THE BROWNS BOARD

Geno Smith is better than Weeden

Zombo

And a Heisman trophy nominee, unanimous All American and National Champion runningback. And an all SEC defensive end.

It's not like we didn't get playmakers.

I know ...

Overreaction Thursday.

It's like Weeds and I are going through a bad breakup ... and everytime I drink I get more pissed at her.

We really need to play another football game.

Zombo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Matt Cassel looked like the second coming of Tom Brady until he went to the Chiefs.

The problems are much deeper than QB! Weeden is a serviable QB, he just needs more than 1-2 seconds to throw the ball. Let alone in the Norv/Chud deep ball offense, you need time to hrow.

OOOOOOHHHHHHH...... I did not realize we were a good team my bad.

Well, maybe that's because you're an idiot.

truth be told I think the Jets offense stacks up equal if not better than ours.

Yes, they are awesome. Kellen Winslow won a job and Braylon Edwards almost did.

it's one thing to sputter off some nonsense and then claime you been downing the apple pucker all night as an excuse. to stick your foot in your mouth like you did last night and actually have conviction on itis comical.

I didn't stick my foot n my mouth. Why? Because Smith had bad stats in his second start on a shitty team against a Belichick defense?

I said he moves better and is more decisive than our guy.

It's true. Pucker on this, Dicklips.

Zombo

Zombo, on 12 Sept 2013 - 9:47 PM, said:snapback.png

Hoyer? He's a nobody with no tools.

We can win this division, 9-7 if Campbell started.

Z

lol. I'm no Weeden fan, but this is an abomination Zombo. Say no to bath salts...

He was 12 - 10 with the Raiders. The Raiders.

Was off to a 4-2 start the last time he was a starter and then got injured.

He's not bad, guys.

Zombo

Z

He's not bad, guys.

Zombo

He's 31-40 for his career with 0 postseason appearances.

Geno sucks is the moral of last nights game. The only thing he has going for him is above average mobility. What was easy to take away from last night's game though is how important it is to have WR's who actually CATCH THE BALL. Look at how out of sync even the great Tom Brady was when his guys weren't catching the football.

This years draft class of QBs was really weak, Geno maybe better than Weedon but that isn't saying much. I personally hoped that our front office looked at the crop of QBs and decided to give Weedon one more chance while checking out next years crop that should be a little better.

I think this is exactly it. EJ Manuel, Geno Smith and...who was the next rookie QB taken? Would you say any of them are better than Bridgewater, Boyd or even Johnny Football? You could almost put braxston miller in there as well. Next year's QB class is good, this year's wasn't, and the FO presumably saw that and decided to wait. If weeden can show that he can actually have the odd reasonable game in the NFL, he could serve either as a backup or we could trade him maybe to be a backup, you never know.

I'm not worried.

Mostly because if you were any good at reading six years into the future you would have killed yourself already.

And as for having the best record in Ohio, I'm guessing the Browns won't even have the best record in Cleveland, assuming for a moment you city actually has a college or welding school that can afford to field a football team.

The only school (college) in Cleveland proper (not suburbs) that fields a football team is Case Western Reserve...and I don't know if they have ever had a decent team.

Now, if you want to talk about "Greater Cleveland" i.e. Northeast Ohio, you will probably find the greatest football dynasty ever at any level of football: Mt. Union

Z

He's not bad, guys.

Zombo

Man, listen, I know your jacked at Weeden, but hes got way more potential, and probably already is better than Campbell.

