THE BROWNS BOARD

The O-Line Continued Failure at Opening Up Running Lanes

Soju

And you still haven't. Keep being an ignorant vagus.

You must be drunk because that looks like the post of a 2 year old...good goin chumlee...now do us all a favor..Off yourself!

You must be drunk because that looks like the post of a 2 year old...good goin chumlee...now do us all a favor..Off yourself!

Four responses deep and you still have done zero research in true nickers fashion.

Good job, pal. Keep up the great work.

Four responses deep and you still have done zero research in true nickers fashion.

Good job, pal. Keep up the great work.

Im not paid to do research...since your so fucking adamant...get off your lazy drunkin stool and do the fucking research yourself you lazy drunk...

This has been a problem for as long as I can remember. Is this something that has to do with schemes, personel, or what?

I routinely see other NFL teams create lanes and open up spaces for their running backs but we just can't seem to do this.

What's the deal?

THE DEAL IS THAT NONE OF YOU UNDERSTAND FOOTBALL.

The OL doesn't make running lanes, never did, never will and physiclly, can not open up runnng lanes. The OL consists of ONLY FIVE MEN. When an opposing defense can place all 12 defenders on RED ALERT to focus on everything within 7 - 10 yars of the LOS, there are simply too man defensive bodies for ANY OL to block.

The Browns have no deep threats, and defenses know this.

Skill players MAKE the OL. Always have, always will. If it wasn't for Jim Brown, Gene Hickerson would be unknown, even to Browns fans. Until the Browns have enough offensive threats to make defenses not only guess but accountfor multiple possibilities, then our L will be at a disadvantage.

When a defense has to account for many options eah play, it gives the OL the upper hand, THIS is what allows an OL to wear down an opposing defense. The BRowns simply hav no offensive potency, and this trend will continue.

The OL doesn't make running lanes, never did, never will and physiclly, can not open up runnng lanes. The OL consists of ONLY FIVE MEN. When an opposing defense can place all 12 defenders on RED ALERT to focus on everything within 7 - 10 yars of the LOS, there are simply too man defensive bodies for ANY OL to block.

They have Benjamin and Gordon now.

Skill players MAKE the OL. Always have, always will.

Bullhockey. The OL lets the skill players excel or not.

If it wasn't for Jim Brown, Gene Hickerson would be unknown, even to Browns fans.

Bullhockey. Even Jim Brown always gave the credit for his success to his offensive liine.

Great rb's do. Of course they do, it's true. When the oline struggles, the skill players

get the hell beaten out of them.

Until the Browns have enough offensive threats to make defenses not only guess but account for multiple possibilities, then our L will be at a disadvantage.

True. You need a balanced attack, solid oline, the right system and coaches. It's like a game of chess.

When a defense has to account for many options eah play, it gives the OL the upper hand, THIS is what allows an OL to wear down an opposing defense. The BRowns simply hav no offensive potency, and this trend will continue.

TRUE: Of course it does give the OL the upper hand. Being one-dimensional is tough business.

FALSE: Of course the Browns have offensive potency. Look at the numbers in preseason so far. You've never

seen those numbers with the Browns before, ever, in preseason.

Only the Browns used a top 5 draft pick when they selected Richardson. Weeden is still a unproven commodity. If the Browns are going to win games they're going to need Richardson to run the rock. Although who knows if this regime would have even drafted Richardson if they could go back and draft at that spot.

OK MOTO.

Already have, you middle aged loser.

This comming from a drunk...sober up before you start calling people a loser you LOSER!

This comming from a drunk...sober up before you start calling people a loser you LOSER!

The difference between me and you is that I'm a college student and you're a middle aged piece of shit who just can't quit the bottle.

I'm allowed to drink. You have no excuse.

The difference between me and you is that I'm a college student and you're a middle aged piece of shit who just can't quit the bottle.

I'm allowed to drink. You have no excuse.

yes a drunken college student...mhmmm it must suck to be you..for one..Im a type 2 diabetic..Im not tethered to a bottle..I have enough problems with dehydration...#2..I'm not dependent on alcohol, nor do I need it to solve My problems,unlike stupid kid's like you that use alcohol as an excuse to shuck off responsibility...besides..I paid My dues in life and I deserve a drink or 2...but being drunk and stupid is no way to live...I have dealt with alcoholism in My family and it's something I take issue with...be a man and quit whinning like some entitled pussy.

THE DEAL IS THAT NONE OF YOU UNDERSTAND FOOTBALL.

