THE BROWNS BOARD

Mingo was probably a wasted pick

beefjerky

We didn't even have such a pressing need at that position, we had a pressing need at CB, and oline.

horrible draft picks are killing this team, our oline is garbage I don't care what anyone says, we should have picked warmack or at the very least dee milliner so we don't have to be starting the most penalized player in buster skrine instead of Mingo. Mingo would have been good on a team that is already established like the Pats or something.

Good thing we got fat mfer Lombardi sinking the sunk ship.

If you think we lost the game on pass coverage... yikes. Skrine had a decent game. Owens was bad. But our pass rush won the first half, badly lost the second half. That's what the league's about now. The Dolphins don't have amazing corners either... they just got after us all game long.

Having Mingo would've made for a much better pass rush rotation. Might've returned the favor more in the second half. We had nobody who looked remotely like Cameron Wake.

We didn't even have such a pressing need at that position, we had a pressing need at CB, and oline.

horrible draft picks are killing this team, our oline is garbage I don't care what anyone says, we should have picked warmack or at the very least dee milliner so we don't have to be starting the most penalized player in buster skrine instead of Mingo. Mingo would have been good on a team that is already established like the Pats or something.

didn't see a player @ 6 that was a must have or a game changer. this was the year to trade down and once again the front office got it wrong!

If you think we lost the game on pass coverage... yikes. Skrine had a decent game. Owens was bad. But our pass rush won the first half, badly lost the second half. That's what the league's about now. The Dolphins don't have amazing corners either... they just got after us all game long.

Having Mingo would've made for a much better pass rush rotation. Might've returned the favor more in the second half. We had nobody who looked remotely like Cameron Wake.

Plus no Ahytba Rubin hurt

If Mingo produces he is worth it. Corners are overvalued if you can't pressure the QB and in the hands off league they are less effective

bullshit. rbs are overvalued. and why draft a DE when all we did in FA is sign LBs and hybrid DEs?

i'm not hating on mingo. i think he will be a good addition to the team, but how could you have looked at this team on paper before the draft and said "wow we gotta draft a DE!"?

bullshit. rbs are overvalued. and why draft a DE when all we did in FA is sign LBs and hybrid DEs?

i'm not hating on mingo. i think he will be a good addition to the team, but how could you have looked at this team on paper before the draft and said "wow we gotta draft a DE!"?

I think the Browns have lacked identity. There are shaping up thus far as being a really good defensive team. Next year's draft if they add another good LB and get a solid DB then they may have the best defense in the NFL. Once they establish themselves as a defensive force then you address the offense. RBs are overvalued unless you get that Adrian Peterson type, I don't think that's Trent but he is still young

Shitty, shitty drafts have and are killing us. Over hyped, over rated, slow RB at 3, move up and pay way too much to grab a 29 year old QB, and then take the latest workout warrior who's described as "a freakish athlete, with tons of upside" last year......... Other teams just keep getting better and better every April, and we find new and more spectacular ways to screw it up.

I think the Browns have lacked identity. There are shaping up thus far as being a really good defensive team. Next year's draft if they add another good LB and get a solid DB then they may have the best defense in the NFL. Once they establish themselves as a defensive force then you address the offense.

That dog don't hunt 'round here... I made the same case two years ago in my mock draft and was called crazy...

Welcome to the Asylum...

Yes, getting Warmack would have been nice- but you may have set a record throwing Mingo under the bus before he's even played a down in an NFL game that counts.

He's hurt? You didn't see Steeler fans throw DeCastro under the bus after he missed the entire season due to injury. Arizona's top pick Cooper is already out for the year- and you're bitching Mingo is going to miss a game or two? For all you know Barkie could be the next Derrick Thomas.

OK I'm no fan of Dumb-tardi's previous drafting record either. They saw Mingo as BPA over draft position of need. let's see how it plays out.

I understand drafting BPA, but why then go out in FA and get all these DE/LB guys? Either use the draft to fill hole or use FA.

Not saying Mingo won't be a good player, but we don't need to keep addressing a position where we finally have depth. We have much bigger needs to address.

