THE BROWNS BOARD

I'm Starting to Not Care About the Browns Anymore

Soju

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, when you say "Browns suck. Bunch of inept, beta faggots." that sounds like someone who has already jumped ship.

Go root for the Cowboys, you aren't tough enough to be a Browns fan.

You, yourself said you are disinterested. It was probably right after you got disinterested in pussy that you started sucking dick.

Zombo

Right on ! :lol:

Our "best offensive player" is so over rated by some of us it isn't even funny. Any undrafted free agent could do what our #3 pick has done. Flame me all you want, but it's true. Our best RB broke his league in the pre-season.

I didn't say Trent was great, I just said he's the best player on the Browns offense.

Here's a couple of thoughts on the game. The crowd did their part. Most were seated by kick off and had good energy until it was sucked out of them.

Ditch the drumline. If you have to have entertainment, maybe cheerleaders would be better

The secondary seemed confused in the second half.

On offense, not only was it poorly executed, they didn't adjust to the defense.

And that brings me to the most important observation. The team didn't look prepared. The coaches were too slow getting plays in. Too many players on both sides of the ball just didn't know where to be.

I'm not saying the season is a washout, but I didn't see one reason to be optimistic, unless you take into account that the whole division is 0-1.

I agree about the drum line. You can't even hear what they are playing. The stadium is way to big. Unless they put microphones near them, it won't work. Even when they have had The Ohio State marching band there, it's hard to hear them

Trent was over-drafted, to say the least. He can be a good back but... where was Shane Vereen drafted? Only back over 100 yesterday. Bernard Pierce could give us 1,000 yards, I bet, and he was round 3. Drafting a RB at #3 makes precious little sense. I'm guessing Heck was drunk and on top of a stripper at the time.

No, it's the offensive line. The backup guards backup two guys who could play, but aren't real solid.

Let's face it, the defense is a kickbutt defense, so Owens and Skine disappointed big....

and backup, and the ROG got run over like a 315 lb sack of potatoes, and made big mistakes to boot.

Miami has an excellent defense, and the Browns moved the ball. It's the first game. I expect a rebound

next week. Without solid oline play, a coach is hampered in play calling, and that's all there is to it.

One step closer to the next quarterback who will disappoint us deeply, leaving room for the "we should have drafted X" and "in two years we can get "Y" if we still suck so bad. .

Deer (archery) season starting at the end of September!!! Stoked!!

I don't feel any disappointment in somebody saying they're losing interest. It's not quite the same as saying you're giving up forever... although I've said it 50 or 60 times but know I never will.

We're about as "long suffering" as long suffering fans get. I don't count baseball because... seriously, it's baseball. It's like two ticks above soccer in the ZZZZZ department. It's best viewed in the morning paper.

We get worn out, fatigued, over it, etc. But we always come back. That's what makes us such weird, freaky, awesomely cool fans that nobody else understands. We may not have the best team, or anything close, but we're champs as fans.

I agree. I'm 40, and the last good memories about the Browns were in the 80s! I have a 10 year old son, who has a ton of friends that are Steelers fans! Luckily I've been able to sell him on the history, and the tradition of the team, otherwise he may actually be cheering for that team from Western PA! Then again........not in my house! :angry: At any rate other than 2007 when they went 10-6, he has absolutely NO memories of the Browns being good! Somehow, this cycle of losing needs to end! I do like this front office, and coaching staff, but they have their work cut out for them in changing the culture of losing that has been with this team since they've returned in 1999!

I am going to use you as a prime example.....40 isn't old, but it isn't young either. If life was a football game, you are at halftime.

So 40 years is 1973 when you were born...our record since, according to my figures is 240 wins v 330 losses. Twenty seasons ago, which is more than 20 years ago since we lost 4 seasons, our record was 131 wins v 135 losses.....I didn't count the tie games, where there were several. The point is we were at least competitive. In the last 20 seasons, which also includes the "lost years", our record is 109 win v 195 losses....hardly competitive.

As I see it, people 40 and under are trying to root for one of the worst teams in football. The Browns have sucked for a long time. I can try to be all Rah-Rah, but the fact is the team I grew up on....I am not going back to prove my point on the wins part, but the Browns won as many as anybody. Someone else can look up the numbers if they don't believe me.....so those were the Browns I knew and why I am still a fan.....but if I was a 30 something today and not a 60 something, I would be right there, wondering why I even waste the time.

I, and some others of us do it because we like to walk down memory lane, just as you youngers will at some point.....trust me, you will....but I am not so foggy in the brain to question why you have questions about rooting for a crappy team that has lost about twice as many as thay have won in your lifetime.

I won't do it. I'd be there with you.......but my experience won't allow that....another old man point of wisdom you can take or shrug off.....as you get older, you like to cling to past memories.....you will too...and the Browns are one of mine.....it's why old people stay married....that old chunky woman in bed next to me isn't the woman I married. Just like I....well, I am the same....what did I say about clinging to old memories.... ;)

Yup... Agree, Shep... hard to hang in there... doubt I can last more than another 40 years...