Campbell had a good season with the raiders, why? Because it was the year Tebow was starting for the Broncos, the year Rivers started acting Retarded and forgot how to throw a ball in San Diego, and when the Chiefs were the laughing stock of the league. And even with that being said he lost 8 games. Hue Jackson doesnt get enough credit for the Raiders run he had, he made the offense catered to a run game and Campbells strengths which is THE CHECK DOWN. Watch some of those Raiders games, its Campbell checking down constantly. Seriously, Campbell is not good, I watched every single game that guy played in while in a Redskins uniform. He was terrible. Hes scared to throw deep, hes got absolutely no fire, and worst of all, he takes so many sacks, its saddening. Campbell is serviceable, but you will be looking at the offense as Colt McCoys offense 2.0. Seriously. I know nothing about Hoyer, but man, this is Weedens 17th game. If you look at Weedens stats last year, his rookie year, his stats would be considered amazing pre cam newton/dalton/griffin/luck etc; If Weeden comes in this league at 29 years old, 5 years ago and has the same year he did last year, stat wise, then hes considered a future hofer because of how good he played as a rookie. Miami has a really good defense, they are just unknown. Wait til after this week, I think Weeds may surprise some people this week. Plus, its hard to throw when you are only running th eball 15 times.

And Zombo, I feel you man, this was how life as a Redskins fan was for decades. Draft/Sign QB A, he turns out terrible, and QB B is sitting on the bench and looks intriguing. I pray RG3 can stay healthy and I pray he continues to heal, he was rusty that first half but he completed 61%, 330 yards, and 2 tds/2ints, which if that was tony romo, the media would be sucking his dick. But, even with that being said, over in Redskins world, during that first half there were many fans that were calling for his head and wanting Cousins to start. The truth is, its just human nature, we want instant gratification and we will always be intrigued by the guy on the bench and think "what if" But trust me man, if you think Colt McCoy frustrated you, wait til you watch Campbell. Weeden will recover, and yall beat the ravens 24-21.

Edit:

Also, remember how bad Eli was for those first 2 seasons? Think people care about that now?

Well, maybe that's because you're an idiot.

Yes, they are awesome. Kellen Winslow won a job and Braylon Edwards almost did.

I didn't stick my foot n my mouth. Why? Because Smith had bad stats in his second start on a shitty team against a Belichick defense?

I said he moves better and is more decisive than our guy.

It' true. Pucker on this, Dicklips.

Zombo[/quote

Mom the rhinos getting to close to the car.. Jezzz son quit takin the cheese

Man, listen, I know your jacked at Weeden, but hes got way more potential, and probably already is better than Campbell.

Campbell had a good season with the raiders, why? Because it was the year Tebow was starting for the Broncos, the year Rivers started acting Retarded and forgot how to throw a ball in San Diego, and when the Chiefs were the laughing stock of the league. And even with that being said he lost 8 games. Hue Jackson doesnt get enough credit for the Raiders run he had, he made the offense catered to a run game and Campbells strengths which is THE CHECK DOWN. Watch some of those Raiders games, its Campbell checking down constantly. Seriously, Campbell is not good, I watched every single game that guy played in while in a Redskins uniform. He was terrible. Hes scared to throw deep, hes got absolutely no fire, and worst of all, he takes so many sacks, its saddening. Campbell is serviceable, but you will be looking at the offense as Colt McCoys offense 2.0. Seriously. I know nothing about Hoyer, but man, this is Weedens 17th game. If you look at Weedens stats last year, his rookie year, his stats would be considered amazing pre cam newton/dalton/griffin/luck etc; If Weeden comes in this league at 29 years old, 5 years ago and has the same year he did last year, stat wise, then hes considered a future hofer because of how good he played as a rookie. Miami has a really good defense, they are just unknown. Wait til after this week, I think Weeds may surprise some people this week. Plus, its hard to throw when you are only running th eball 15 times.

And Zombo, I feel you man, this was how life as a Redskins fan was for decades. Draft/Sign QB A, he turns out terrible, and QB B is sitting on the bench and looks intriguing. I pray RG3 can stay healthy and I pray he continues to heal, he was rusty that first half but he completed 61%, 330 yards, and 2 tds/2ints, which if that was tony romo, the media would be sucking his dick. But, even with that being said, over in Redskins world, during that first half there were many fans that were calling for his head and wanting Cousins to start. The truth is, its just human nature, we want instant gratification and we will always be intrigued by the guy on the bench and think "what if" But trust me man, if you think Colt McCoy frustrated you, wait til you watch Campbell. Weeden will recover, and yall beat the ravens 24-21.

