THE BROWNS BOARD

Geno Smith is better than Weeden

Zombo

Eyeball test ... More fluid, more decisive, gun just as good ... We keep fucking up this QB thing.

More fluid? No. More decisive? No. Gun as good? No.

Above is what my eyes tell me anywho...

Although I was firmly aboard the EJ Manuel train.

Liking him as well, but am concerned for his and Spiller's survival.

I know ...

Overreaction Thursday.

It's like Weeds and I are going through a bad breakup ... and everytime I drink I get more pissed at her.

We really need to play another football game.

Zombo

Recognizing you have a problem is the first step in addressing it...

I'm liking our defense, I'm liking our coaching ... I want to punch the Quarterback in the face.

Zombo

--and it looks like they are not going to take Cousins out back and shoot him, which is another disappointment.

Could be a market for Wheezy punching bags.

And Cousins is being punished by having to start across the line from Ngata...

This is such a bad thread that this should be put into Barber Shop. New Rule you are not allowed to post anything when drunk

LOL... a breathalyzer on Z's lappie... I'm in for a fin...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had no idea Cleveland has no major colleges to speak of....but it does explain a great deal.

So where do you swarthy immigrant types send your most gifted children?

Fishing boats? Meat packing plants? Pittsburgh?

damn son. you are a regular ball breaker

• 2 weeks later...

Geno is still better than Weeden.

Z

--but he's no Brian Hoyer

Oh shut the fuck up already, Zombo.

We get it. You hate Weeden, you think you're being cutesy with your whole "Brian Hoyer is the best" schtick.

Hoyer played very well today (for the most part), against what is nearly the worst defense in the league. The Vikings give up nearly 450 yards per game and have had 96 points scored against them this season, the third highest in the league.

Do I want Hoyer to be great? Absolutely I do. There's nothing more that I would love than to see a Cleveland boy lead this team back into its glory days.

But Hoyer still threw three INT's and made some awful mistakes...and that was, once again, against a very bad defense. Going into today, the Vikes had three INT's. They doubled that in one game.

Had Weeden thrown 3 INT's and posted a rating of 69, you'd be claiming that we won in spite of him.

Just stop being an unbiased idiot for once. It gets old.

We get it. You hate Weeden, you think you're being cutesy with your whole "Brian Hoyer is the best" schtick.

Hoyer played very well today (for the most part), against what is nearly the worst defense in the league. The Vikings give up nearly 450 yards per game and have had 96 points scored against them this season, the third highest in the league.

Do I want Hoyer to be great? Absolutely I do. There's nothing more that I would love than to see a Cleveland boy lead this team back into its glory days.

But Hoyer still threw three INT's and made some awful mistakes...and that was, once again, against a very bad defense. Going into today, the Vikes had three INT's. They doubled that in one game.

Had Weeden thrown 3 INT's and posted a rating of 69, you'd be claiming that we won in spite of him.

yeah but he (zombo) drinks a mean shirley temple and hands out tips to the ball washers.

next saturday he will have his head down at some local gin joint in cleveland with the rest of the mugs the night before the cincy game tailgate.

hey Z i can always fedex you some 'medication' that might get you through the weekend in one piece.

other than that my advice is to meet up with slowburn. "with eyes wide open".

Wow, somebody is pretty pissy after a win.

I don't understand that mentality. I've ever been upset or had a problem with somebody after a win.

I don't "hate" Brandon Weeden, I supported him harder and longer than most. After the Dolphin game, I realized he was never going to get it .. never be "the man" in Cleveland, and the Baltimore game reiterated that.

I revisited this thread after seeing that Geno Smith won another game and that our punter now has as many TD passes as Weeden had in two full games.

Not sure why everyone jumped on me for saying that Smith moved better and is more decisive than Weeden ... but he does, and he is. If you are still hanging on to Weeden, it is time to let go.

Had Weeden won ... we wouldn't be having this conversation.

And no, I've never bashed a player after a win or said we've won "in spite" of him. Winning is winning.

Someone who all of the sudden seems so concerned with my posting should know I feel that way.

There's no need to belittle a winning performance. We're not coaches, we're fans.

Weeden wasn't getting it done, Hoyer got it done.

I'll leave it up to you compare the defenses they faced and the guys they played with ... all I know is that when Brian Hoyer drove us down the field and threw the WINNING touchdown pass, all three interceptions were forgiven because he did enough enough to win the game and actually engineered the winning score.

I he hope he gets the next start, he has earned it in my book. He also moves better and is more decisive and than Mr. Weeden, and he has touch ... very good touch ... Brandon could have used some in those two losses

So yes, we have two QBs capable of throwing 3 ints in a football game. I'll take the guy that won his.

Do you prefer your idiots to be biased?

Stop being pissed off all the time ... it gets old.

Zombo

Archived