THE BROWNS BOARD

Are the Browns rolling out an elf mascot?

tampadawgs

Actually it is an elf and its name is Brownie.

incorrectamundo.

that's the misconception nearly everyone has, that it's an elf named Brownie...but it's not.

a bunch of peeps being wrong about something for 50 years doesn't make it true...but the origin is slowing coming out.

finally.

a brownie is a species of creature, like a nymph, a sprite, or a hob.

they are 'elf-ish'...but not elves in truth.

the classic Cleveland Browns icon is simply a brownie that happens to also be named Brownie, similar to a human named Human.

calling him 'Brownie the elf' was just a way of categorizing the obscure to pedestrian fans.

and that my friends, is the rest of the story.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge proponent of Brownie, but that just looks like a mischievous drunken hobo.

no you're thinking of the notre dame fighting leprechaun on saint patrick's day.

seen too many of those little fucks in my lifetime.

they can't hold they smoke or drink.

I'm psyched for Brownie to come back. I have a Brownie the Elf sticker on my car and whenever people ask what it is and I tell them they all love it. Brownie is unique in a league where everyone is named after either a bird or a cat. I do hope they are able to incorporate him into the uniform. I always thought he would look good on the sleeves, to serve as a replacement for the "AL".

On a slightly similiar note, has anyone bought a Browns jersey recently? I go to buy a jersey and it looks like the "AL" is still on the sleeve. I want to get one without it on there.

did anyone there see Brownie/

it didn't get any attention on tv that i saw.

I saw him, they had a mascot football game against little kids, after all the mascot from ohio teams including Brutus Buckeye were introduced, they introduced

"BROWNIE THE ELF" through smoke and cheers.

It looks like link from legend of Zelda. Let's not talk about who dropped the ball on naming an elf "brownie" when there's already a perfectly good creature that's actually called a brownie.

Lol. I'm just glad he's back. i didjn't get it tattooed on my arm for nothing. Make fun of me all you want but that elf aint going nowhere.

Our elf will always be Brownie to me...

I'm betting Zombo is Brownie...

No, but Zombo does have a dog named Brownie....

Told you-it's the power of the ELF. Or can we say Hoyer the Destroyer? Perhaps a tad soon to hang that label on the kid. Hello, Earth to the Space Station- will you let us know when Brian wants to come out of orbit? Good Lord, how many kids from Cleveland have had a dream of stepping out onto the field and leading the Browns to a win in their first home start?

PS Most of the out of town guys are currently recuperating from massive post game hangovers- but WILL be in fine form come Thursday night.

Archived