Mostly cause I'd be 100...

....that old chunky woman isn't the woman I married. Just like I....well, I am the same....what did I say about clinging to old memories.... ;)

You're a "chunky old woman", too??? ;)

I agreed with Jim Browm that Trich is just that...ordinary...And i caught flack for it...but..I still say Trich dances too much...we'll be drafting a RB next year too...

he ran well in the Browns first possession. He finished the game with 47 yards. 27 of those were picked up on the Browns first drive. his dancing with the stars routine drove me almost homicidal. im not sold on him. i'd like to see more pitchouts and screens. he has the speed to turn the corner. to his credit, he is a getting a lot of blowback from the Browns horrible receiving corp

Oh, I disagree: Trent will be a good back. Like Bernard Pierce or whoever the hell Luck or Manning hand off to. He's here now and the fact that it took a #3 overall is just an annoyance from a past regime. I think he'll be a valuable back for the next three years. He needs to cut and go and we need to throw to him more, set up screens.

But I don't think he outright sucks or anything. He just isn't Adrian Peterson or Jim Brown or something.

Oh, I disagree: Trent will be a good back. Like Bernard Pierce or whoever the hell Luck or Manning hand off to. He's here now and the fact that it took a #3 overall is just an annoyance from a past regime. I think he'll be a valuable back for the next three years. He needs to cut and go and we need to throw to him more, set up screens.

But I don't think he outright sucks or anything. He just isn't Adrian Peterson or Jim Brown or something.

I stick to My belief that Trich is nothing more than a 3rd down back...kind of like Reggie Bush...

I am going to use you as a prime example.....40 isn't old, but it isn't young either. If life was a football game, you are at halftime.

So 40 years is 1973 when you were born...our record since, according to my figures is 240 wins v 330 losses. Twenty seasons ago, which is more than 20 years ago since we lost 4 seasons, our record was 131 wins v 135 losses.....I didn't count the tie games, where there were several. The point is we were at least competitive. In the last 20 seasons, which also includes the "lost years", our record is 109 win v 195 losses....hardly competitive.

As I see it, people 40 and under are trying to root for one of the worst teams in football. The Browns have sucked for a long time. I can try to be all Rah-Rah, but the fact is the team I grew up on....I am not going back to prove my point on the wins part, but the Browns won as many as anybody. Someone else can look up the numbers if they don't believe me.....so those were the Browns I knew and why I am still a fan.....but if I was a 30 something today and not a 60 something, I would be right there, wondering why I even waste the time.

I, and some others of us do it because we like to walk down memory lane, just as you youngers will at some point.....trust me, you will....but I am not so foggy in the brain to question why you have questions about rooting for a crappy team that has lost about twice as many as thay have won in your lifetime.

I won't do it. I'd be there with you.......but my experience won't allow that....another old man point of wisdom you can take or shrug off.....as you get older, you like to cling to past memories.....you will too...and the Browns are one of mine.....it's why old people stay married....that old chunky woman in bed next to me isn't the woman I married. Just like I....well, I am the same....what did I say about clinging to old memories.... ;)

Great post! I'm a bit old school in the fact that I am a homer. For me, the Browns were a big part of growing up. During football season if there was a social event like a party, holiday, or family get together of any sort, one thing was guaranteed... the Browns game was on, and we were all watching. Then there were my parents and their friends who would throw Browns-Steelers parties, and playoff parties in the 80s! I know that despite the sucktitude of this team since it's return, and the fact a lot of folks jumped ship, and hopped on the Steelers bandwagon, the Browns still have a rather large fanbase around the world. When the Browns were leaving there was no way in HELL I was going to start rooting for the Steelers just because the Browns left. And I would have sworn off the NFL, before I'd EVER root for them! But I digress......So like you, I walk down memory lane, look back to the 80s (even though those years were near misses) and yearn for that type of excitement to return! The electricity in this town back then was like none other! I also appreciate the great tradition and legacy that is the Cleveland Browns, and those teams of the past that my father, and grandfathers rooted for! I as a father of a 10 year old am passing that torch to my son as well! With each new season there is new hope, and new optimism.

Ballpeen you make a great point that I think some of you older guys can't grasp that well. I was born in 1989 (basically 1990). I really have no memories of the Browns until they came back in '99. My first real memory of the browns is the season we went to the playoffs in 2002. My dad is a really passive aggressive person but I've never to this day seen a man so enthralled at a Browns football. Other than that and somewhat in '07, people in my age group have succumb to nothing but awful, losing seasons. I get a lot of light-hearted banter of 'why would you even be a Browns fan?' and the like. What I can say for certain is two things.

