THE BROWNS BOARD

the talk of the preseason other than the browns

miktoxic

here we go again, hey blacko?

there have been many other none interest threads thrown up here during the most mundane moments of the preseason and because i happen to think the kid will be a good player in the NFL and state that in this thread, i'm a parrot?

fuck it. you all can suck my dick.

He very well may be a good player in the NFL. I'm only busting stones cause you appear to be banging your chest for an NFC west rookie after one preseason game. Hard to be the talk of the preseason after 1/4 of the games have been played.

there have been many other none interest threads thrown up here during the most mundane moments of the preseason and because i happen to think the kid will be a good player in the NFL and state that in this thread, i'm a parrot?

fuck it. you all can suck my dick.

Here is where I am coming from: You may be absolutely correct. This guy could be the cat's meow...and maybe your opinion of him will be justified.....but...so what? There were 355 players selected in this last draft...but only what? Five that were taken by the Browns.

I guess we could do a "what if" scenario about all of those other 350 players. Honey Badger is just one of them.

I mean, we could probably do the "we shoulda taken so and so instead of Mingo" at some point, or "we shoulda taken so and so instead of McFadden" or

"we shoulda taken so and so instead of trading that pick for a future draft choice".

We can, and many will probably say those things. I am not disparaging your evaluation of the kid...it is just that such a thing is counterproductive....like someone else here was lamenting "Damn, we shoulda taken Ben Roethlisberger instead of K2 back in 2004" Well, in hindsight, perhaps. But who can live on regrets?

Mik,

If you put an opinion out here, you can get get argued it's not a good idea. Heck, PG gets blasted on a regular basis. I haven't said boy- that's dumbass taking HB, just that it's risky. We're debating a freaking third round pick, not T-Rich and Weeden, as opposed to Tannehill and Martin. :) Maybe Honey Badger will turn into the next Ronnie Lott. That's about as good a chance as Charlie Frye had of turning into the next Joe Montana.

well ther are plenty of people on this forum that are still butthurt over picks we wasted, picks we should have taken etc.

i just brought up the fact that this kid is being talked a lot about in preseason. does that mean he'll be the next ronnie lott or deion sanders (depending on position)? no.

BUT does it mean that we have a national sports media talking about him yet again today? was brian dawkins a punk? no. and yet he calls HB a ball hawk. playmaker. want him on my team. etc. etc.

i'll stop now. i don't want to post a video of today's espn's first take episode with their comments about him..............

it might throw all you haters over the edge.

well ther are plenty of people on this forum that are still butthurt over picks we wasted, picks we should have taken etc.

i just brought up the fact that this kid is being talked a lot about in preseason. does that mean he'll be the next ronnie lott or deion sanders (depending on position)? no.

BUT does it mean that we have a national sports media talking about him yet again today? was brian dawkins a punk? no. and yet he calls HB a ball hawk. playmaker. want him on my team. etc. etc.

i'll stop now. i don't want to post a video of today's espn's first take episode with their comments about him..............

it might throw all you haters over the edge.

MIK, ESPN can blow it out their a$$. I've had it with their frontrunner fixation. This guy has gotten more press than all the other 34 third rounders combined- Hell, he's gotten more air time than most FIRST round picks, including our own Barkevious Mingo. Fair and balanced? Like hell. Same as RG III has gotten more preseason run than Luck, Tannehill, Kaepernic, and Wilson combined.

BTW, I am not a Badger hater- just a Badger skeptic- he doesn't play for the Browns, let it go. Guy could turn his life around, and be a great football player- he could just as easily turn into another pain in the ass Pacman Jones. History says in 3 years 80% of these guys will be out of the league, so I'm not getting all excited-yet about one missed opportunity. Incidentally, McFadden graded out higher than the Badger.

LOL... hang in there mik...

It's not like we don't have a couple borderline characters on the team, so one more would have been fine with me... especially at such a position of need. But I thought a 3rd was too high a price for the apparent risk.

Mathieu reminds me a lot of Finnegan... mega-irritating, chip-on-his-shoulder, over achiever who has game speed that bely his measurables and hits like a truck.

Archived