THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Release 1St Official Depth Chart

thenew23

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-browns/cleveland-browns-1.270107/browns-release-their-first-depth-chart-of-2013-1.418572

Nothing too surprising, except maybe:

Ogby is listed as #1 FB

Skrine is slotted as the #2 Corner starting opposite Haden

Bademosi is KR, Benjamin is PR

T.J. Conley is our #1 P... who's that??

At second look, having a slash (/) between names must mean they will be alternating series/plays during Thursday's game...

Here are the "slashes":

Starting LG, Greco/Pinkston, Starting RG, Lauvao/Pinkston

#2 ILB behind Robertson, Tank Carder/JMJ

RCB, Skrine/Owens... interesting that Skrine's name is listed first, not sure if that means anything

P, Conley/Lanning

K, Graham/Bogotay

KR, Bademosi/Lewis

Not sure why they do that, I just want to see who starts on the field, that's going to show who's been winning in camp... I guess I have to wait until Thursday...

I see Jarrod Shaw has moved into the backup Center slot, I saw that coming with his versatility. Gary Barnridge listed ahead of Kellen Davis is interesting, Barnie was mostly a blocking TE in Carolina, but maybe he will have a bigger role with us ... and not good news for Davis. Norwoood looks to be the sixth receiver at this point.

Doesn't look like Smelly will make the team if he is behind Marecik at this point.

Huges and Sanford look like they are in a battle at backup LE.

McFadden being listed as haden's backup and not in the battle on the other side is interesting.

Bademosi and Slaughter seem to have reversed roles, with Badass backing up Ward at SS and Slaughter competing behind Gipper at FS.

Bogatay is still my camp surprise pick to beat out the veteran Graham.

Zombo

Smelley will make the team and be the starting FB by the opener, that is my prediction. He is a big guy and he is usually in a good spot to open up lanes for the runningback. Plus, he works well in the goalline and tightend positions. He'll be here.

Smelley will make the team and be the starting FB by the opener, that is my prediction. He is a big guy and he is usually in a good spot to open up lanes for the runningback. Plus, he works well in the goalline and tightend positions. He'll be here.

Not sure why you're so confident... he's currently 3rd on the depth chart at a position where we won't be keeping more than 1... Plus your statement about being in a good spot to open up lanes and working well in the goaline set are based on... what again???

Ogbo knows something about catching the ball. He averaged 25 receptions a year during his high school career. Univ of Texas redshirted him as a wide receiver before slotting him as tailback. In 08 he had 46 receptions for 540 yards (almost 12 yds/catch). he had a total of 75 receptions for nearly 800 yards during his UT playing career. BTW, had a 3.5 gpa and was a member of the National Honor Society while studying at UT. Last two years with browns avg 24 receptions/yr at almost 8 yards per reception. Kid is durable and smart. Would love to see him get close to 40 receptions this season. Started extremely strong last season (six catches against the kitties) but role diminished as season started to unravel.

Archived