THE BROWNS BOARD

Need some opinions

ballpeen

Who says that isn't going to happen??

But you know darn good and well there are many opinions on who can play and who can't. You can see that on message boards, scouting reports, and in head coaches talk and actions.

But no..I am not trying to insinuate we are just going to blow it up and start over for the fun of it. Hopefully it is more a dismantling of the parts that aren't good and re-engineered in to something that is.

Palmer took over no team. Just some scrapped players.

Davis took over something a little better

Crennel something a little better than that.

Now Mangini takes over a NFL football team....not all that good, but one that does have some nice parts.

Agreed. I don't think they are just going to BLOW IT UP. But I do think that they will have a definite idea of where this team needs to go both in terms of ideology and in terms of players....and some of the better players we have may not fit within the new vision.

That is why I put the 4 players I did into different categories. The first two (DA/K2) I think will be gone. The other two (BQ/BE) wouldn't surprise me.

C.Williams and DQ may also be on the block...but I don't think they could get enough to warrant it...even if all they represent here is a backup. Outside of those players...we really don't have a lot of trade value. Wimbley maybe, but he also fits into the 'lack of return' even for a backup category.

I really don't think we trade much. But I do think we will see major turnover. Watch for at least 1 OL to be cut. I bet we say goodbye to McGinnest, Orr, Peek, Davis, J.Wright, and a few of the previous regimes 'projects'.

I doubt there will be any trades before the draft- it always seems trades in the NFL are rare, unless it's actually during the draft. I was really hoping that they'd trade DA during the draft last year, but that never happened. I know the DA topic has been beat to death around this forum, but he represents very little value now given his 2008 performance, his desire to leave here, and his salary.

Please, please, please Mr. Kokonis & Mangini- DO NOT draft a running back at #5. It's DEFENSE we need (Maualuga/Curry/Orakpo). If you aren't looking at those 3, then TRADE the pick and get more choices, if possible.

Archived