Edit:

Also, remember how bad Eli was for those first 2 seasons? Think people care about that now?

I am craving mediocrity right now.

Check downs sound fun ... I think we can catch those.

Seriously, I just need another football game. I can't remember being this mad at the Browns this late in the week before. I almost always turn the corner by Thursday.

There was just something about the look on Weeden's face sunday that made me want to punch him.

I'm liking our defense, I'm liking our coaching ... I want to punch the Quarterback in the face.

Zombo

--and it looks like they are not going to take Cousins out back and shoot him, which is another disappointment.

Mom the rhinos getting to close to the car.. Jezzz son quit takin the cheese

Am I the rhino in this scenario? Or the mouse taking the cheese?

Either way ... "Pucker on this, Dicklips" was a much more effective insult.

You might want to brush up on your game a little if you are going to play the assmunch role in this whole thing.

Zombo

Am I the rhino in this scenario? Or the mouse taking the cheese?

Either way ... "Pucker on this, Dicklips" was a much more effective insult.

You might want to brush up on your game a little if you are going to play the assmunch role in this whole thing.

Zombo

Pucker on this, Dicklips was an extremely effective insult.

Assmuch is going to be the new name of the next troll on this board.

I am craving mediocrity right now.

Check downs sound fun ... I think we can catch those.

Seriously, I just need another football game. I can't remember being this mad at the Browns this late in the week before. I almost always turn the corner by Thursday.

There was just something about the look on Weeden's face sunday that made me want to punch him.

I'm liking our defense, I'm liking our coaching ... I want to punch the Quarterback in the face.

Zombo

--and it looks like they are not going to take Cousins out back and shoot him, which is another disappointment.

I totally get it, been there millions of times. Chuds a good coach though. I said last year on this board when I found out you guys hired him that in my opinion it was the best hire of the year. Great coaches arent great because of their playbook and making players understand it. Great coaches change their playbook to adapt to their players strengths and as you can see already, without Chud, Cam Newton isnt looking all that good is he? Itll take a minute for Chud to get used to what Weeden doesnt like, and what he likes to do, but once he gets it, he and norv will make a tailor made offense for him. I think Weeds is suited for a shotgun, let him read the D without being under center, Norv may be a little more stubborn on making "his" offense work, but once Chud sees it doesnt work, he will get on Norv to fix it. I watched TR in college and he was 100x better than Lacy, better than Ingram, etc; hes just gotta get back in the groove of things in my opinion. Gordons a beast, but other than that your WR corp is weak, but that can be fixxed. Honestly you guys have a solid team, if weeds doesnt start producing by week 6, then you can pull a Jim Irsay and just throw the towel in on the season on purpose to get the best QB of the draft the next year (screw the colts and Irsay, he definitely had them throw the towel in to get Luck and they are so lucky with QBs.) Anyway, The coaching you have is way above average, the defense, for the most part, is way above average. The QB and some WR's (and a OL named Cousins) is your only question marks, you guys are in a much better spot then you were two years ago though.

Drunken is encouraged.

The only things that get moved to the Barber Shop are gay things like soccer and uniform talk.

Zombo

Have you been watching Project Runway this season Z? I missed it last night. I mean, a week or so ago they had the designers put together running outfits....why not football uniforms, eh?

The only school (college) in Cleveland proper (not suburbs) that fields a football team is Case Western Reserve...and I don't know if they have ever had a decent team.

I had no idea Cleveland has no major colleges to speak of....but it does explain a great deal.

So where do you swarthy immigrant types send your most gifted children?

Fishing boats? Meat packing plants? Pittsburgh?

I had no idea Cleveland has no major colleges to speak of....but it does explain a great deal.

You mean Division I football schools? No division I schools inside the city limits of Cleveland. So? There are only 8 Division I (FBS) schools in the state (and by the way, that is tied for 2d most of all states...only Texas has more).

