THE BROWNS BOARD

Weeden Ruled Out

TypicalBrowns

Good news. This week will be a true test of Hoyer's ability as a NFL QB. He'll be going up against a 10x better defense and team in general. If he preforms and gets a win there's no reason to even think about putting Weeden back in.

If he performs well and wins this week, it will seriously start the talk of not needing to draft a QB next year (remember Lombardi loves Hoyer). With a short week between games, I'd think it's almost a lock he also gets the start against the Bills unless he shits the bed on Sunday against the Bungles.

If he performs well and wins this week, it will seriously start the talk of not needing to draft a QB next year (remember Lombardi loves Hoyer). With a short week between games, I'd think it's almost a lock he also gets the start against the Bills unless he shits the bed on Sunday against the Bungles.

maybe we can get a 3rd roounder for weeden. lol.

maybe we can get a 3rd roounder for weeden. lol.

LOL, try 7th. It's just as well Hoyer is starting- Chud isn't THAT stupid on a couple of counts.

1) Hoyer is much faster in his reads- Weeds would be back there scratching his ass trying to read the Bungle D and wind up getting sacked 8-10 times.

2) Brian will be super pumped starting his first game in front of the hometown fans- let's just hope he doesn't get himself too jacked up. :)

3) After the Vikes game, you can bet Weeden would get booed from the introduction if he were starting, the first int he'd hear a deafening chorus in Boo Flat, and Chud would be able to hear the "we want Hoyer" chant through his headphones.

This might be a stupid question. But was Hoyer officially announced the starter? We have to assume he is, but there was some discussion about plugging in Campbell.

i think the fact that they brought in hoyer, then they started him over campbell means they are looking at this kid in hopes he could be the real deal. i'm not sure but i don't think he was here here to compete in training camp.

they already know what they have in campbell, so this is hoyer's chance to show the FO what he can do against real competition (sorry vikes fans).

I would think this means he is getting two more starts, minimum, because if Weeds isn't practicing this week, they aren't going throw him in there on a short week next Thursday.

Has all the elements of a Cleveland-style Hollywood story IF he is able to turn this into something real.

Good luck, kid.

Zombo

I would think this means he is getting two more starts, minimum, because if Weeds isn't practicing this week, they aren't going throw him in there on a short week next Thursday.

Has all the elements of a Cleveland-style Hollywood story IF he is able to turn this into something real.

Good luck, kid.

Zombo

I'm definitely pulling for him.

Wrong... We will draft a QB, but if Hoyer is legit then we don't have to trade our whole draft to move up and get a top QB. We could get one with our 2nd 1st rounder, our 2nd rounder, or even in the 3rd and maybe not have to throw them into the fire right away.

I think we got a 5th or 6th round pick for Frye.

If Hoyer wins enough games this year to throw us into the playoffs... QB be damned in the draft. Hoyer will be the guy going forward. If we miss the playoffs then we will take a top QB. We will most likely go for a CB/FS with one of our top 2 picks next year. I think that regardless of what we think we need we will probably take the best player available at the time. If it's a tie then I'm betting it would go to a position of need.

If Hoyer wins enough games this year to throw us into the playoffs... QB be damned in the draft. Hoyer will be the guy going forward. If we miss the playoffs then we will take a top QB. We will most likely go for a CB/FS with one of our top 2 picks next year. I think that regardless of what we think we need we will probably take the best player available at the time. If it's a tie then I'm betting it would go to a position of need.

Uuu ooh. I think I smell a future PG crush on Hoyer. Hopefully its justified.

Like it was mentioned before, this will be the real test for Hoyer. If he can pull off the win versus the Bengals, a much better defensive team, then I think he will lock down the starting job for the rest of the year. I do think that no matter what happens except for going to the AFC Championship game or to the Super Bowl then we will be drafting a QB next year.

Archived