THE BROWNS BOARD

Story of the Browns in Week 1

tampadawgs

-c27fce5774217d29.jpg

Just thought I would throw this Pic in there for the Tribe haters, at least we have a team in Cleveland with Heart!!!!!! Until the Browns show me something different, they are the same heartless team!!! I will be more than happy to eat crow about the Browns, but the fact is they looked like Shit yesterday!!!

The game was an episode of Hard Knocks for Weeden, who was hit a whopping 16 times, including six by sackmaster Wake, who lined up over Mitchell Schwartz and manhandled him and others. Wake is on pace to surpass his 15 sacks from a year ago.

"His resume speaks for itself,'' said Schwartz. "I just have to do a better job against him. For myself, it was a bad game.''

Weeden, who could barely take a step in the second half without getting drilled, doesn't recall ever getting hit that much before.

"I don't think so,'' he said.

The decisions of the coaching staff just baffled me yesterday. All we heard about during the offseason and into training camp was that the front office and the coaches were not enamored with Weeden. Yet yesterday thjey decide to throw the ball 59 times and have our best player carry the ball 13 times. Absolutely absurd. And the halftime adjustments were non existent. How about a screen pass so the Dolphins defense doesn't just tee off on our immobile quarterback every play? How about giving Skreen and Owens some safety help? I know its only 1 game but this staff better be looking at themselves just as much as they are looking at Weeden, Cousins, and that secondary, or it's going to be a bloodbath all season long.

Taking a step back as I usually do on Mondays, three things are obviously clear.

1) You can't get murdered like Weeden did yesterday and be a successful QB. I'd say he had a clean pocket MAYBE 25% of his passes. Say what you will, but Weeden is a pocket passer. No pocket=no success.

2) I wish I could find a picture of Weeden after the INT that Little should have caught for a 1st down. It was a face of "what the hell am I supposed to do?" Part of the reason guys like Rodgers and Manning are successful is they have confidence in their receivers. They trust them to go for 50/50 balls or make athletics plays. Honestly, would you trust anyone on this team right now to catch the football other than Cameron? Hopefully Gordon comes on strong week 3 cause God knows we need the help.

3) Defensive front 7 is STOUT and will only get better when Mingo comes on healthy. Horton has to play more press when he sends blitzes though. You can't send pressure and have DB's play 12 yards off the ball, it doesn't make sense. I could have completed half the passes Tannehill did yesterday.

Edit: Oh and Cousins is total trash. It's very discouraging to think Chud is giving him the vote of confidence because I'm 90% certain I could play a better Guard than he did yesterday.

The decisions of the coaching staff just baffled me yesterday. All we heard about during the offseason and into training camp was that the front office and the coaches were not enamored with Weeden. Yet yesterday thjey decide to throw the ball 59 times and have our best player carry the ball 13 times. Absolutely absurd. And the halftime adjustments were non existent. How about a screen pass so the Dolphins defense doesn't just tee off on our immobile quarterback every play? How about giving Skreen and Owens some safety help? I know its only 1 game but this staff better be looking at themselves just as much as they are looking at Weeden, Cousins, and that secondary, or it's going to be a bloodbath all season long.

Watching yesterday made me feel like Pat Shurmur was back at the helm! I'm willing to give Chud the benefit of the doubt, but I expect a hell of a lot more out of this coaching staff, and front office, than what I saw yesterday!

I don't think the defensive front seven is stout. They put pressure in the beginning, but in the second half Tannehill had all day to throw.

That group got 4 or 5 sacks and held the run game to 20 yards . The only reason Tannehill seemed to have all day is because our DB's had shitty coverage schemes and left people wide open on 4-5 yard routes. If they keep up what they did yesterday the front 7 well boast top ten sack production and run defense. That's pretty stout to me.

Watching yesterday made me feel like Pat Shurmur was back at the helm! I'm willing to give Chud the benefit of the doubt, but I expect a hell of a lot more out of this coaching staff, and front office, than what I saw yesterday!