Skill players MAKE the OL. Always have, always will. If it wasn't for Jim Brown, Gene Hickerson would be unknown, even to Browns fans. Until the Browns have enough offensive threats to make defenses not only guess but accountfor multiple possibilities, then our L will be at a disadvantage.

12 defenders??? Maybe the football we don't understand is Canadian football...

Ghoulie, watch the youtube Jim Brown highlight reel... and this time focus on the line when they are in the highlight.

Yes, Brown was a man among boys. A unique marriage of speed, strength and athleticism the likes of which I've not seen since.

And yes, Brown had more than his share of plays where he appeared to do it on his own, but Brown primarily wrecked havoc in defensive secondaries and the Browns' outstanding O-line got him there.... time after time after time untouched... often against defenses stacked to stop him.

If you want to pretend that the Jim Brown Browns had a multitude of weapons, go right ahead...

If you want to pretend that Paul Brown's schemes were still ahead of their time in the Jim Brown era, go ahead...

If you want to pretend that Offensive linemen DO NOT MATTER, go ahead...

But all the above do, is show that you are a football pretender.

12 defenders??? Maybe the football we don't understand is Canadian football...

Ghoulie, watch the youtube Jim Brown highlight reel... and this time focus on the line when they are in the highlight.

Yes, Brown was a man among boys. A unique marriage of speed, strength and athleticism the likes of which I've not seen since.

And yes, Brown had more than his share of plays where he appeared to do it on his own, but Brown primarily wrecked havoc in defensive secondaries and the Browns' outstanding O-line got him there.... time after time after time untouched... often against defenses stacked to stop him.

If you want to pretend that the Jim Brown Browns had a multitude of weapons, go right ahead...

If you want to pretend that Paul Brown's schemes were still ahead of their time in the Jim Brown era, go ahead...

If you want to pretend that Offensive linemen DO NOT MATTER, go ahead...

But all the above do, is show that you are a football pretender.

He doesn't have to pretend all those things....they were all true. But Paul Brown knew the value of good O Linemen.

Talks about the Browns offensive line...

"Every great running back gives full credit to his offensive line for making him successful. Jim Brown, Bobby Mitchell, and Leroy Kelly demonstrated this by pushing Gene Hickerson in a wheelchair at his 2007 Hall of Fame induction ceremony. During the recent Cleveland Browns "Ring of Honor" ceremonies Leroy Kelly said, "I really didn't feel that much pressure, because we had such a great team. The blocking was great -- Hickerson, John Wooten, [Dick] Schafrath, John Brewer, John Morrow ... Paul [Warfield] and Gary [Collins] were receivers, and they blocked, too. [Fullback] Ernie Green blocked. These guys made it easy for me." For three straight years from 1966 to 1968 Leroy Kelly ran for more than 1000 yards in each season. His great offensive lines were the catalyst for his success and helped him to become the Cleveland Browns greatest halfback."

yes a drunken college student...mhmmm it must suck to be you..for one..Im a type 2 diabetic..Im not tethered to a bottle..I have enough problems with dehydration...#2..I'm not dependent on alcohol, nor do I need it to solve My problems,unlike stupid kid's like you that use alcohol as an excuse to shuck off responsibility...besides..I paid My dues in life and I deserve a drink or 2...but being drunk and stupid is no way to live...I have dealt with alcoholism in My family and it's something I take issue with...be a man and quit whinning like some entitled pussy.

It's sad that a drunken college student can piece together more coherent and logical statements than you.

You keep trying to rationalize that, buddy. I'll wait.

It's sad that a drunken college student can piece together more coherent and logical statements than you.

You keep trying to rationalize that, buddy. I'll wait.

It's you who keeps trying to rationlize ding dong...but your ego wont let you give it up...get this and get it clear diing dong..I dont owe YOU or anyone a goddamn thing..capiche?

It's you who keeps trying to rationlize ding dong...but your ego wont let you give it up...get this and get it clear diing dong..I dont owe YOU or anyone a goddamn thing..capiche?

You've certainly shown that you don't owe anyone on this board anything, because you don't bring anything to the table.

Well, except for illogicalities, bad grammar and backwards reasoning.

You've certainly shown that you don't owe anyone on this board anything, because you don't bring anything to the table.

Well, except for illogicalities, bad grammar and backwards reasoning.

you act just like a little whiney bitch that has to get that last word in..the only one being illogical here is you...When Im compelled to offer something I will...quit acting like faggotards little brother...

Archived