THE BROWNS BOARD

I'm Starting to Not Care About the Browns Anymore

Soju

Tour de Fucking France? Really? :)

Did you notice one of my interests is cycling? Unless you're a serious rider- (as I am) most people have no damn clue how good those guys are. I've said you could win a lot of money betting people they couldn't get a bike up to 30 mph from a standing start, much less maintain that pace. The Tour guys average better than that for over 25 miles in a time trial. FYI, I can hit 30 mph for about 30 seconds with a slight downhill and a tailwind.

It's no wonder those guys dope- your body just starts to come apart with all the training they do. My best year was putting in 5,000 miles- the Tour guys put in 25,000+.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you notice one of my interests is cycling? Unless you're a serious rider- (as I am) most people have no damn clue how good those guys are. I've said you could win a lot of money betting people they couldn't get a bike up to 30 mph from a standing start, much less maintain that pace. The Tour guys average better than that for over 25 miles in a time trial. FYI, I can hit 30 mph for about 30 seconds with a slight downhill and a tailwind.

It's no wonder those guys dope- your body just starts to come apart with all the training they do. My best year was putting in 5,000 miles- the Tour guys put in 25,000+.

Hard to fathom the human body can muster that kind of endurance...Kudo's to you Hoorta...

I'm down with The Tour de France every July. I'd guess the cyclists are at the top of the cardio endurance fitness list and anyone who rides down the side of a mountain at 50 mph is ok in my book. Besides the scenery is awesome

PS, the fastest I've ever pushed a bike down a hill- straight shot with a safe runout is 42 mph- and it's enough to scare the s**t out of you. It takes nerves of steel to go faster than that down those twisting mountain roads.

Bonfire.

I can't begin to tell you how happy I am, especially knowing what we got in return.....I feared a 12 piece Chicken McNugget and a large Coke in return.

Let's do this.

We have a top top ten defense , 48 picks next year and plunky qb who doesn't give a fuck ... Do you want to play us?

Z

Mount Union wants to scrimmage us. Z, in case you don't know it- the Browns just mailed in the season. We have a starting qb that was cut by 3 teams, no running back to speak of, 1 legit wr, plus a possession guy in Bess, and an OG that would be cut on 28 other teams. I got it- they're planning on the defense to score at least 14 a game.

I got $100 with Ghoolie on the over under this year at 5 games. I took the over- I may as well send him the check and save the bother.

Mount Union wants to scrimmage us. Z, in case you don't know it- the Browns just mailed in the season. We have a starting qb that was cut by 3 teams, no running back to speak of, 1 legit wr, plus a possession guy in Bess, and an OG that would be cut on 28 other teams. I got it- they're planning on the defense to score at least 14 a game.

I got $100 with Ghoolie on the over under this year at 5 games. I took the over- I may as well send him the check and save the bother.

I don't see us losing another football game.

Pussy.

Zombo

I don't see us losing another football game.

Pussy.

Zombo

LOL I know you're kidding Z. $10 on every win\loss you take the wins, I get the losses. You're buying my drinks at the Bungle game. :)

LOL I know you're kidding Z. $10 on every win\loss you take the wins, I get the losses. You're buying my drinks at the Bungle game. :)

Should have made that bet in 99 ... you'd be a wealthy man by now!

Zombo

As A Bills fan since '87 I've seen the good times and bad just as all of you. We've been in the same kind of circle for the past 13 or 14 years. Hopefully that will change a little more in our favor this year. But back to the point I made earlier on another thread. I really think a lot of people not just Browns fans have over-hyped Trent Richardson. He will never be a top 10 RB in this league even with the colts. If your FO does well this coming draft and plays it smart, you guys could easily have your QB and RB of the future.

Archived