And where do they send their most gifted high school football players? That would almost certainly be THE Ohio State University. Ever hear of it? (though I suspect some do go to that school up north, and maybe Pitt or Penn St.....Hoyer, from St. Ignatius went to Mich. St.)

Beyond that Kent State and Akron are in the NEO area.

(the 8 are: OSU, Kent St., Akron, Ohio U, Bowling Green, Miami Oh., Cincinnati, Toledo)

FYI, the Cleveland area also has some good Division III football, like Baldwin-Wallace in Berea, John Carroll in University Hts. and a few others (Oberlin, Hiram...I am sure I am missing some).

And if you are really, truly interested in that question...here is a list:

http://www.cleveland.com/hssports/blog/index.ssf/2013/02/cleveland-area_high_school_foo.html

I totally get it, been there millions of times. Chuds a good coach though. I said last year on this board when I found out you guys hired him that in my opinion it was the best hire of the year. Great coaches arent great because of their playbook and making players understand it. Great coaches change their playbook to adapt to their players strengths and as you can see already, without Chud, Cam Newton isnt looking all that good is he? Itll take a minute for Chud to get used to what Weeden doesnt like, and what he likes to do, but once he gets it, he and norv will make a tailor made offense for him. I think Weeds is suited for a shotgun, let him read the D without being under center, Norv may be a little more stubborn on making "his" offense work, but once Chud sees it doesnt work, he will get on Norv to fix it. I watched TR in college and he was 100x better than Lacy, better than Ingram, etc; hes just gotta get back in the groove of things in my opinion. Gordons a beast, but other than that your WR corp is weak, but that can be fixxed. Honestly you guys have a solid team, if weeds doesnt start producing by week 6, then you can pull a Jim Irsay and just throw the towel in on the season on purpose to get the best QB of the draft the next year (screw the colts and Irsay, he definitely had them throw the towel in to get Luck and they are so lucky with QBs.) Anyway, The coaching you have is way above average, the defense, for the most part, is way above average. The QB and some WR's (and a OL named Cousins) is your only question marks, you guys are in a much better spot then you were two years ago though.

Chud and Norv have had plenty of opportunity to figure out weeds strengths and weaknesses. Seems to me that OTAs, training camp, voluntary minicamps, and four weeks of offseason workouts would be an adequate assessment period. It doesn't make a bit of sense to me that the playbook continues to be fine tuned in an effort to create a "tailor made" offensive scheme for the work-in-progress weeds. the fucker either gets it or he doesn't.

You don't send an army infantry squad into action without ascertaining the competencies of each member. You've got your rifleman with his M16; a gunner with a M249 SAWS and a grenadier and his M320. You sure as fuck don't want to be in a position of weapon assignment when the shit storm hits. In other words, just like an NFL offense, your squad must be armed and ready to execute the battle plan. The players that don't preform need to be replaced and sent to the bench or, in the army, shipped to the rear to peel taters and clean the shitters. It's time for weeds to park his ass on the pine so he can start peeling the spuds and chasing turds.

All you fools pimped Weeden from Day 1. STick with him now... he's your man. Haha, That Ratturds are going to crush us!

US? who is us? It can't be the Browns since you enjoy openly rooting against them ever since your boyfriend colt mcnoodle arm got benched and then sent on his merry way.

Still wondering why someone like you who claims to always buy season tickets wanted a free ticket to the opener last year.

US? who is us?

yeah there are plenty of 'us' who scoffed at the pick me included.

that being said he was a first round pick who we traded up to get so stick his ass in there and let him get hit a hundred times a game. maybe then he'll learn how to read what's going on on the other side of the ball.

i really think gordon needs to turn him onto his weed man. i don't think he's THAT dumb BUT he needs to get into a zone and maybe a few tokes on the green could 'open his eyes'.

BTW geno smith sucks. he wasn't even going to be the jets starter cept ryan's stoopid preseason move. and if you can't beat out sanchez, well that says a lot.

Archived