THE BROWNS BOARD

Buster

browni8878

Skrine does seem to be developing...

now if he could just turn his head a little while doing his patented arm-flailing-pass-defensing. he doesn't even need to see the ball, just angle his facemask away from the opponent and toward the qb a lil and POOF...no more flags.

now if he could just turn his head a little while doing his patented arm-flailing-pass-defensing.

lol Like my daughter running in the house when she was 5

now if he could just turn his head a little while doing his patented arm-flailing pass defending. doesn't even need to see the ball, just angle his facemask away from the player toward the qb a lil and POOF. no more flags.

I agree, but I also thought the pass interference call on him today was a bit weak. He came in a bit early but didn't appear to knock the WR off his route at all.. His speed is the only reason he is starting opposite Haden because without it he wouldn't be able to make up the ground that he loses whenever he is matched up man to man. We got lucky on a deep ball to Green in the first half when Skrine was two steps behind on the play..

We got lucky on a deep ball to Green in the first half when Skrine was two steps behind on the play..

you mean the one Gipson almost intercepted/

i was streaming so it was a bit choppy for me at times...and my shift is broken so that slash is a question mark lol

you mean the one Gipson almost intercepted/

i was streaming so it was a bit choppy for me at times...and my shift is broken so that slash is a question mark lol

No the one Gipson almost intercepted was when Haden was covering Green - not Skrine. I believe it was late 2nd quarter when Skrine was matched up one on one with Green. It was 2nd or 3rd down and Bengals were around midfield. I don't believe the Browns intended for that to happen because it looked like Green and Sanu (i think) had routes that crossed one another and Haden and Skrine had to switch to guard the other WR. Dalton overthrew Green by a couple yards otherwise it was a touchdown.. Skrine really did play well today but just not on that particular play..

i bet Skrine would be a monster in zone coverage, but i'm glad he's in Cleveland regardless of scheme.

We were in zone when he made a couple of his big plays today...

I agree. Buster is growing. I live in Chattanooga and Buster played college ball there. He has the talent, he just needed to grow in to being a pro. UTChattanooga to the pros needs some time.

He was raw out of HS, so he didn't get to go to Florida or Ohio State to prep, so he has always been a step behind in his growth, but he seems to be getting there with each game.

Plus, with the name of Buster, you know he is tough.....kind of like the Johnny Cash song "A boy named Sue".....you grow up tough or die.

No the one Gipson almost intercepted was when Haden was covering Green - not Skrine. I believe it was late 2nd quarter when Skrine was matched up one on one with Green. It was 2nd or 3rd down and Bengals were around midfield. I don't believe the Browns intended for that to happen because it looked like Green and Sanu (i think) had routes that crossed one another and Haden and Skrine had to switch to guard the other WR. Dalton overthrew Green by a couple yards otherwise it was a touchdown.. Skrine really did play well today but just not on that particular play..

Yep it was right before the half. He recovered pretty good, dudes got some wheels, but if Dalton hits that it was 6 for sure! Gotta love a good old fashion AFC North beat down. Its just fucking great that the Browns were the DOMINANT team today!! Go Browns! Let's go kick Buffalo's ass now!

His only bad play was the penalty. Fans in the stadium around me were arguing but he didn't get his head around and made early contact. Good call. Other than that he had a great game. It was easy for him to be pushed around and bullied but he is a player. Just needs experience and truth be told he should be playing in the slot if we had a bigger corner outside to compliment Haden.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, he was the best player on the field for the Browns last Sunday, better than Haden. He didn't get beat, made a ton of plays, caused the pick in the end zone, and is a very willing tackler.

Most improved, easily... and getting to the place where we can let go of that and just say he's one of the best players on the team.

Tashan Gipson has 34 tackles (3rd on the team), 6 PDs, and 2 picks. Like Skrine and Robertson, he's a legit starter and we can stop talking about their draft positions or lack thereof. They can play.

Bringing in those three guys helps Heckert's legacy. Doesn't balance out the 2012 first round disaster but it helps.

I have always been, & remain, a huge Buster Fan. He's aggressive & is an excellent tackler. I would like he & Haden to spend time showing TJ Ward how to wrap his arms around an opponent & TACKLE them rather than those damn "body blocks" he uses. It's ok to actually wrap your arms around a back & put them on the ground TJ!

Mike

Archived