THE BROWNS BOARD

Do you see the no hesitation in McCoy? Take notes Trich

Soju

I hear ya man, what a crappy pick. I remember when you were all for the pick and I couldn't understand why!! Doh!!

Go Trent, he da man.

Like I said, the announcers commented during replays on the 5 or so carries where T-Rich could've left it at one cut and got more yards than he did by cutting 4 or 5 times in a small space (and not at McCoy's pace, to be sure). He really needs to get his 4 or 5 and stop getting 2 because he's dancing.

It's not hard to spot when it's replayed and commented on. I wouldn't draft ANY back that high in today's league... and I really don't think T-Rich was "The One" anyway. I think he's a good back. I think he's versatile and committed. But I don't really believe he'll win us a lot more games than Bernard Pierce would have (3rd rounder in 2012).

Honestly, I think the draft was obvious: Tannehill and then Martin, whom the Browns were said to love. But it didn't go that way and we can move on. It is going to cost us because as of right now, today, I'm no more convinced that Weeden is our long-term starter... and I'm betting Banner and Lombardi feel the same. It can change.

I liked the pick better than some of the alternatives... but my pick was Tannehill/Martin. But I figured with a rookie salary cap, you could afford to get a back's best five years and call it a relationship. Plenty of smart guys told me he might be the best player in the draft so my sense was, "Well, he isn't a cornerback. Go out and conquer the world."

But to use a #3 after a pricey trade-up, I've always said he better be great, not good. Good is all the fuck over the draft and after. Good is what most teams want at running back, with more good behind it. Great is for quarterbacks and pass rushers, if you're constructed right.

To be worth a #3 pick, you shouldn't need people making excuses for you. You should just get on with gaining 1,500 yards at 4.7 a clip, period. End of sentence. Same thing for Darren McFadden: Top 10 back, you need to start cutting against the grain and carrying your team, make life easier for your quarterback (who eventually has to win it for you).

I liked the pick better than some of the alternatives... but my pick was Tannehill/Martin. But I figured with a rookie salary cap, you could afford to get a back's best five years and call it a relationship. Plenty of smart guys told me he might be the best player in the draft so my sense was, "Well, he isn't a cornerback. Go out and conquer the world."

But to use a #3 after a pricey trade-up, I've always said he better be great, not good. Good is all the fuck over the draft and after. Good is what most teams want at running back, with more good behind it. Great is for quarterbacks and pass rushers, if you're constructed right.

To be worth a #3 pick, you shouldn't need people making excuses for you. You should just get on with gaining 1,500 yards at 4.7 a clip, period. End of sentence. Same thing for Darren McFadden: Top 10 back, you need to start cutting against the grain and carrying your team, make life easier for your quarterback (who eventually has to win it for you).

Tannehill just seems like another Chad Henne. How many interceptions did our secondary drop that hit them I'm the hands ... Three?

Z

I started to read your last post, it got weird and insulting so I stopped, but I'll continue to read your more meaningful stuff, which is great.

I'm sorry, it was more geared towards humor than towards belittling. I enjoy our debates, you're one of the posters who actually understands what he's saying and why he's saying it.

I just knew this week would be miserable from the moment the final whistle blew.

The second guessing makes me want to post my superman post again. LOL

Look, if we had drafted Doug Martin, he would not have fared any better than TR.

It's the oline. Tannehill, same thing. The Browns were really looking good with Pinkston

and Lauvao in there, and I had reservations about Lauvao sp?

Now, as agonizing as it can be, they have the same problem - oline. Without Gordon, two OG's,

it's not an effective offense against a front seven as good as Miami's.

That's all. The best rb gets pounded at the los with no blocking. Comparing TR to McCoy with a healthy, big

oline, against a different defense no less....is just ...what? baloney? Invalid?

I usually just attribute the second-guessing to venting after a loss. But the reality is, the Browns still need

a blue chippie wr that catches everything, gets yacs, and gets off the line and gets open fast.

Both Brady and Peyton love Welker. That's why - Welker does exactly that. Bess is the best bet to fil that role,

but without Gordon and Little dropping passes, and, not to forget, Weeden throwing inaccurately, it's

not working. It all starts up front with the protections.

I'm really, really hoping Cousins has a great day next week. but until the OG's get right, the Browns

will be hoping and praying Pinkston and Lauvao come back asap, along with Gordon.

BTW, if Little bonks one, okay, two more pass(es), not the qb's fault, I'd bench him and put Gurley in.

I'm getting tired of Little. He went to court, and he also had invalid license plates? Seriously?

Little appears to be a knucklehead, one who won't get it, until he gets traded to another team, and only then realizes

he needs to get serious.

3) Trent for better or worse is a downhill runner that makes people miss with his size and strength. Clearly that is an effective model (see AP) but even AP gets stuffed when there's no line push. The reason the Vikings are good is because their identity, just like the Eagles, is the run game. I hate to say it but last week looked like another game of Browns football where the coaches had no idea WTF to do on offense. I'd love to see what Trent could do with 25-30 carries consistently.