Finding an elite pass rusher is one of the hardest things to do in FA. The more pass rushers the merrier in this defense. If Mingo was playing there would have been more rotation and our guys wouldn't have ran out of steam in the 4th. Plus with Mingos elite athleticism he will possibly develop into a great pass coverage OLB which will be huge against these freakish TE's that are seamingly taking over the game. We picked the BPA and in 3 years there is no way you look back on him as a wasted pick. Take that to the bank.

Finding an elite pass rusher is one of the hardest things to do in FA. The more pass rushers the merrier in this defense. If Mingo was playing there would have been more rotation and our guys wouldn't have ran out of steam in the 4th. Plus with Mingos elite athleticism he will possibly develop into a great pass coverage OLB which will be huge against these freakish TE's that are seamingly taking over the game. We picked the BPA and in 3 years there is no way you look back on him as a wasted pick. Take that to the bank.

This^

Zombo

I, for one, would actually like to see Mingo in an actual game before I call this one.

The promise is there, but one spin-move in preseason does not a legend make...

Jury is still out on the Mingo pick.

as winded?

what happended to chudinzki having this team 'ready to play'?

what now you are saying they weren't conditioned enough to last an entire game? i tell you what the 'D' would be running laps before and after 'practice' until they couldn't take another step.

that's just bullshit. another savior coach and staff coming in to save the browns. well you better hope they man up against the ravens or there will some serious shit flying around this joint come monday.

oh and as for turner.......anyone see the demise of phillip rivers last night? seems to me his stint with dallas was just luck. san diego sure as hell did nothing under him and how did he groom rivers? to find a way to lose games? to throw those terrible interceptions that cost you games? sounds a lot like weeden to me.

I, for one, would actually like to see Mingo in an actual game before I call this one.

The promise is there, but one spin-move in preseason does not a legend make...

Jury is still out on the Mingo pick.

didn't mind the mingo pick like i said but the glaring need was a CB to play opposite haden.

what happened to mcfadden? was he hurt? did he even play?

as winded?

what happended to chudinzki having this team 'ready to play'?

what now you are saying they weren't conditioned enough to last an entire game? i tell you what the 'D' would be running laps before and after 'practice' until they couldn't take another step.

that's just bullshit. another savior coach and staff coming in to save the browns. well you better hope they man up against the ravens or there will some serious shit flying around this joint come monday.

oh and as for turner.......anyone see the demise of phillip rivers last night? seems to me his stint with dallas was just luck. san diego sure as hell did nothing under him and how did he groom rivers? to find a way to lose games? to throw those terrible interceptions that cost you games? sounds a lot like weeden to me.

Wow dude you are way off base. Norv Turner went 56-40 with the Chargers. In 2009 they went 13-3, 2010 they went 9-7. What happened? LTomlinson was released. In my opinion Rivers was always an average QB that was ssuccessful because of a dominant run game, good coaching, Vincent Jackson and Gates. Phillip Rivers is not Brady or Manning and is showing that now with a very weak supporting cast. The Chargers were cheap and didn't resign any of their big time free agents, had some guys retire on the oline and missed on some draft picks. Now they're bad.

Oh, and most guys that play in the front seven in football get tired and take plays off. No matter how many laps they run in practice.

I can't believe I missed this incredible thread. Some of you guys are so down on this team after one game that you have to go after the rookie who hasn't even played one down in the NFL.

Somebody delete this thread, please...

Well almost everyone is entitled to their opinion here- regardless if it's way off base. And the number of responses will dictate how fast the Mods are on the trigger finger. The folks that posted rebuttals did spend some time composing their posts. :)

Well almost everyone is entitled to their opinion here- regardless if it's way off base. And the number of responses will dictate how fast the Mods are on the trigger finger. The folks that posted rebuttals did spend some time composing their posts. :)

I believe most of the rebuttals were either along the lines of "he's not even played a down yet" or "you can never have enough pass rushers" - both valid points!

Well almost everyone is entitled to their opinion here... :)

Two questions:

1. Is there a list of the un-entitled?

2. If yes, do you take nominations?

My biggest issue with the Browns isn't with the people we drafted, it's with the picks we passed on (to next year) and not doing enough in free agency to fill glaring holes. We needed an NFL football ready FB CB and S and a G. Why weren't they secured in the winter months with all that money? If you're not going to field a competent team, why bother to pretend that the season matters? Why collect a check as a CEO, President, or GM? They did nothing to deserve it, like their predecessors.

Archived