One, I'll never stop being a Browns fan and will continue to follow them well enough. I'll always be akin to guys they pick up in FA and the draft and watch as many games as possible. The second truthfully is as each lousy season goes on, I've become more disenfranchised with the NFL as a whole. I really don't care to see the Ravens, Bengals and Steelers have great years while the Browns hit the cellar. There was a time 5-6 years ago where I'd be glued to the T.V. on Sundays from 1-9. Sure, if it's a great game (like 49ers v GB last week) I'll hang around. But the Browns being so bad there's no reason to see how other teams are doing. I used to be obsessed with fantasy football. I still play mind you, but I really only do the minimum to keep the team up.

I could be wrong, but I think that's what is happening to my generation of Browns fan. It's not that we're necessarily losing fandom to the team, just the whole NFL.

he ran well in the Browns first possession. He finished the game with 47 yards. 27 of those were picked up on the Browns first drive. his dancing with the stars routine drove me almost homicidal. im not sold on him. i'd like to see more pitchouts and screens. he has the speed to turn the corner. to his credit, he is a getting a lot of blowback from the Browns horrible receiving corp

yeah the lack of pitch outs and screens are baffelling because continuing to send him up the middle or between guard and tackle seems like a sure way to get him killed...

I guess I am a bit lucky in this regard: I believe that most people develop their fandom or association/identity with their team during their teen years, or say from like age 10 to age 20. For me, this is how the Browns performed from when I first started following them at age 10 or 11 until I was 20:

1963: 10-4

1964: 10-3-1 *

1965: 11-3 *

1966: 9-5

1967: 9-5 *

1968: 10-4 *

1969: 10-3-1 *

1970: 7-7

1971: 9-5 *

1972: 10-4 *

So, to me, that is the basis of my Browns memories and traditions, and it is that type of winning team that I still envision the Browns to be.....and NOT the team the Browns have been in my 50s and 60s...that constantly loses.

And I do feel sorry for the young fans of today....who say turned 10 years old in like 1999.

During my youth, I knew the Browns as nothing but winners. These youths know them as nothing but losers.

And that is sad, because having known quality when I was young I know that this team under the right circumstances can hope to be outstanding again. I don't know if young people now can ever believe that the Browns could actually be an outstanding winning organization.

I must say Gipper with all the bullshit on this board. You are without a doubt the only one that I would love to meet. You make more sense and understand more than anyone else ON THIS BOARD!!!!!

Get a room

I guess I am a bit lucky in this regard: I believe that most people develop their fandom or association/identity with their team during their teen years, or say from like age 10 to age 20. For me, this is how the Browns performed from when I first started following them at age 10 or 11 until I was 20:

1963: 10-4

1964: 10-3-1 *

1965: 11-3 *

1966: 9-5

1967: 9-5 *

1968: 10-4 *

1969: 10-3-1 *

1970: 7-7

1971: 9-5 *

1972: 10-4 *

So, to me, that is the basis of my Browns memories and traditions, and it is that type of winning team that I still envision the Browns to be.....and NOT the team the Browns have been in my 50s and 60s...that constantly loses.

And I do feel sorry for the young fans of today....who say turned 10 years old in like 1999.

During my youth, I knew the Browns as nothing but winners. These youths know them as nothing but losers.

And that is sad, because having known quality when I was young I know that this team under the right circumstances can hope to be outstanding again. I don't know if young people now can ever believe that the Browns could actually be an outstanding winning organization.

That was the point I was making. I was basically the same time, maybe a little earlier. It's why I said I can understand people 40 and under being a bit cool towards the team.

I get it. It's why we have to turn this around....the fans today don't even know how to root....at times it's almost like they start getting lound when we have the ball. Hell, when we have the ball the guy in the last row shoulkd be able to hear the QB signal call. Save your voice for when they have the ball or we make a nice gain.

It always pains me when some guy gets up to face the crowd, waving his arms yelling "Lets Go!", when we have the ball.

Dude.....be quite.....yell when they have the ball.

man once you choose a team, you can't just go changing because they aren't winning. that goes against every moral fiber that is/was supposed to be instilled in us as privileged US citizens by our parents and the generations that help build this country with their blood, sweat and tears. you root for the under-dog. help out others that are down and out. rally together when all things seem lost.

i mean if you jump ship fine, just remember you are getting on a bandwagon full of morally displaced human beings. people that don't care if they step over an old lady to grab a buck or a trophy and call it their own.

but by all means feel free to use your constitutional rights to be another poser.

man once you choose a team, you can't just go changing because they aren't winning. that goes against every moral fiber that is/was supposed to be instilled in us as privileged US citizens by our parents and the generations that help build this country with their blood, sweat and tears. you root for the under-dog. help out others that are down and out. rally together when all things seem lost.

i mean if you jump ship fine, just remember you are getting on a bandwagon full of morally displaced human beings. people that don't care if they step over an old lady to grab a buck or a trophy and call it their own.

but by all means feel free to use your constitutional rights to be another poser.

one of the greatest movie of all time IMO

Archived