that I'm sharing it with selfish, immature and irresponsible people that think only of themselves and no one else.

Heckert has a reputation that's not gonna be real secret anymore. On OBR, it's well known that he really likes to party and really likes a certain kind of chick, like Tiger.

Blonde?

To be fair, what chick ... blonde, brunette or redhead ... could resist this?

tom.heckert.mug.shot.jpg

Blonde?

To be fair, what chick ... blonde, brunette or redhead ... could resist this?

tom.heckert.mug.shot.jpg

gotta love the 'ole mugshot.

and yes the camera does put 30 lbs on ya. look at that fred flinstone cranium.

i'm surprised they didn't stop him for improper use of using your feet to stop the car.

my man has a head like a water buffalo

try driving surrounded by 3 million dumb xxxxxx xxxxx texting or putting on their make-up everyday

I picked up a friend at JFK one Saturday back in the 90's

Traffic was a trip. Will never forget the Cross Bronx Expressway.

water_buffalo.jpg108039593.jpg?w=600&h=375

He is being prosecuted because he is a white man in an illegal alien state like CO.

although i find the comment hilarious, he will be punished not only by the team, the local prosecutors and by the league as not to show a disparity in goodell's new hard line stance on anything that reflects bad on the NFL.

nice avatar. how long did it take you to put that up, ten seconds after the verdict? (which i agreed with BTW even though i do tend to lean a little left most of the time, but only because that's where the bar is located when bellying up).

nice avatar. how long did it take you to put that up, ten seconds after the verdict? (which i agreed with BTW even though i do tend to lean a little left most of the time, but only because that's where the bar is located when bellying up).

are you ever going to grow a set, grunt? so it goes.......

Ho. Ly. Shit.

That said, it's on the prosecutors buckling under pressure to charge Zimmerman with any version of murder. Any time there's evidence (lab and eyeball) of a mutual fight, nobody's gonna be found guilty of murder. Manslaughter was the only possibility and the Harvard law dude said that was a stretch.

It doesn't have anything to do with police racism which is well beyond debate.

It's simply a legal issue, all the rest doesn't matter.

In Florida, Person A can profile Person B, provoke Person B, take the first swing at Person B ... but if at any point person A fears for their life they can use deadly force to defend themselves.

Whether you think the law is fair or not is one thing ... but the whole case has nothing to do with race, hoodies, homewatch nazis or anything else ... can you conclude without reasonable doubt that he was not defending his life?

I don't know how the jury could see it any other way, based on the conflicting evidence ... you can't prove he wasn't acting in self defense.

Zombo

It's simply a legal issue, all the rest doesn't matter.

In Florida, Person A can profile Person B, provoke Person B, take the first swing at Person B ... but if at any point person A fears for their life they can use deadly force to defend themselves.

Whether you think the law is fair or not is one thing ... but the whole case has nothing to do with race, hoodies, homewatch nazis or anything else ... can you conclude without reasonable doubt that he was not defending his life?

I don't know how the jury could see it any other way, based on the conflicting evidence ... you can't prove he wasn't acting in self defense.

Zombo

FYI, Self defense is an affirmative defense, which, last time I looked places the burden of proof on the proponent of that defense.

Of course he is. Obama out to get him.

I doubt seriously that Obama cares. But, considering there have been a number of pleas made in this case already, are you truly trying to say that the investigation was groundless? I think not.

Do you think that he should be let off simply because he is a wealthy person and a big donor to the Republicans and his brother is governor?

That would be the ultimate in corruption, wouldn't it?

So, it would be corrupt for the DOJ to NOT do its job, fair to say?

I doubt seriously that Obama cares. But, considering there have been a number of pleas made in this case already, are you truly trying to say that the investigation was groundless? I think not.

Do you think that he should be let off simply because he is a wealthy person and a big donor to the Republicans and his brother is governor?

That would be the ultimate in corruption, wouldn't it?

So, it would be corrupt for the DOJ to NOT do its job, fair to say?

It was sarcasm.

Archived