THE BROWNS BOARD

Buster

browni8878

Guess our starting CBs are set other than we need a good 3rd one.

Agree he looks much better this year, but Skrine gets plenty of opportunities playing opposite. As I have said before he's the Minniefield to Haden's Dixon...

Wonder what Buster's % Passes Defended stat is? Google is not turning up anything...

Hey, Tour, Pluto had something on that before the last game... and the numbers are superb. Over the last three games prior to the Lions (in which he was terrific) he had an opposing QBR in the 50s with a pick and 0 TDs OR penalties.

He's now on a run of 4 games playing terrific football. There's no way you'd want him out of the lineup at this point. I'd like a corner with size for situational play and an upgrade on Owens in the slot... but that might be Leon McFadden. I expect to start seeing more of him as the year goes on.

I'll agree our secondary is starting to come together, and hopefully that means our edge's maybe have a second longer to get to the qb cause our pass rush is hurting. That being said, the way the NFL is going...these sub 6ft guys aren't gonna cut it soon. Haden is listed at 5'11, generous....Skrine is listed at 5'9, also possibly generous. I'd like to see them pick up at least one guy who's 6'2-6'3...in the mold of those Seattle boys. We need one guy like that at least to put on WR's like Megatron. We need to understand that the Lions were using tron as a decoy...he was visibly not 100%, and he still got two calls on Haden that despite the stadiums protests, were 100% correct. Haden had trons jersey looking like a tent, holding on for dear life. And the other two tall receivers for the Lions had good games.

basically if Calvin Johnson had been 100% that game would have been gone for us by the 1st half. We can't cover guys like that, nobody really can cover megatron but you have to take away at least some of those fgt off shoulder up for grabs balls that Stafford has made his living on throwing to megatron

There was talk that the trend on corners would be smaller and faster since they're not allowed by rule to give a receiver a dirty look, let alone go Ty Law on his ass. But I would like to see someone with size and hops to cover bigger receivers. Haden's physical and can get up and has shut down tall receivers many a time (like A.J.), so let's not forget that.

There was talk that the trend on corners would be smaller and faster since they're not allowed by rule to give a receiver a dirty look, let alone go Ty Law on his ass. But I would like to see someone with size and hops to cover bigger receivers. Haden's physical and can get up and has shut down tall receivers many a time (like A.J.), so let's not forget that.

Same here. I'd love a Sherman.

i think you have that backwards, the trend is going in the direction of the Seahawks secondary. You can't put someone buster skrine's size on megatron, I don't care if he's the fastest man in the NFL...he can't go upstairs with these guys that probably won neighborhood dunk contests growing up.

No, I said it WAS the talk, that teams wanted speed, agility, and athleticism more than size because there was no touching allowed. In fact, same was true at safety where teams were basically looking to play converted cornerbacks.

Not sure Seattle's success really changes everything. The headhunting safety and bully corner is basically outlawed. A guy like Richard Sherman (drafted in round 5) is rare: He's lanky and can run and cut, too. In most cases the bigger guys aren't as quick/fast as the little guys.

In the end, there are many roads to Mecca. Skrine has almost unmatchable make-up speed (4.3) and a scrappy, bring-it-on playing style that can't really be taught. He's a legit starter. But all that said, cornerback crews go four deep with regular contributors and we could use one with some size. Obviously not a first round proposition, though. Might be a f/a, in fact.

Archived