THE BROWNS BOARD

Weeden Ruled Out

TypicalBrowns

Like it was mentioned before, this will be the real test for Hoyer. If he can pull off the win versus the Bengals, a much better defensive team, then I think he will lock down the starting job for the rest of the year. I do think that no matter what happens except for going to the AFC Championship game or to the Super Bowl then we will be drafting a QB next year.

well if he beats the Bengals?? At what point of a hoyer loss does everyone surrender and say might want to see what weeden does the rest of the year with Gordon and company.

If weeden is out like it looks like he WILL find work in the NFL.

BTW I'm not into the whole hometown boy bullshit. We've seen that crap crash and burn twice. I'm not rooting more for a guy because he grew up around here.

well if he beats the Bengals?? At what point of a hoyer loss does everyone surrender and say might want to see what weeden does the rest of the year with Gordon and company.

BTW I'm not into the whole hometown boy bullshit. We've seen that crap crash and burn twice. I'm not rooting more for a guy because he grew up around here.

I assume you mean Charlie Frye and Brady Quinn....and not Bernie Kosar?

As Zombo opined- Hoyer will get at least the Bengals and Bills games to show what he's got. If he totally sucks, Chud probably wil go back to Weeden. The handwriting is on the wall though- the Browns Brass thinks Weeden isn't the answer either. A strong arm with minimal quarterbacking skill can equal a long career as a backup- just ask DA.

EDIT: See below Gip- I almost never mess with someone else's posts- but I had to clarify & correct- I boogered up my reply to cd15. I'll claim this as my excuse- had a flu shot yesterday that had me feeling like I had the flu- bad reaction.

As Zombo opined- Hoyer will get at least the Bengals and Bills games to show what he's got. If he totally sucks, Chud probably wil go back to Weeden. The handwriting is on the wall though- the Browns Brass thinks Weeden isn't the answer either. A strong arm with minimal quarterbacking skill can equal a long career as a backup- just ask DA.

If he performs well and wins this week, it will seriously start the talk of not needing to draft a QB next year (remember Lombardi loves Hoyer).

Agree, Mark... at least not needing a to draft a franchise QB.

The more Hoyer wins, the more you can forget a first round QB and the more we look for a 2nd to 4th round prospect with upside.

Uuu ooh. I think I smell a future PG crush on Hoyer. Hopefully its justified.

Nah... just a rebound infatuation...

Archived