THE BROWNS BOARD

Are the Browns rolling out an elf mascot?

tampadawgs

Underneath the photo is a phrase that says says....

Catch the #Browns take on the #Bengals at FirstEnergy Stadium this Sunday at 1pm. Who knows who you’ll see there!

I think this is a tell here. I welcome Brownie back! This is what we've needed for a long time. I kept thinking in my head that "brownie" left with Paul Brown years ago and that's why we've had suck crap luck. Well, I always wanted to find a way to bring him back. If this is true and Brownie is back; 12-4 Dawgs!

they are preparing the fans for an incorporated Elf logo for the uniform change in '14. As someone else said, toughen him up or it's a no go for me.

He'll be all pissed off and psychotic looking. Eyebrows pointing down and a sick smile. Just like we all look after this many years of losing. It'll be cool. Relax.

The Dawg was a little confusing considering it has nothing to do with our name. It's nice to nickname your defense or a part of the stadium, but to start using it as your logo? Just never got it. And that B in a football thing was about as uninspired as it gets.

The elf is distinctive and a little quirky, which I love. Embrace it. Those old drawings of the grimacing elf running with a football, that was classic.

It's not actually an elf you know. According to lore a brownie is a house spirit most closely related to a hobgoblin. It does chores and favors in return for food but you must never gift it clothes. This is the surest way to offend it and ensure it never comes back. This is the only acceptable argument against changing the uniform.

It's not actually an elf you know. According to lore a brownie is a house spirit most closely related to a hobgoblin. It does chores and favors in return for food but you must never gift it clothes. This is the surest way to offend it and ensure it never comes back. This is the only acceptable argument against changing the uniform.

From the Wiki:

In folklore, a brownie resembles the hob, similar to a hobgoblin. Brownies are said to inhabit houses and aid in tasks around the house. However, they do not like to be seen and will only work at night, traditionally in exchange for small gifts of food. Among food, they especially enjoy porridge and honey. They usually abandon the house if their gifts are called payments, or if the owners of the house misuse them. Brownies make their homes in an unused part of the house.

Folklorist John Gregorson Campbell distinguishes between the English brownie, which lived in houses, and the Scottish ùruisg or urisk, which lived outside in streams and waterfalls and was less likely to offer domestic help.[1] The ùruisg enjoyed solitude at certain seasons of the year. Around the end of the harvest, he became more sociable, and hovered around farmyards, stables and cattle-houses. He particularly enjoyed dairy products, and tended to intrude on milkmaids, who made regular libations of milk or cream to charm him off, or to gain his favour. He was usually seen only by those who possessed second sight, though there were instances when he made himself visible to ordinary people as well. He is said to have been jolly and personable, with flowing yellow hair, wearing a broad blue bonnet and carrying a long walking staff.

Whole article here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownie_%28folklore%29

I'm embarrased I got that lol.

Scratch that. I thought you got it from Harry Potter.

Actually it is an elf and its name is Brownie.

Archived