I get it, top 3 pick on a RB was high. But the guy dances at the line because there's nowhere to go. I just don't get what you all expect the man to do when 3 guys get penetration in the backfield and the lineman are getting no push.

Sorry- at this point comparing Richardson to Peterson is laughable. Peterson has a top gear & explosion TR can only dream about having. Sorry if I don't buy the "he was hurt all last year" mantra. Was he hurt his entire college career while we're at it? He got caught from behind several times at Alabama, Peterson and Sanders NEVER seemed to have that problem. Richardson has exceptional field vision- I'll grant him that- too bad he uses it to dance around, to try and find a non-existent hole. If you're a power runner, and the hole is marginal, blast through it dumbass. Saw you do it last year- "Richardson Rule".

#3 pick on TR was a waste, based on what I saw of his 'Tide years, doubly that Heckert stupidly gave up picks to do so. (excuse me putting on the rearview goggles if there happened to be a once in a generation OG (think he might be a tad better than Cousins?) and a pretty decent CB on the board for the taking) I didn't see Peterson good, Tomlinson good, Barry Sanders good, Jim Brown good, Bo Jackson good (Jackson ran a 4.2 @ 232 pounds, FYI). That, in today's NFL my friend is the only reason to take a running back that high. Trent will not be a "once in a generation" back- MHO is he's going to struggle mightily to even be Ray Rice good- and the comparison starts this coming Sunday.

Oh well what's done is done. 6-10 here we come.

Sorry- at this point comparing Richardson to Peterson is laughable. Peterson has a top gear & explosion TR can only dream about having. Sorry if I don't buy the "he was hurt all last year" mantra. Was he hurt his entire college career while were at it? He got caught from behind several times at Alabama, Peterson and Sanders NEVER seemed to have that problem. Richardson has exceptional field vision- I'll grant him that- too bad he uses it to dance around, to try and find a non-existent hole. If you're a power runner, and the hole is marginal, blast through it dumbass. Saw you do it last year- "Richardson Rule".

Woah calm down man, you're misreading what I said. Trent is never going to be AP (no one is). The point I'm making here is that you can be a damn good runner without be the shifty LeSean McCoy, C.J. Spiller type back. I'll have to take your word on him being caught from behind, I can't really think of a time but I can't say it hasn't happened.

I really don't disagree with you as I've said about Trent going at #3. I thought it was a reach at the time too but the Browns DESPERATELY needed an offensive weapon. From the start I never saw Trent as the next Sanders, but it's clear he's got the skills to be an above average back. We have to get Trent the ball more than 13 times though, I think we can all agree on that.

Sorry- at this point comparing Richardson to Peterson is laughable. Peterson has a top gear & explosion TR can only dream about having. Sorry if I don't buy the "he was hurt all last year" mantra. Was he hurt his entire college career while we're at it? He got caught from behind several times at Alabama, Peterson and Sanders NEVER seemed to have that problem. Richardson has exceptional field vision- I'll grant him that- too bad he uses it to dance around, to try and find a non-existent hole. If you're a power runner, and the hole is marginal, blast through it dumbass. Saw you do it last year- "Richardson Rule".

#3 pick on TR was a waste, based on what I saw of his 'Tide years, doubly that Heckert stupidly gave up picks to do so. (excuse me putting on the rearview goggles if there happened to be a once in a generation OG (think he might be a tad better than Cousins?) and a pretty decent CB on the board for the taking) I didn't see Peterson good, Tomlinson good, Barry Sanders good, Jim Brown good, Bo Jackson good (Jackson ran a 4.2 @ 232 pounds, FYI). That, in today's NFL my friend is the only reason to take a running back that high. Trent will not be a "once in a generation" back- MHO is he's going to struggle mightily to even be Ray Rice good- and the comparison starts this coming Sunday.

Trent is a 3rd down back who will be out of football in 2 years..mark it down...

Trent is a 3rd down back who will be out of football in 2 years..mark it down...

c'mon man! give the guy a chance. if we ever have a 'complete' OLine things could and will be different.

i blame his lack of production more on weeden cuz other teams are just daring him to throw the screen.

pick six everytime.

c'mon man! give the guy a chance. if we ever have a 'complete' OLine things could and will be different.

i blame his lack of production more on weeden cuz other teams are just daring him to throw the screen.

pick six everytime.

No offense,,,I dont hate the kid...Im just not seeing it,,,

I thought the same thing, Ray Rice will end up having a better career than TR.

I hope we go 6-10, If our O Line doesn't shape up, expect our average 2-4 win season. No QB or RB can play decent if our O Line continues to suck it up.

I'd rather address the fact we didn't even try to upgrade our guard positions, when they're the fuel for a running game. Even if Lauvao were healthy, he's still not a good guard and a detriment to the team.

T-Rich is a capable back and he's talented there's no doubt, he's never going to have a chance if he can't go up the middle without meeting a group of defenders ready to bury him.

Archived