THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Opening Day Thread!

Shep

Last one devolved into a pissing match so...

Does any team go into openers more dinged than the Browns, year after year? Mingo, Gordon, both right guards... now Rubin and maybe Skrine? Holy shit. That's five starters (counting Mingo because of his important rushing the passer)!! You expect that late in the season but c'mon.

Thankfully the Dolphins don't have any scary running backs because that's Rubin's role (he's probably out on passing downs). You could make the case that Des Bryant and Billy Winn will do more against the pass than Rubin could. Hope Bryant's back is okay. Might see Sheard with his hand in the dirt more than you'd expect.

Really looking forward to fielding the whole team... maybe week three?

Its unfortunate that we start this way every year but there are not players injured this year than last. Prob because the new sissy cba prevents them from practicing as much and getting into game shape earlier.

I'm just excited football is back! Finally!!!

Go Browns!

It's been a LONG off season for some reason.

LOL... agree...

That our Off-season seemed longer than our season for the first time in a while, must be a sign of progress.

Really long offseason! I'm real excited that we are all going to get to see a HEALTHY TRENT RICHARDSON for the first TRUE TIME. He's going to demoralize the dolphins. They aren't going to want to tackle him. They already said he was one of the toughest to tackle. We are going to win this game.

Injuries be damned. We're always dinged up, next man up- the difference is that this year I'm comfortable with the fill-ins. All seem like HUNGRY young talent. That's why we lose so many openers, plus a lot of dumb luck. Good team overcome those and turn supposed weaknesses into strengths, by fortifying the depth of the roster where the next guy in knows what it is to be a Cleveland Brown. I think that this may be one of the most sincere Browns Teams since the return.. With hometown bred and raised Cleveland Brown in Chudzinski maybe he'll instill that culture into them like no other coach has been able to do. He'll make this guys remember, they'll remember the name... Cleveland Browns are Champions.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the DAWG~ Woof! Get em boys - Sic Em!~

But Gordon, Mingo, and Rubin... those are potentially three of our best players. Kinda bugs me. I think I'm a little OCD about "completeness," but that's a longer tale. And really not very interesting (!).

Didn't realize Tannehill's last four games were like 6 TDs and 1 INT, 167 yards rushing. He really came on. I get now why they're excited about him... the way he finished. He had an improvement arc.

Contain, contain, contain. Wanna see Weeden play loose, trust his reads, get in a groove.

Archived