And I think that is it right there. A new regime. An owner who seems to want to win. Experience is in every position that we have in the front office and our coaching staff. During camp we were told how different this Offense was going to be. And again we have been let down. It's not just the players that piss us off, but it's the failed expectations that are pissing us off.

The Offense never adjusted at all. If cousins is getting blown up, then give him help, do something.

I heard how this Offense was going to match game plan with abilities. To me that would be spread offenses stretching D's. Sweeps, screens, etc.. We didn't see any of that.

Yes, the Oline was bad. But Weeds has go to make better decisions in the midst of that.

Actually, without Lavauo and Pinkston in there, the Browns have to forget parts of their

game on offense.

Cousins couldn't block the plays. Running or passing. Offense goes "poof"

And I think that is it right there. A new regime. An owner who seems to want to win. Experience is in every position that we have in the front office and our coaching staff. During camp we were told how different this Offense was going to be. And again we have been let down. It's not just the players that piss us off, but it's the failed expectations that are pissing us off.

The Offense never adjusted at all. If cousins is getting blown up, then give him help, do something.

I heard how this Offense was going to match game plan with abilities. To me that would be spread offenses stretching D's. Sweeps, screens, etc.. We didn't see any of that.

Yes, the Oline was bad. But Weeds has go to make better decisions in the midst of that.

Unfortunately, Weeden does not possess great mobility. Nor does it look like he can read the blitz. Knowing that there are parts of the O-line that are weak, we need a QB that move around in the pocket and create plays. Otherwise, we're sitting ducks, because the other teams on our schedule will just blitz the crap out of him! The thing we can agree on is that this current regime did not draft him, and while they are giving him a chance to show what he can do, there is no question that he is on a short leash! Screw up this bad against Baltimore, and he needs to be benched! I usually don't want to call for the QB's head right off of the bat, but having watched parts of the SF-GB game after this clusterf***, those 2 are REAL NFL QBs! As it stands, Weeden is not!

2) I wish I could find a picture of Weeden after the INT that Little should have caught for a 1st down. It was a face of "what the hell am I supposed to do?" Part of the reason guys like Rodgers and Manning are successful is they have confidence in their receivers. They trust them to go for 50/50 balls or make athletics plays. Honestly, would you trust anyone on this team right now to catch the football other than Cameron? Hopefully Gordon comes on strong week 3 cause God knows we need the help.

Cameron and Bess are the only starters who catch everything thrown their way. I liked what I saw from Cooper late and even Gurley (dude is freaking huge). Little is way too inconsistent still.

Cameron and Bess are the only starters who catch everything thrown their way. I liked what I saw from Cooper late and even Gurley (dude is freaking huge). Little is way too inconsistent still.

I'll watch the final quarter more closely tonight, but from what I saw, Cooper and Gurley came on, got free and caught some passes. The slightly scary thing is, if it hadn't been for the penalty on Cousins, we would have been an onside kick away from having the ball in a one touchdown game.

I would like to file a motion to the NFL Schedule dept. to BAN all Opening Days in Cleveland for least 5 years. Home is not our friend to start up the season as history has proved. Maybe play away for a few years, comming home after the 1st game might change things up. I find it strange in a way that we would get so many home starts for this many years...

I would like to file a motion to the NFL Schedule dept. to BAN all Opening Days in Cleveland for least 5 years. Home is not our friend to start up the season as history has proved. Maybe play away for a few years, comming home after the 1st game might change things up. I find it strange in a way that we would get so many home starts for this many years...

Well if you remember in 2010 they did in fact open on the road in Tampa Bay, and lost 17-14, so that may not necessarily break the game 1 curse either. I don't have an answer, but I know I am tired of getting my hopes up year after year since 1999, only to be let down over and over. It's like watching Ground Hog Day! Same shit different season!!!

Archived