THE BROWNS BOARD

Preseason Game 2

TypicalBrowns

Defense hasnt looked bad. However detroits D looks just as good.

T rich is looking good.

Pinkston injured, not good.

Gordon is fast as fuck.

Weeden is up and down because the line is getting semi destroyed by Detroits line.

Offensive line depth an issue?

Weeden 8/12, 117 yds, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 9.8 ypa, 137.8 rat.

Richardson 6 car, 33 yds, 5.5 ypc

Lewis 5 car, 33 yds, 6.6 ypc

Cameron 3 cat, 42 yds, 2 TDs

Gordon 3 cat, 72 yds, 24 ypc

In a quarter and a half... offense starting to click...

Dion had an ankle problem. Sure hope its just a sprain, same with Pinkston.

Mingo with the rib issue shouldnt be too bad unless of course his ribs are broken

The injury bug had to come sooner or later, lets hope its sooner and not later this season

Browns look fucking awesome tonight. That's two weeks in a row, when was the last time the browns looked good two weeks in a row?

Based soley upon NFL Network's "WrapAround" coverage, my overwhelming impression is that this staff is awesome. They are getting this entire team, not just the first/ second string, but the entire TEAM ready to play.

AND IT'S ONLY PRESEASON...

I can't wait to view the full game rebroadacst tomorrow afternoon.

So in 3 quarters (2 preseason games) Weeds is 18 of 25 for 3 TD'S, zero int's.. and 229 yards. Seems like Chuds/Norv's offense is tailor made for him. I'm not quite ready to annoint him yet.. but it does show how a system that fits you and a year of experience goes a long way. Weeds is making some progress.

So lauvoa had ankle surgery, Pinston is out for a while..who is behind them..thats our new starting left guard. Next man up!!!!

Good thing we held onto Brandon Jackson, he's now the #2 RB.. Lewis is out at least half the year with a broken leg, Hardesty's knees are toast... Mingo has a lung contusion or something along that line, but he'll be back the quickest. Thats just football.. next man up..

The Pinkston and Lewis injuries are devastating, IMO, in what otherwise was a very encouraging preseason game. We're so thin at OG, that's the last place we needed to lose a starter - and Lewis, he adds alot of shiftiness and opens up the playbook with screens/flats that would be of great use for Turners O. He's out for the year I'm assuming, not buying the 6 weeks pitch, he broke his leg..

If there's one silver lining to both Hardesty and Lewis going down, it's that at least we might get a chance to see what Maysonet can do. I'm not sure why, but I'm excited about this guy's potential.

The Pinkston and Lewis injuries are devastating, IMO, in what otherwise was a very encouraging preseason game. We're so thin at OG, that's the last place we needed to lose a starter - and Lewis, he adds alot of shiftiness and opens up the playbook with screens/flats that would be of great use for Turners O. He's out for the year I'm assuming, not buying the 6 weeks pitch, he broke his leg..

I disagree about being thin at G. Gilkey, Adams, and Shaw are all capable of playing that position until Lauvao gets healthy. When Gilkey stepped in, the offense didn't miss a beat. With a little coaching, and practice with the 1's he should do just fine. We still have Thomas, Greco, Mack, and Schwartz. It's still a good line.

The injury to Lewis is the worst, but Jackson is a little bigger and not as quick. He has great hands and he and Ogby should be able to step up and do some of the same things Dion has done so far. Let's not forget that Norv said he wants TRich to get 300+ carries this year. He is still the guy to carry the load. Now, we still need a between-the-tackles runner to spell TRich, so we're in the same spot of needing Hardesty to get healthy.

Hopefully Barnidge is okay b/c he is a good blocker, and hopefully Mingo can be back soon...

Lewis injury is really unfortunate, he seemingly had a Darren Sproles esque upside. Hopefully we're winning some football games and he can be a spark late in the season though. Pinkston is a big injury too, but I'll wait to hear exactly what they're saying about the severity of it. Nowadays they put guys in walking boots for ingrown toenails, so it could just be pre-caution.

Mingo's injury shouldn't be as big a deal as it sounds. As I understand even a solid case of bruised lungs takes about 3 weeks to heal.

If there's one silver lining to both Hardesty and Lewis going down, it's that at least we might get a chance to see what Maysonet can do. I'm not sure why, but I'm excited about this guy's potential.

Hopefully Maysonet will produce better than Jackson. Maybe Jackson just needs to shake off 2 years of rust but something needs to happen, I don't want Richardson to be overworked. The lifespan for RBs isn't long but I would at least like to have Richardson until he is 33-35.

Getting to Game 1 in one piece is what we must do, the Dolphins game is a must win (they all are) but that game is sooo important to win and start the season off right.

I cant remember the last opener the Browns won. Does anybody?

The only one since 'the return" in 1999. Of course they had another one until that stupid don't take your helmet off rule came along to rob us of the win in the KC game. (though, I think that may have been the year the Browns made the playoff anyway>

but, here is what the difference was in that game: The Browns made the playoffs as the #2 wildcard, and had to face the 10-5-1 Steelers in the first round.

Had them won that game, they would have been the first wildcard and would have probably faced the 9-7 Jets (AFC winners) that year.

Of course, the Browns had a huge lead against the Steelers until Butch decided to go into the prevent defense in middle of the 3rd quarter.

I disagree about being thin at G. Gilkey, Adams, and Shaw are all capable of playing that position until Lauvao gets healthy. When Gilkey stepped in, the offense didn't miss a beat. With a little coaching, and practice with the 1's he should do just fine. We still have Thomas, Greco, Mack, and Schwartz. It's still a good line.

The injury to Lewis is the worst, but Jackson is a little bigger and not as quick. He has great hands and he and Ogby should be able to step up and do some of the same things Dion has done so far. Let's not forget that Norv said he wants TRich to get 300+ carries this year. He is still the guy to carry the load. Now, we still need a between-the-tackles runner to spell TRich, so we're in the same spot of needing Hardesty to get healthy.

Hopefully Barnidge is okay b/c he is a good blocker, and hopefully Mingo can be back soon...

They may be capable, that doesn't mean they're good. I was down on Pinkston last year, but am sad to see him go down. The sprain looked high with that roll up, fortunately Gilkey did look good. I don't believe Adams or Shaw can come in and maintain the same level of consistency, and there's no proof out there supporting the thought that they would they're unproven. Gilkey's performance was nice to see, though.

Agreed, the Lewis injury is the worst - his game helps spread the field. I've never been a big fan of Jackson or Abbey, just serviceable - Lewis had spark.

I like the enthusiasm, but I can't say I'm overly anxious. He's not going to come close to the threat Lewis brought. If I'm wrong we should see in the next 2 preseason games, I'm hoping T Rich doesnt play.

Archived